Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Another World 15th Anniversary Edition on GoG

asper

Arcane
Project: Eternity

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Man, I played the original up to some point where I got stuck.

I should give it another try. I just recently completed Heart Of Darkness again, another platformer headed by the same guy.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
Heart of Darkness was a bit meh.

Anyway GOG is a scam because they sell content that is FREELY available on torrent sites!

spekkio

Arcane
FUCK TGIS POPMOLE SHIT!

The important thing is: where did they torrent it from and what crack did they use (scene-cred is seriouz biz). Fuckers!

Hory

Erudite
Another Warez Fiddled-with Abolitionary Vendition

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Cracked and ready, I hope.

asper

Arcane
Eric Chahi had nothing to do with 'Heart of Darkness'. Some company just bought the 'franchise' from him. That's probably why it sucks compared to AW.

Mattresses

Scholar
asper said:
Eric Chahi had nothing to do with 'Heart of Darkness'. Some company just bought the 'franchise' from him. That's probably why it sucks compared to AW.

you're thinking of Heart of the Alien, Interplay's sequel rape for the megacd.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
The "real" sequels to Another World were FLashback and Fade To Black, both awesome games.

asper

Arcane
Yeah, a lot of people used to say that even back in the day, but it's a myth.

Wikipedia said:
Flashback was and still appears to be mistaken as a sequel to Eric Chahi's videogame Another World. Although both games do share similarities, the storylines are completely different, and there is no major connection between two characters in Flashback.
Fade to Black is a sequel to Flashback, but Flashback is not a sequel to AW. Completely different world and different characters.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
asper said:
Yeah, a lot of people used to say that even back in the day, but it's a myth.

Wikipedia said:
Flashback was and still appears to be mistaken as a sequel to Eric Chahi's videogame Another World. Although both games do share similarities, the storylines are completely different, and there is no major connection between two characters in Flashback.
Fade to Black is a sequel to Flashback, but Flashback is not a sequel to AW. Completely different world and different characters.

Flashback is more of a spiritual sequel. Blackthorne (a flashback clone by blizzard) was also pretty fun.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
That's why I said "real" instead of real. But yeah technically asper is right. I think we can all agree that Heart of the Alien was shit.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Sceptic said:
The real "sequels" to Another World were FLashback and Fade To Black, both awesome games.
Fixed. Shows just how much I like you ;)

Tails

Arbiter
At least in case of Another World the original dev gets the money, not some shitty publisher/Activision.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
^ Yeah, so you should buy it from his site because that way he'll get a bigger sum of the money.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Gragt said:
I just found this. Haven't tried it yet but from the images it looks pretty similar to AW.

Oh yeah, OnEscapee. Very good game. It's something between another world and flashback. I really liked its style. I think that there's not a single word written or spoken in the game and yet it tells an interesting story with good platforming action and puzzles. You can find review+dowload in abandonia raloaded.

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
Download links are broken.

Damn, now I really want to buy Another World after trying the demo. Talking about a nostalgia trip!

Except their payment-site doesn't work. Great.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom