Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

An archive of Josh Sawyer's Formspring from April 2010 through March 2013 (over 1 mb of text)

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Veganism is OCD and also very likely to damage your health. Man was not meant to be vegan. You can definitely live a perfectly normal life as a vegetarian though.

2000$ on average.

To be fair, that's probably his work chair, which means the bosses bought it. Plus when you spend most of your day sitting, a good back-supporting chair is extremely important and the cost is certainly worth the price of not having back pain later in life.

i just found it funny he remembers names of everything including his own chair. although not surprised at this point.

Spectrum tells.

Shadenuat

Arcane
I am not exactly getting the idea of not eating meat from cows cause US meat manufacturers have questionable morals (?) and thus fighting consumerism but consume all other products from said cows.

Soreh I don't want to hijack your thread anymore. Will you add more here maybe from later replies?

A JES Bible??

To be fair, that's probably his work chair, which means the bosses bought it
Feargus buying them 2000$ chairs...... :philosoraptor:

Last edited:

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Feargus buying them 2000$ chairs...... :philosoraptor:

Recall that Avellone said Feargus shows blatant favoritism to the people he likes. :) Reminds me a bit of this anecdote from Marvel writer/editor Christopher Priest

For instance, I had a really crappy office chair, so Jim said, "Go pick out a new one." Well, I picked out a really nice faux-leather executive chair that drove many staffers absolutely nuts. Who does this guy think he is with his fancy chair?!? Jim should have told me, "Jim— if I buy you a new chair, the books will suffer because people will be more angry about the chair and how you got it than they will be concerned about editing comic books." The NBC sitcom Newsradio was so similar to Marvel in those days it seemed plagiarized. There was this episode where one of the characters got a new desk, and it derailed the entire operation because now everybody wanted a new desk. Marvel was peopled by colorful and eccentric personality types, a broad group of voices and experiences and sensibilities, and Shooter was the keeper of the asylum.

What most staffers didn't realize was, rather than grouse about it, they could have asked Dad for their own damned chair. It wasn't so much that I was his protégé or his favorite son, it was that I knew him maybe a little more and, ultimately, a little less than others did. But many staffers actively disliked Jim, not for any specific thing he'd done, but because he approved my new chair.

RepHope

Savant
d) Continuously waging war in one nation while indefinitely sustaining peacekeeping efforts in another -- and funding warlords and/or favored nations (e.g., Israel) to hold our mutual enemies at bay.
Now we know why Infinitron can’t get a job at Obsidian.

deuxhero

Arcane
I currently sit on an expensive chair I got at a thrift store for a couple bucks. I can confirm the superiority to the Chinese crap in durability and comfort. All the cheap ones I've tried barely lasted a year before critical failure (broken stem, ect.), but the only issues this one has had after years of me sitting on it not stop are the plastic covering the arm wrests has fallen off (simple glue job) and cracked where my elbow sits all the time (a strip of duck tape fixed this)

Efe

Erudite
aren't you already preserving this?
is something going to happen to you soon?

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
aren't you already preserving this?
is something going to happen to you soon?
I had a local copy preserved on my hard drive, but nowhere else. Seemed like a good idea to put something up (but not the original janky 15 mb html file) since tomorrow is promised to no one and such. It's also a cutting of ties of sorts.

Efe

Erudite
well at least you are one of few codexers that means what they say.
how many similar files you got?
i'd like information on infinitron..something to stop thread splits

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
For specific people, just Lesi out of necessity, and I've already shared everything there. I have a text file full of links to various RPG-related interviews with particular answers, though I haven't bothered to add anything to it in quite a while. I keep a lot of trivial details in my head.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
For specific people, just Lesi out of necessity, and I've already shared everything there. I have a text file full of links to various RPG-related interviews with particular answers, though I haven't bothered to add anything to it in quite a while. I keep a lot of trivial details in my head.

Have you ever been formally diagnosed with a mental disorder?

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Have you ever been formally diagnosed with a mental disorder?
When I was a child I was professionally diagnosed with asperger's, however I refused to believe it was even a real disorder because it seemed awfully narrowminded-and-normie to describe a collection of quirks as something being wrong with you. The difficulties it's given me during adulthood have made me reassess my opinion.

Last edited:

vortex

Fabulous Optimist
When I was a child I was professinally diagnosed with asperger's, however I refused to believe it was even a real disorder because it seemed awfully narrowminded-and-normie to describe a collection of quirks as something being wrong with you. The difficulties it's given me during adulthood have made me reassess my opinion.

What difficulties has given you during adulthood ?

Insert Title Here
Veganism is OCD and also very likely to damage your health.

As opposed to the healthy carnoid diet, which has seen increased meat and dairy consumption coincide with the obesity epidemic, an average LDL cholesterol of 130 which is dangerous (vegan is 70), increased cancer rates for carnies, and other fun stuff.

Funposter

Arcane

Josh hardly needs to worry about malnourishment

pVxuYhu.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom