Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline An excerpt from a writing about Elves by Chris Avellone (A reminder that he is with us).

Bohrain

Liturgist
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
1456027697436.png

Feyd Rautha

Arcane
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Feargus Urquhart: "Ok, today's meeting is about how we introduce the gold backers into the game."
Eric Fasterbator: "Lets just give the write-up to Carrie Patel and lets her assign them as memories to all of the NPCs in the first town. Carrie - how does that sound?"
Carrie Patel: Easy for backers like this Chippy guy - he just told me to re-write his shit lore for his shit item however I liked so it fit the game, but what about other backers that have written their own?".
Competant Member of Staff: "I have a concern...considering the tone of the start of the game, and having too many writers..."
Feargus Urquhart: "I have a meeting with the wife high-ups: please get to the point".
Competant Member of Staff: "In PST..."
20 Year old Obsidian Staff: "Whats PST?".
Competant Member of Staff: "Ohhh shit...ummm, well, err you start off in a mortuary, you're dead, you need to gather information, later on you gain the ability to speak with the dead - so you come back to the mortuary - and you can talk to every corpse. One of them may have been a party member in your previous..."
Feargus Urguhart: "Whats the point!?".
Competant Member of Staff: "Well we're setting up our old fans to talk to all these NPCs like they might be important to who they are, the word count might be higher, it might also be written in a differant tone, and...".
Feargus Urguhart: "AND THE POINT IS???".
Competant Member of Staff: "What if we just tuck them away in a tomb, somewhere else, with a subtle hint of who they are?. With a gold inscription over the entrance saying "Here lie those who helped lay the foundations of our new property, their names forever laid in gold, their memories never forgotten...".
Feargus Urguhart: "Shit! I've gotta go! Fasterbator; you take care of this and implement it in whatever way".
Eric Fasterbator: "My surname is not...".
Josh Sawyer: "Carrie, if we balance the word count of the NPCs with the total amount of steps the party members take in the first area - do you think there will be enough of a gap balancing the two? And lessening the impact of the word count?".
haha! lol

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom