Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

KickStarter AntharioN

Discussion in 'General RPG Discussion' started by The Round Peg, Oct 21, 2012.

1. The Round Peg Educated

The Round Peg
    Kickstarter: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/879484120/antharion
    Kickstarter 2: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/879484120/antharion-an-old-school-rpg

https://orphicsoftware.com/index.html

Show Spoiler
    This is how fresh people with no track record, no extensive resume (i.e., who can't drop names or titles) should do a Kickstarter. Show us a video of working, running beta.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2021
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Mother Russia Andhaira Dumbfuck Queued

Andhaira
    Andhaira
    Codex 2013
    Already scooped. Read the forums before you spew your vomit, nOOb.

^ Top  
  3. ColCol Arcane

ColCol
    Antharion, because who doesn't want their player characters to look like big-headed mutants?

^ Top  
  4. Excidium P. banal

Self-Ejected
    Show Spoiler
    [​IMG]

^ Top  
  5. Terpsichore Arcane

Terpsichore
    I hope they add a walking animation if it gets funded.

Also, mac and razer mouse. :hero:

^ Top  
  6. pakoito Arcane Patron

pakoito
    http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/879484120/antharion

I don't know why it got such bad rap in here but it looks quite decent, it only has 8h left in the clock and it may flop. Given that my rep here is at a historical minimum I'll just post this here and embrace the purifying flames.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. Metro Arcane Beg Auditor

Metro
    No 'may' about it -- it's been stalled about $4k short for days. It's not making it. There's a thread on the News forum. In short I think they should relaunch, get more publicity (seems like the Codex is the only site they engaged or that bothered to acknowledge them), and seriously considering lowering the game tier to $10. Not a commentary on the quality of their product but when Fargo offers his game for $15 then it sorts of sets the market price.

^ Top  
  8. Destroid Arcane

Destroid
    Not my kind of game, but it looked pretty cool, sad to see it fail short only a small amount and with such a modest funding goal.

EDIT: Yeah agreed, indies pretty much have to sell their games for $10 on kickstarter.

^ Top  
  9. Krash Prophet

Krash
    I've donated, hoping more folks do the same.

EDIT: It failed :(

^ Top  
  10. Roguey Codex Staff Sawyerite

Roguey
    I gave it a bad rap because it was lacking creativity in the writing department and looked like it was trying to replicate the Exile/Avernum experience, and well, those games already exist. If you want me to preorder on faith you have to promise me something special-but-feasible. :)

^ Top  
  11. Kukulkan Learned

Kukulkan
    They should have aimed lower. At least we have Jeff Vogel games.

^ Top  
  12. Frian Bargo Kosmonaut's Alt

Unwanted
    So, it's July 13. When is this coming out? Their recent update was for backers only. If anyone backed, could you share the update?

^ Top  
  13. pakoito Arcane Patron

pakoito
    :hmmm:

^ Top  
  14. PowerTorment Io-Interactive Patron Developer

PowerTorment
    Currently planned release is December 2013.

^ Top  
  15. GrimoireFTW Learned

GrimoireFTW
    wow never heard about this game until now but it looks freakin amazing, so many sweet rpgs coming out, just sad theres nothing to play atm, but fuck what a year to come

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. pakoito Arcane Patron

pakoito
    So June 2014 then.

• Brofist Brofist x 4
    ^ Top  
  17. pakoito Arcane Patron

pakoito
    Don't get me wrong, I'm excited for the game, I pledged the first time when it didn't make it, and I'd rather he takes his time.

But this is the codex and I need brofists because gamification.

^ Top  
  18. Hirato Purse-Owner Patron

Hirato
    Codex 2012 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/879484120/antharion-an-old-school-rpg/posts/526297
    There's a sweet piece of music too, but you should've pledged if you wanted to hear that!
    :codexisfor:

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  19. Frian Bargo Kosmonaut's Alt

Unwanted
    Thanks bros. I am really looking forward to this. I know delays are common in gaming for both indies and AAA+ games, and they typically predict early dates in Kickstarters because a date a year ahead of the predicted date could result in fewer backers, but still this is a pretty big delay. I wish they had just finished up the original game they planned and then released the mega additions (extra dungeons and towns) as downloadable expansion packs. Kickstarter backers would get them for free, the rest would pay a couple of bucks for it. They could even add in extra spells and stuff into them.

The only reason I am kinda whining is that with so many great games seemingly coming out by the end of this year and all next year, I was hoping to have already played Antharion by then (basically, a sort of appetizer to the main course of :incline:)

Anyhow, have they started the Beta test yet?

^ Top  
  20. Hirato Purse-Owner Patron

Hirato
    I don't know, there hasn't been anything about it in the kickstarter updates.
    And if they contacting eligible backers personally, I didn't pledge high enough to make it into the beta.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. MicoSelva Prestigious Gentleman The House Always Wins Patron

MicoSelva
    Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker
  22. pakoito Arcane Patron

pakoito
    That's super important.

Storyfags...

^ Top  
  23. MicoSelva Prestigious Gentleman The House Always Wins Patron

MicoSelva
    Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    It does differentiate a great game froma good one.

^ Top  
  24. Hirato Purse-Owner Patron

Hirato
    Update 27 was just put out~!

Progress Update 8/27 (Backer Only)

So I'll be playing it sometime next year.
    They also briefly go over what they've been up to and working on, unfortunately like their prior updates, it's very light on images and details.

Interesting choice with Charisma there, I approve since the prior information we've received about the "barter" skill pretty much painted it as a total dump stat.
    It sounds great, almost can't wait. I'm a bit sceptical of the will-o-the-wisp feature though, would need to see how it plays out, it can be nice if it's either late-game or rather gimmicky, or it can ruin exploration to some degree.

They also introduce what I surmise is a new feature they're relatively proud of.
    Of course, if you want to know what it is, you should've been a backer!
    :codexisfor:

no spellcheck, will-o-the-wisp is not spelt as "run-of-the-mill"

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. mindx2 Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter Patron

mindx2
    Gazing at his slowly refilling game shelves ;-)
    Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Love that "new" feature. Reminds me of traveling around Ultima 6. :thumbsup: Overall, this game is looking very good (has a charm all it's own) and is just one more KS game I'm looking forward to playing!

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.