Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Any examples of games with group conversations?

DefJam101

Arcane
Are you talking scripted convos (pseudo-cutscenes) or conversations with C&C? If you mean the latter, it's difficult to combine "What do you say?" gameplay with multiple characters because there is no simple question / response format to be followed.

Erzherzog

Magister
GarfunkeL said:
though come to think of it it may have been closer to SOZ, as you'd get the option to pickpocket for exemple if you had a thief in your party.

No, you had to have the thief as the party leader to get thief options.

Isn't that as easy as selecting his portrait at the convo screen though?

DefJam101 said:
Are you talking scripted convos (pseudo-cutscenes) or conversations with C&C? If you mean the latter, it's difficult to combine "What do you say?" gameplay with multiple characters because there is no simple question / response format to be followed.

conversations with c&c. With the responses in this topic I realize that what I'm looking for might require a little too much work.

denizsi

Arcane
It will probably sound like bad joke given the example but, Dragon Age employed group-talk at certain quest intervals at a minor capacity, but it altered the choices available to you. Sadly I can't remember specifics. One vague memory I have is of either Morrigan or Sten weighing into the conversation which affects either's judgement of you and the options you end up having to say to the NPC.

Teudogar: Alliance With Rome also had a such instances of group talk but I haven't even played the game past the first half. I should, and so should everyone here. It's a good game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom