Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Alternative RPG Codex GOTY 2015 VOTE!

Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
People giving PoE seriously 1 point even when you have a 10 point system. This forum is becoming such a joke.

Modron

Arcane
I thought Lightning Returns was a joke option, what's with Crooked Bee and others scoring it well, is there actually a decent game there?
100 percenting lightning returns runs the risk of making your brain explode:negative:.

Actual rpgs
AoD - 9
Underrail - 8
Sits - 7
Wasteland 2 DC - 6
SH: HR - 6

Games with stats
Hard West - 8
Invisible Inc - 7
Legends of Eisenwald - 7
Chroma Squad - 7

Games with skills
Fallout 4, didn't play it.

Saber-Scorpion

Learned
Patron
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech
Witcher 3: 10
Divinity OS EE: 9
Age of Decadence: 9
Pillars of Eternity: 8
Shadowrun Hong Kong: 7
Wasteland 2 Director's Cut: 4
Fallout 4: 1

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
People giving PoE seriously 1 point even when you have a 10 point system. This forum is becoming such a joke.

Yep, the give you like is shit. Perhaps you did not know this, but this is why RPGCodex exists.
It's true though. Score guide:

1 = butthurt

10 = no critical sense/fundamental lack of understanding about Computer Role-Playing Games

Weasel

Yep, the give you like is shit. Perhaps you did not know this, but this is why RPGCodex exists.
It's true though. Score guide:

1 = butthurt

10 = no critical sense/fundamental lack of understanding about Computer Role-Playing Games

Or, people wanting their votes to be more influential when the calculations are done, which always happens when votes are aggregated like this. So they may not give a game 10/10 in a review, but giving ones and tens swings the needle more than giving 5s for bad games and 8 for favourites.

Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
There are only very few games I'd give a 10 (only to my absolute favorite games ever), and there is none I'd give a 1 in my history of gaming.
Even my most hated games I ever played (Dragin Age: Inquisition, Gothic 3 Addon Forsaken Gods, Risen 2) would be a 3, or if I'm in a real bad mood maybe a 2.

Wayward Son

Fails to keep valuable team members alive
Here goes:
Fallout 4: 3
TWitcher 3: 7
AoD: 8

Sadly, (or not) this is all of the 2015 releases that I played. I've been too busy this year playing the classics.

bonescraper

Twitcher 3: 8
SitS: 7
Underrail: 6
Fallout 4: 4
Shadowrun: HK: 4
PoE: 3

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Man don't think too much about it. The story is more of less like this: A Codex review underlined all the possibly bad aspects of a great game and thus anyone who wants to be an Esteemed Codexer (TM) has to rate it with maximum 3.
I would start about other games that get 9s and 10s like cookies just because they had an Incline tag on their topic when in Early Access or something but I'm not in the mood for the shitstorm

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
a great game
Let us not go that far.
In my opinion it was. I read the whole review here and found most points valid. I also was reading Sensuki's posts here and in the PoE forums and I understood him completely. However I played 120 fucking hours and I loved them all. Because maybe the details had issues(a lot of them) but the total was friggin good.
So to summarize I can completely understand Darth Roxor and Sensuki giving a 1 or sth to PoE because they had certain expectations and ideas that were not fulfilled but I do believe that they created a "cult following" in here to the point that ,for example, a game like SitS will be voted above it...which is laughable. Not even the guys that made SitS would do that.

Shin

Cipher
AoD: 8
Shadowrun: Hong Kong: 8
Underrail: 9
The Witcher 3: 9
Divinity: OS: 8
Pillars of Eternity: 5
Undertale: 4
Sword Coast Legends: 2

IMHO, it was a great year for RPG's and games in general.

Last edited:

Kruno

Arcane
Patron
Village Idiot Zionist Agent Shitposter
Shadowrun: Hong Kong: 7
Fallout 4: 5
Underrail: 8
The Witcher 3: 7
Divinity: OS: 8
Pillars of Eternity: 8
Serpents in the Staglands: 6
The Quest: 7
Lightning Returns: 7
ADOM: 8
Van Helsing Director's Cut: 7
Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 3: 7
Mugen Souls: 5
Wasteland 2 DC: 8
Final Fantasy Type-0 HD: 6
Victor Vran: 6

Namutree

Savant
Age of Decadence: 8
Pillars of Eternity: 5
Underrail: 4
Witcher 3: 7
Shadowrun hong kong: 6

Those are all the RPGs I played this year. I condemn anyone even voting for stuff like Invisible inc(it's GOTY, its just not an RPG) or undertale (jRPGs are counted as RPGs now?).
Actually, yes. If an ARPG like Twitcher, or a first person shooter like Fallout 4 count, then jrpgs count too.

Namutree

Savant
No JRPG don't count because this is a western board.
Well that's fine, I guess. Although Undertale is technically a western game, just with heavy foreign influence. Either way he was asking if JRPG's are counted as RPG's; not whether this board only accepts western games. Even if it's true that this board doesn't accept JRPG's; JRPG's are no less legitimate RPG's than Fallout 4 or Twitcher 3. So my point remains valid.

Lhynn

Arcane
Underrail: 8
Age of decadence: 7
Pillars of eternity: 3
Witcher 3: 8
Sword coast legends: 2
Fallout 4: 4
Wasteland 2: 5
Shadowrun HK: 6
Way of the samurai 4: 6
Dragons Dongma Dark Arisen: 7
Bloodlust Shadowhunter: 5
Blackguards 2: 2
Invisible Inc: notanrpg.
Hard West: noanrpg you assholes.
Sunless Sea: 4
AntharioN: 4

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom