Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Any Lode Runner fans here?

v01

Novice

IMO, this is a top 10 computer game franchise. Currently playing Hyper Lode Runner. Ultra hard game. Beating one level feels like you've satisfied a day's work.

Last edited:

dacencora

I played a ton of The Legend Returns as a kid. Top game for blasting a hole right before your kid brother walks over the tile, and then watching him get crushed to death by the respawning tile.

index.php

Arcane
I used to love playing the C64 version back in the day.
Loderunner_Animation.GIF

catfood

AGAIN
Is Loder Runner 2 worth checking out?
Yep. It has like 4 or 5 tilesets, all of which are really beautiful. There are a ton of very challenging puzzles. Personally I've never been able to beat it to its entirety. It has an editor and there's a decent amount of fan packs out there: http://entropymine.com/jason/lr/nr/lr2/

Also LR2 has the best credits screen of any game that I have ever played. Basically the level "screen" is actually an entire level that you have to traverse. I've never been able to beat it.

Malamert

Arcane
Edgy
I recall Lode Runner 2 having some pretty amusing death animations when enemies catch you.

Viata

Arcane
I have only played the NES/Famicom game and that shit was fucking hard, more so because you didn't have a full screen view, so a lot of enemies would kill you because you didn't see them coming off-screen. Great game, nonetheless.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
I remember playing lode runner 2 as a kid and finding it atrociously difficult.

catfood

AGAIN
I remember playing lode runner 2 as a kid and finding it atrociously difficult.
Yeah, I found it difficult too. The reason was that the game uses the numpad keys to move and at that time I couldn't grasp my head around it. I tried setting the controls to something I was familiar with but I couldn't get the hang of it. But nowadays the numpad controls make sense. I believe you can play the game with just your right hand since all the keys are on the numpad.

AndyS

Augur
I was playing the arcade version a couple of weeks ago. My expectations were modest considering I'd grown up playing the PC version but I was pleasantly surprised.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom