Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Any RPG where your choices matter?

Absinthe

Arcane
It's not quite on the level of creating two different games, since it's still the same engine and gameplay throughout, but it is two different single-player campaigns. But that's about it for the most part. Witcher series usually do try to have some C&C, but it's generally more in a self-contained way.

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
... I'm looking for a game where your choices impact heavily how the game progress, and your character is not entirely retarded (yes I hate the fact that my 40 cunning guy can't make a simple deduction, and asks and all kind of retarded questions I end up skipping most of the dialogues cause I try to roleplay my character)...

For the new page:

~Age of decadence~
Geneforge series

uhhh... hmm. Yeah. I can definitely think of some others, but these are the best of the best. I try to incorporate a lot of C&C into my games (see sig) because it's one of the best aspects of RPG games. I've been playing a lot of rogue-like tactical combat games and base building sims recently, though - Battle Brothers, Battletech w/ new 3025 mod, rimworld, dungeon crawl, etc.

On a related note, check out Nethergate. It's not that you have a lot of C&C in Nethergate, so much as you can see the story from two different perspectives. Teudogar also lets you pick different sides at the beginning, but really the game is only meant to be played as one side and is quite linear (but still a very good game).

Dedicated_Dark

Arbiter
Vampires The Masqurade: Bloodlines -self evident.

Tyranny -Choices can change your path in major ways but destination remains the same.

Pathfinder Kingmaker -Choices change your game in a number of ways enough to change your experience though the overall path is the same.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer

Darth Canoli

Arcane
Can't be a full caster class and the setting doesn't allow for techmancers yet, so naturally life as a game sucks.

You could cast a lot of models if you get the right job class and you can be an engineer too, a rocket engineer or one making toasters, that's up to you, Arcanum-style ...

There's also some perks if you roll a high charisma character with a deep pockets background.

There's only one character roll allowed though and it's an iron-man run.

NullFlow

Savant
Deus Ex remains one of my favourite choice and consequence RPGs because of how organic and unchoreographed the choices are.

Last edited:

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
15912be97a8cd07a.png

Johannes

Arcane
Mostly if you want choices, play a strategy game or something like that that has deeper systemic interactions. Or some visual novel if you want maximum branching pre-written paths. Gameplay choice and storyline choice.

Or if you insist on traditional RPGs, I suggest Geneforges.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom