Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Alternative RPG Codex GOTY 2015 VOTE!

Roqua

Prospernaut
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual In My Safe Space
Metal Gear 10
Rainbow Six 10
Zelda 10
Undertial 10
Super MArio Brothers 10
Yoshi 10
Donkey Kong 10

AoD 1
Underrail 1
WL2DC 1

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Dead State Reanimated: 2
Divinity OS EE: 4
Age of Decadence: 5
Pillars of Eternity: 6
Shadowrun Hong Kong: 3
Underrail: 6
Serpent in the Staglands: 2
Wasteland 2 DC: 3
Witcher 3: 9
Fallout 4: 2

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Star Stable: 10

You can't argue that it hasn't provided me with a lot of joy over the past year.

Thrasher

Erudite
Only played 3 released in 2015

Witcher 3: 8
Pillars of Eternity: 8
Fallout 4: 6

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
There's no need for this poll, but I'll take any opportunity to mention Voidspire again:

AoD 10
Voidspire Tactics 10
Swords and Sorcery: Underworld: Definitive: Edition 10
Telepath Tactics 9
The Dwarf Run 9
WiWiH 7
Underrail 6
PoE 6
Hard West 6
Eisenwald 5
SHoKo 4
Renowned Explorers 3
The Quest 3
Undertale 2
SitS 2
BG2 2
Dead State Reanimated 2
InvInc 1
WL2: DC 1
Mordheim 1
Victor Vran 1
Bloodlust 1
TheA - The Awakening 1

Last edited:

Anomander

Educated
Pillars of Eternity: 9
Age of Decadence: 6
Hard West: 7
Sword Coast Legends: 4
The Quest: 5

Namutree

Savant
Age of Decadence: 9 (The only thing holding this game back are the crappy visuals and kinda lackluster ending)
Underrail: 8 (Very solid character creation system; if somewhat cosmetically limited. Combat is well done, but there's not really anything interesting in the game outside of combat)
Telepath tactics: 8 (Would be 1 point higher if not for the bugs. Would also be 1 point higher if the editor was less of a pain. Yeah, it could have been a 10)
PoE: 7 (Good; not great. Really like the character creation, but the combat is fairly dull. Plus the loading times are way too long. Then there's the bugs.)
Undertale: 7 (It's value lies in its gimmicks, but gimmicks can only get you so far.)

DramaticPopcorn

DS2 - SotFS: 6 (more Souls is always good, hypocritical rewind to pre-release version of lighting engine is bad)
W2 - Director's Cut: 7 (Never played or bought into hype, liked it at first, was barely able to get to the end, though)
SH - HK - 5 (Harebrained formula wore off on me)
TWitcher 3: 7 (combat is crap but I loved 70% of the story and the setting, wish there was more variety and substance to the quest design though)

And that's pretty much all I've played from what was released in 2015.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
  • Age of Decadence - 10 (GOTY)
  • Bloodborne - 8 (I didn't give a shit if it is a console exclusive, and it is certantly more of an RPG than Undertale or any game made by Betheseda after Morrowind)
  • Witcher 3 - 8 (great quests and world, good exploration, nice monster design, not bad level design for the dungeons, mediocre combat, bad character building system)
  • Dark Souls 2: Scholar of the First Sin - 8 (Dark Souls 2 in terms of the systems is better than any other souls game - I am not including Bloodborne because it as a different aproach to combat- but SotFS is a nice imrpovement on a already good game)
  • Underrail - 8
  • Divinity: Original Sin; Enchanced Edition - 8
  • Undertale - 5
  • Pillars of Eternity - 4
  • Fallout 4 - 1 (don't give it 0 because it at least they had 2 good idea - the Power Armor and Weapon Modifications - wich like always, they fucked them up)

Nihiliste

Arcane
Patron
While I was a bit disappointed with PoE some votes (e.g. 1/2) seem like borderline trolling or I guess just standard attempts at edginess.

I haven't played that many games from this year - given the time consuming nature of RPGs, I feel these polls are best done as a retrospective. Doing them as a retrospective also helps account for excess edginess, and gives time for unheralded gems to catch on.

That said -

Age of Decadence 9
Underrail 9
Witcher 3 8
Serpent in the Staglands 7
Pillars of Eternity 7
Shadowrun: Hong Kong 6
Legends of Eisenwald 5

Haven't played voidspire or telepath, dex, antharion, etc

Metal Hurlant

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
I would have given PoE a 2 but then I realised it's the game that broke me and stopped playing games for the better part of a year. It really is an insult to a lot of people who pledged their money for it.

Nihiliste

Arcane
Patron
I haven't played a game truly deserving of a 1 or 2 since I was a child and didn't know better. Even a pile of shit like DA:I isn't a 1/10 if we consider 1 to be an appropriate score for the worst games ever created.

Roqua

Prospernaut
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual In My Safe Space
Metal Gear 10
Rainbow Six 10
Zelda 10
Undertial 10
Super MArio Brothers 10
Yoshi 10
Donkey Kong 10

Wait, we can vote on other genres beside RPG's?

Why have you quoted my post to ask this? There have been a million posts before mine that have listed blatant non-rpgs. If they can vote for non-rpgs I can vote for games people think are rpgs because they are fucking morons and this vote is a fraud, and this site is a fraud.
Metal Gear 10
Rainbow Six 10
Zelda 10
Undertial 10
Super MArio Brothers 10
Yoshi 10
Donkey Kong 10

Wait, we can vote on other genres beside RPG's?

Roqua is trolling. Keep calm and carry on.

Please don't tell me what I am or am not doing. Your vote is the fucking troll, you cocksucking nincompoop. If other people can vote for blatant non-rpgs I can vote for games fucking idiots consider rpgs. If you refuse to count my vote in your fraudulent console scam this thing is, then all it does is prove my point.

Xzylvador

Arbiter
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
200.gif

Drowed

Arcane
Age of Decadence: 9
Underrail: 7
Serpent in the Staglands: 6
Wasteland 2: 6
Pillars of Eternity: 7
AntharioN: 5
Shadowrun: Hong Kong: 8
Undertale: 5
Wave of Darkness: 4

Didn't play Sword Coast, Fallout 4 and other shitty ones.

Rant: Underrail was the "saddest" thing for me - it began as a 9, but the more I played, the more I realized that the lack of a map, the excessive backtracking with random mobs and linearity of most quests were boring me. This made me realize that the game wasn't what I expected. It's probably more my fault than the fault of the game itself, I guess. I expected a more open-ended and organic gameplay. But the game is still good, and Styg is a bro. I look forward to his next game.

moraes

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Underrail: 9
AOD: 8
Pillars of Eternity: 5
SR:HK: 5
Swords & Sorcery - Underworld - DEFINITIVE EDITION: 7
Witcher 3: 6
Undertale: 1

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom