Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Another clueless Fallout MMORPG idea

Psilon

Erudite
I saw Slashdot posted a link to Feargus's Gamespot chat. Here's a wonderful comment:

Zevets said:
Subject: I WANT FALLOUT MMO
I have to admit I am a Fallout lover. While some trashed Fallout Tactic I thought it was the greatest game. The interface was not that bad. Get over it, you can't read.

That is not my point though. I think that Fallout 3 or 4 should be a MMORPG. It has all the elements neccesary. Just add say bio-upgrades similar to Deus Ex's and keep the arsenals of weapons (add 20 or 30 preferably) and make it so that each player owns vehicles and a house, and you would have the ultimate MMORPG. Make it so you can mine stuff to make armor etc, having a complicated crafting system, make user created clans, allow people to build a "outpost" that would be their house all in glorious 3D. Spawning would be limited to a "spawn site" preferably as high level characters would be in the extreme distances, hours away from their point of death. The main thing though would be vehicles. Convoys crossing the nuclear wastelands, being ambushed by piles of behemoths all crouching behind a series of hills. It could be beautiful and a money making machine! I can go on forever about the Gameplay as I have thought it all out in my free time. Seriously if you interested in my idea email me at ssherman@mail.friendsbalt.org.

Really, did this guy ever play Fallout 1 and 2?

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
I'm beginning to think that stupidity is mankind's dominant trait. Mine stuff to make armour? Own vehicles and houses? Bio mods from DE? Yep, that's what Fallout was all about. The funny (or sad, depends on how you look at it) part is that he has thought it all out in his free time. Conclusion: he has way too much free time on his hands. It's time to reintroduce slave labour. They should check IQ when a person wishes to start communicating with society and sharing ideas. If the cluemeter registers even a tiny mental activity, the person is being sent to school or assigned a mentor. If the only reading is zero, off to one of the slave camps he goes. Fair and square. Uhh...vote for me in the next elections, folks :D

Jinxed

Liturgist
Zevets said:
I have to admit I am a Fallout lover. While some trashed Fallout Tactic I thought it was the greatest game. The interface was not that bad. Get over it, you can't read.

That is not my point though. I think that Fallout 3 or 4 should be a MMORPG. It has all the elements neccesary. Just add say bio-upgrades similar to Deus Ex's and keep the arsenals of weapons (add 20 or 30 preferably) and make it so that each player owns vehicles and a house, and you would have the ultimate MMORPG. Make it so you can mine stuff to make armor etc, having a complicated crafting system, make user created clans, allow people to build a "outpost" that would be their house all in glorious 3D. Spawning would be limited to a "spawn site" preferably as high level characters would be in the extreme distances, hours away from their point of death. The main thing though would be vehicles. Convoys crossing the nuclear wastelands, being ambushed by piles of behemoths all crouching behind a series of hills. It could be beautiful and a money making machine! I can go on forever about the Gameplay as I have thought it all out in my free time. Seriously if you interested in my idea email me at ssherman@mail.friendsbalt.org.

In response to this I can only say:
Scotty.jpg

chrisbeddoes

Erudite
"I WANT FALLOUT MMO "

Yes . It is cool ! why ? Because all the hardcores Fallouts will play it to the death ( just playtesting this crap you understand) and they will be the ones that find the uber uniques Bozars first then they dupe them and then sell them to e-bay for 250 $ for each.

Hmmm. We all gonna be rich $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

;)

Anonymous

Maintaining an MMO and making actually quality gaming in one is incredibly difficult, I dont get why people just think you can throw together some shit, make it online and it'll be the best thing evar.

Cars, houses, mining, YAY THE SIMS:Gone Wasteland! ONLINE. LIVE OUT IN THE WASTES AND TRY TO SEDUCE THAT LOVELY GHOUL, BUY TRASH CANS FOR THE HOUSE.

Diogo Ribeiro

Erudite
Zevets said:

timeline2-Xel.jpg

Seven

Erudite
Why hasn't my Jesus comment incited a war of religious flames? Dammit, people don't get riled as easily as they used to. And no I'm not being a troll, I'm just bored. However, I wouldn't be if I had some deccent games to play. Any suggestions (and yea, I'm hijacking this thread :P )?

Spazmo

Erudite
Seven9 said:
Why hasn't my Jesus comment incited a war of religious flames?

Oh, sorry. How about...

MOHAMMED > JESUS YOU FUCKWIT!

No, that's not far out enough. Ah! Here we go.

Muad'dib could totally beat up Jesus!

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Zevets said:

It was also the game where you didn't have to really do anything much to win. Set all your dudes on aggressive and map march them around. That's it. YOU WIN!

That is not my point though. I think that Fallout 3 or 4 should be a MMORPG. It has all the elements neccesary.

It has all the elements that wouldn't work in an MMO, you mean.

Just add say bio-upgrades similar to Deus Ex's

So, very 1950s sci-fi and has been established so many times in Fallout and Fallout 2 that these exist! Yeah, that was sarcasm. Here's another point, though, wouldn't biomods assfuck perks? That's right, they would! Because they wouldn't even be rare! You'd have to have enough of these around for all the thousands of gimpbunnies to get when they get level 10 or something.

and keep the arsenals of weapons (add 20 or 30 preferably)

MOER WEPONZ = TEH SHIT!

and make it so that each player owns vehicles

Because vehicles were so common in Fallout and Fallout 2.

and a house,

Because decent housing in a post nuclear wasteland would be cheap and affordable.

and you would have the ultimate MMORPG.

Which wouldn't resemble Fallout at all, so what's the point of calling a "Fallout"?

Make it so you can mine stuff to make armor etc,

Why mine? Couldn't you just scavenge a car to make metal armor? Or slaughter a brahmin to make leather? You couldn't mine anything to make combat armor or power armor, because those were both polymer armors.

having a complicated crafting system,

I doubt this guy would like anything complicated.

make user created clans,

Like fifty clans called "The Khans"?

allow people to build a "outpost" that would be their house all in glorious 3D.

Ummm.. Yeah.. That's so much better than just finding a place and moving in, and makes so much more sense in Fallout that you could build bunkers all over the place.

Spawning would be limited to a "spawn site" preferably as high level characters would be in the extreme distances, hours away from their point of death.

Because cloning is an integral part of Fallout?

The main thing though would be vehicles. Convoys crossing the nuclear wastelands, being ambushed by piles of behemoths all crouching behind a series of hills.

Uhhh.. What? Did I miss something here?

Let's also not forget that travelling between towns in Fallout would take a really friggin long time.

It could be beautiful and a money making machine!

Money sucking machine that would cost tens of millions to develop.

I can go on forever about the Gameplay as I have thought it all out in my free time.

Re: CRAP DESIGN

chrisbeddoes

Erudite
this could be a FO:POS MMORPG not a fallout MMORPG.

And mayby this is what ineptplay plans to develop for FOP0S:2 or FOPOS:3

Stunned investors think HEYY Ineptplay had a plan all along and triple the price !!!!!

Greenskin13

Erudite
Seven9 said:
Why hasn't my Jesus comment incited a war of religious flames?

Sorry, I'm a bit slow today. Let me fetch my ol' Inquisition torch and we shall begin.

OMFG, d1d u just call J35U5 a n3gr0?!!?!?!?!!!111111111????

Sol Invictus

Erudite
Lack of money and interest are the only two reasons stopping me from paying this guy a visit and teaching him an 'object lesson' he wouldn't soon forget.

It's amazing how he's managed to live as long as he has without choking on his food.

Rosh

Erudite
It is because of complete idiots like them that the game industry has gone to shit, aside from media whores like GameBanshee, IGN, GameSpy, etc.
I miss the days of when you had to know something to get connected to the internet. Now every moron can share their stupidity with the click of a button.

I now want to beat that stupid shit like a baby seal.

Anonymous

Even worse is AOL/EarthLink/etcetcetecasd randomly mails people internet access.

But yeah, I think gaming is sorta in a slump and it's getting worse. Games have sort of gone stangant, nobody is really trying anything new or creative or making a bold step towards something. Instead they just make Diablo-clones, shitty console games and retarded 'fite teh monstars' rehashes with no content and no innovation MMOs.

Everyone is aiming for the almighty dollar and going for the quickest way down heavily beaten paths. No growth.

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Heh, yeah how about that.

Fast forward 16 years and we have retards like Gregz playing Fagout MMO mining stuff and owning player houses.

IN 3D!

catfood

AGAIN
Three times as many years have passed since I joined here than the date of this thread and my join date. I remember thinking back then that 2004 was in the already the stone age. :negative:

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
Dude. Fucking hell. This was only 2 years after I joined. Rex was still a part of the codex.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom