Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

any technical problems?

Wolf Mittag

Wolf Mittag Software Development
Developer
So far, "Teudogar" seems to be running smoothly on a wide variety of PCs.

Or am I just missing something? Did anyone notice any technical problems not mentioned in "readme_e.txt"?

The only problem I'm currently aware of is that the '-' key seems to be ignored on (some?) U.S. keyboards (fortunately, this is relevant only for the options menu).

Anyone noticed anything else? Thanks for your reports!

Wolf Mittag

Developer
No; in order to waste less time, I've been clipping and collecting these regular spam postings in a file and am posting them to the spam-thread only every two weeks or so. Since this seems to be mechanical (always the very same collection of "I agree"-phrases), I presume it to be a spambot, and I'd certainly like it to be IP-banned. (It's always posting from the same IP, 205.134.161.78, pompom.ai.net.)

But to return to the topic, is there really nobody who has noticed any technical problems with Teudogar on their systems?

The only somewhat common problem I'm aware of seems to be screen flickering in dialog mode caused by the graphical shading algorithm; in Teudogar, this can be fixed via the options menu (graphics / dialog background: off/black); in DARGHUL, the problem shouldn't appear at all.
Under WinME, the installation routine used to have problems creating folders; this should be fixed since version 1.02.
Do the +/- keys now work on American keyboards? (e.g. in Options / Sound / Music Volume)

Anyone noticed anything else not working properly? - Thanks for your help!

Naked_Lunch

Erudite
Nope, it's been running smooth as butter for me on my system:
Pentium 4 2.0 ghz overclocked to 2.4ghz
768 RAM
40 Gig hard drive
Radeon 9600 XT 256mb

Adam P

Augur
i have been messin around a little...

I freed a slave, and gave him some equipment, instead of equipping he put it in his bag, when i gave him a fourth item, one of his cheaper items fell to the ground, this item came under the ownership, not of the freedman, nor me, but of Atto, the nearby landowner.

similarily i would give my female slave the items i found most of the time so that they would be deposited into the chests and 2 ambers came under the ownership of "someone".

I have also a continuing problem with the game, the 1st or 2nd (probably both) lines of tiles placed over the ground tiles is random typed items. Also the bottom row. I believe this is stray information, not intended to be tiles. But anything that doesnt happen to land on a used item isnt displayed. this would account for not always seeing it. It seems not to occur on the map of a new game you have to travel once before it's there. I would provide a screenshot but because of how my system runs the application they dont turn out very well. if you are unable to recreate this error i could provide you with one of my saved game files which may or may not allow you to see it. i am going to see if i cant find the information in the memory and recognize it.

Adam P

Augur
still trying to figure it out, giving me more resistance than i anticipated, i will put in more effort tommorow, but ive got an early morning ahead of me and it's bed time, good night

Wolf Mittag

Developer
Hi AdamP, thank you for this!

> ownership of things: this is a conceptual problem; the game only notes that something is someone's property, not whose property it is (that's just deducted). Don't see an easy way of fixing this.

(When you give items to your slave, she will consider them gifts to herself, so they basically become her property, and when she puts them on the ground, these objects' property-flag will be turned on. If that's in your own house, the game can't figure out who the real owner is, so it just outputs 'someone'.)

> lines of tiles, random typed items: Thanks for this detailed description! I think this bug got introduced in version 1.01 or 1.02, after I extended some data file but forgot to adjust the data array size, or something like that. This somehow got into the way of either the ground tile data or the object tile data within memory. I kept this bug with the DARGHUL-engine, where it appeared in a somewhat different way (random tiles in random locations, not just the top/bottom rows), and found and fixed it there (I think).
I can't remember if I have already fixed it within the older Teudogar code as well; but I'll make sure it'll be fixed before the next Teudogar update (which may still take a while though). (I intend to port the Teudogar game world to the newer DARGHUL engine when that is complete; at the latest that should be the end of this bug.)

Adam P

Augur
i could be mistaken, but most things i give her she puts in the chest, and i can pick it up as mine, without stealing it, it's just inconsistent, ill check it out.

-if you trade the slave item(s) for anything, they are not flagged, if you place the item on the slave they are.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom