Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

An actual new Skyrim video

baronjohn

Cipher
Everything I've seen so far has been a rehash of that quakecon presentation, so here's 6 minutes of never before seen skyrim:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nm80VuP1q0I

Seems... okay. The important thing is that the aesthetic are okay. That means that even if the gameplay is shit it can always be fixed with TC mod.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
3 minutes i won't ever get back....
also: looks like fallout 3 fantasy with sephiroth modded in.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
No amount of mods on earth can fix a shitty game engine...

EDIT:

r2izw0.jpg

NEVAR FORGET!

:salute:

DraQ

Arcane
Updated my journal status to marginally* interested.

There is no doubt mechanics will be a humongous turd and combat looks bad, but if they make up for this with atmosphere, not too derpy** dialogues, and some interesting twists to unrape the lore and change the dragons back from unambiguously EEEVUL cliffracers 2.0 I may even start thinking it won't be completely, irredeemably hopeless mess.

*)
As in "pretty sure it will suck horribly, but will keep an eye on it just in case".

**)
Random oblivious NPC with bonus chromosome said:
I understand he'll teach others to pick locks. If everyone knew how, we wouldn't have to carry around so many keys.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Fuck it, the atmosphere in some places actually looks p. cool. :/

Erzherzog

Magister
Well, scratch off generic fantasy world from the list of reasons why Skyrim sucks.

Fuck it, I'll buy it and see...

Carrion

Arcane
Patron
The video gave me some really nice Morrowind vibes. That almost made me forget about the shittiness of all the other videos. Oblivion never looked this good, though, so Bethesda may be improving, at least a little bit.

J_J_M

Educated
Surf Solar said:
Fuck it, the atmosphere in some places actually looks p. cool. :/
Yeah, the art has had time to mature. Oblivion and Fallout 3 looked like games they were far too timid with the console hardware. Took them almost a decade to make a game that looks like it came after Morrowind.

MMXI

Arcane
Xi said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ie7YrmHO1g&feature=related

Looks very lagged at times.
"Wow! Look how real that fire looks! WOW! LOOK AT THAT HORSE TAIL!"

riptide

Scholar
Here's the new footage without the stupid commentary and in 720p quality: click.

Also, some of the already seen clips were edited out.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Looks decent enough, but you instantly notice it's a Bethesda game because of the wooden animations.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom