Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Amnesia: The Dark Descent (makers of Penumbra)

Kingston

Arcane
I lack the wit to put something hilarious here
https://www.amnesiagame.com

https://af.gog.com/game/amnesia_the_dark_descent?as=1649904300

A video of gameplay:

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/57957

Looks like the gameplay is the same as in Penumbra. Penumbra and Penumbra: Black Plague are the scariest games I've ever played, so I'm really looking forward to this. I do hope they add some new gameplay elements too so that it's not just "Penumbra in a different setting", though I wouldn't mind that too much.

Last edited by a moderator:

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
That reminds me, I've yet to play the latest instalment. They released a third one a while ago.

MessiahMan

Cipher
Patron
Codex 2012 Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
I dig that creepy run-down castle vibe they're playing for. Pretty wimpy trailer, but I guess they wouldn't have too awful much to show yet.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
DarkUnderlord said:
That reminds me, I've yet to play the latest instalment. They released a third one a while ago.

That one was a big disapointment as it is simply a serie of puzzles one after the other. The sense of exploration and horror of Black Plague isn't present as it's pretty clear you're there only to push boxes around or combine items, nothing more.

sqeecoo

Arcane
DarkUnderlord said:

Do not, I repeat, do not play the third installment under any circumstances. It sucks so much there is a serious danger of your brain imploding. But the first two parts were brilliant, and by far the scariest games I've played.

Fez

Erudite
Don't you get it for $5 if you went for that charity game pack too?

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Nah, you don't. In the charity pack (here, it'll be running until May 11) you get Penumbra: Overture for as few $ as you want. Then, you can buy all Penumbras released up to now (the "Collection") for $5. The Amnesia title isn't included, but I still think it's a pretty sweet deal for someone who didn't play any of these games (like me).

Amnesia's regular price will be $20.

Fez

Erudite
Elwro said:
Nah, you don't. In the charity pack (here, it'll be running until May 11) you get Penumbra: Overture for as few $ as you want. Then, you can buy all Penumbras released up to now (the "Collection") for $5. The Amnesia title isn't included, but I still think it's a pretty sweet deal for someone who didn't play any of these games (like me).

Amnesia's regular price will be $20.

Ah, I see.

I will pre-order it just because I don't have the heart to say no to you and imagine the resulting frown. It would be like kicking a puppy.

Phelot

Arcane
I just preordered. I loved the Penumbra games, but always wished it was in a setting like Amnesia seems to be in, so this should be great!

Fez

Erudite
1930 pre-orders now. So close to success I can almost imagine Elwro's rosy cheeks and smiling face as the dream comes true.

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
WE MADE IT

The Codex has once again presented the true meaning of team spirit in front of the whole internet. So happy to be a part of it!

and lol, additional $20000 for a commentary track? You've got to be shitting me. Nah, just kidding :D

VD should do something like this - "after 1000 preorders 3 quests will get an additional non-brutal solutions!" etc.

Self-Ejected

Jack

█▓▒░
Patron
Insert Title Here
I really liked Penumbra, and I don't think this game dissapoint me.

What I found intriguing was the design blog.
This isn't your ordinary indie developer.

coaster

Liturgist
Bit late to the party, but preordered anyway. The Penumbra games were good, atmospheric fun.

Phelot

Arcane
Isn't the game only going to be like $30 full price? I hope it's not really short.

Fez

Erudite
I think it is $20, so not so bad even if it is short.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom