Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime avatars in my Codex?

Should the Codex have anime avatars?

• Yes, they are the key to understanding RPG Codex

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No, get that shit back to GameFAQs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Needs more Connie Chung

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Jason

chasing a bee
Some of you seem to enjoy those anime (or at least anime looking) avatars. Whether this is due to a history of sexual abuse as a child or a paint thinner huffing habit, I don't know and it's not really my business. But I do know one of the reasons the Codex has avoided custom avatars is avoid the inevitable influx of gayass anime avatars. Unfortunately, we've let our guard down and anime has soiled the purity of our in-house avatar gallery even without custom avatars. How has this happened? (DU) Who is to blame? (DU) More importantly, what do we do now? Do we soldier on and let the less fortunate enjoy their soul-destroying anime avatars or do we purge this blight from the Codex?

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Purge the evil from these lands that we might be rid of their corrupting touch for eternity.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
Honestly, if we allow avatars of all types, where exactly will that take us in the end? If we don't say no to anime avatars right here right now there'll soon come a time when we all have avatars detailing our sexual orientation! I could have a gif detailing the vital points of Mr Hands, for example. This isn't about anime, friends. This is about reading your favorite threads without having to look at hot, steamy man on horse action.

racofer

Thread Incliner
DriacKin said:
Remove all the existing anime avatars.

This.

And to reiterate Nickolas Levasseur words:

XYg9v.png

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
Yes, remove the anime avatars. They have no place on the RPG Codex. That said, those coming from Japanese RPG or other hybrid games are not anime and can rightfully stay.

F052.png

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
70% against? Where the fuck are all the weaboo faggots when you need them?

I am disappoint.

Felix

Arcane
Remove all the avatars that look anime, game or not, like Gragt's for starter, but keep the rape faces.

a budda

Arbiter
Felix said:
Remove all the avatars that look anime, game or not, like Gragt's for starter, but keep the rape faces.

now YOU smell of anime too, methinks, i say we set up a proper INQUSITION!
then burn it with fire of course

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Remove ALL avatars and there will be no bitching about which avatars are not cool.

Multi-headed Cow

Voted get that shit back to gamefaqs but I don't mind them if they're from a game. The game avatars are a charming part of RPG Codex.

Wyrmlord

Arcane
Allow avatars of all kinds so we can know what kind of a place the Codex TRULY is.

I think it's revealing that I chose my avatar from an indie game by a Jewish man.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom