Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Any plans for a sequel?

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
I really enjoyed this game and felt that I got my money's worth, so any plans for a Prelude 2?

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
I was just thinking about asking the same. How are you guys doing? You mentioned before that a sequel would depend on how well Prelude would do? So how did it do?

thathmew

Zero Sum Software
Developer
There's plans for a sequel. And an expansion is kind of in the works first. But currently I'm re-writing the game engine right now. We're not moving forward on anything until I've fixed it up a bit. Going up to DirectX 9 is a taking longer than I'd hoped, but in a month or two we should have a much better looking and stable platform to more forward with.

cheers,

-mat

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
That's great news, Mat! I thought you guys might have gotten too busy with your new jobs to continue work on Prelude. It's great to hear that things are still going strong for you guys.

thathmew

Zero Sum Software
Developer
Well, I have been a little quiet of late. Jobs and outside life have been keeping the entire team fairly busy. (if you're in NYC this summer go see our lead writer Ryan in Henry V at Shakespeare in the Park for example). On my end Tilted Mill is keeping me fairly busy. In a good way. I'm psyched about what we're doing there and I've been learning a lot.
But I have been pluggin away mostly trying to stabilize the and re-work the basic engine. Like I said we're not moving forward until we have a solid base to work on I'm hoping that's in a month or two, but it could be longer.
As for specific plans...
There's 3(!) expansions that have been planned pretty much from the get-go.
one is a advanced sort of dungeon crawl that involves the misty stairs, the ancients, and resolving some loose ends of the main story. It also involves the bingoes...
One leads across the mountains to the the east and is probably the largest with the new magic system fo the VanGesh and a large, intricate city on par with the barrier or the citadel
and one explores the nature of the subterranean cavern dwellers and their society...

A lot of the content in the expansions will be added to the base game (more advanced actions from skills, new spells, monsters, ai, some NPC's etc...) and freely available.

And of course, it's all subject to change, the winds of fate, influxes of money, death from above, etc...etc...etc...
-mat

Jed

Cipher
Azael said:
Personally, I'd find it interesting to get to see more of the Vangoori.
I second that, Wetlander!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom