Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Any recommendations for good text and picture Morrowind Construction Set tutorials?

deuxhero

Arcane
I wanted to learn the TESCS and best practices when editing. What tutorials are currently recommend that are not video based.

None

Scholar
Tamriel Rebuilt has some on their site in their handbook. https://www.tamriel-rebuilt.org/tr-handbook

The modding guides are what you're looking for. If you want to develop to a "modern" standard, look at their development guidelines. And for the first time ever I'm going to suggest joining a Discord server: the Morrowind Modding Community. It is generally good and filled with most of the community's veterans who are always willing to help. https://discord.me/mwmods

deuxhero

Arcane
Problem is that's either too high level (what's a concept artist) or too low (quest design) and lots of parts are video based. Looking for how to use the CS

Morpheus Kitami

Liturgist
What is it that you want to do? Back when I was a kid I figured most of it out without any tutorials or help beyond what the construction set came with. Outside of scripting. If you just look through the already made stuff you can figure out a good deal. If there's something you don't understand that isn't scripting, I can try to help, I think I remember most of it.

None

Scholar
Problem is that's either too high level (what's a concept artist) or too low (quest design) and lots of parts are video based. Looking for how to use the CS
Well if you want something specific you're going to have to be more specific in your request. Do you want the fundamentals? How each button/tool works or what they do? What the editor can or can't do? Something more practical like how to make interiors, exteriors, or do dialogue? If it's the latter, I suggest you get started learning how to do interiors, the guides on there aren't video based and will teach you everything you need to know.

For the former you could try this: http://groskuik.free.fr/docs pour site web/morrowind/aides/mmmbiblev114.pdf
I haven't gone through it 100% but it seems rather comprehensive and covers the fundamentals as well as practical exercises.

Last edited:

deuxhero

Arcane
That link doesn't work. I would like fundamentals (I've figured out a lot just by blindly using it to look at mods and see if there was anything I missed and find what conditions are required for things, but I'm sure my knowledge is incomplete) and practical examples.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom