Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Any worthwhile PC games made in China?

Aemar

Arcane
... besides Low Magic Age and perhaps Sands of Salzaar?

Just curious.

KateMicucci

Arcane
I'm surprised there isn't a CCP certified Rice harvesting simulator availabel yet that teaches children to push Western devils away from their lands.
The first chinese video game I ever heard about was about a chink woman who was famous in communist propaganda for knitting socks. The entire game was just knitting socks.

Modron

Arcane
Tale of Wuxia (just avoid the prequel since the translation is google translate level)
Ho Tu Lo Shu : The Books of Dragon (from the same people and got an okay fan translation)
Fateseeker (heard this is good and has a fan translation but I haven't picked it up yet)
Banner of Maid
My Time at Portia (if you're into those Harvest Moon type things)
Gloria Sinica: Han Xiongnu Wars (chinese made mount and blade mod is worth trying, the han faction has a nice questline, suffers a bit from chinese inferiority complex in that only 1 other faction has enough strength to really challenge it such that the sandbox is more interesting if you align with any other faction)
https://store.steampowered.com/app/688470/Han_Xiongnu_Wars/

could give the grandady of chinese rpgs a shot https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads/the-legend-of-sword-and-fairy-aka-chinese-paladin.99662/

Suicidal

Arcane
Gujian 3 is pretty good. Kinda like Witcher but with a combat system that doesn't put me to sleep.

Aemar

Arcane
Thought about Prince of Qin as well, though I wasn't sure the devs were Chinese.

Irata

Scholar
I'm surprised there isn't a CCP certified Rice harvesting simulator

I think the CCP wants to distance themselves from farming as much as possible thanks to Mao.

Konjad

⛏
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

C2C53C514E3F5537853C6512DBEB46435F77192C

66D76199C1071FC8460A0D4CBD1A4ED760281FFD

It's genuinely good action game.

Mise

Not The Best Games
Developer
Short answer: NO.
Long answer: Depends. Are you looking for a job, where you aren't paid at all but instead you dish out money in order to work for 6 hours instead of 8? If yes then China is probably the #1 maker of these jobs(they call them MMORPGS for some reason, weird name if you ask me). If not then they haven't made anything worthwhile.

Puukko

Arcane
I just played the intro to Sword and Fairy 7... it's definitely very sharp looking and seems well polished, but also surprisingly popamole. The tutorial was clearly made for people who have never played action games in their lives. Also, QTEs and a reverse chase sequence in the first 10 minutes. Eh...

The combat was made slower by the elaborate animations that couldn't be cancelled, at least that early on, and I'm not sure I like the idea of super flashy moves that are just on a cooldown with no other requirements.

I think I'll appreciate the free hard drive space more.

Modron

Arcane
Tale of Wuxia's translation to english is decent, granted the last couple content patches have not been nor will probably be translated but that might not be so bad all the recent chinese reviews since a patch a few months ago have been negative for some reason that I haven't bothered to investigate. Now Tale of Wuxia the Prequel that has a machine translation so bad you cannot understand it.

laclongquan

Arcane
I played Price of Qin 15 years ago and loved it - https://store.steampowered.com/app/1717410/Prince_of_Qin/
Prince of Qin is definitely worth trying enjoyed it quite a bit back then. Did you play Seal of Evil, I always meant to give it a proper shot but never did.

Nah I didn't unfortunately and now it's buried into a ton of stuff in the backlog
Seal of Evil made in the line of Prince of Qin, but god know why it feel tired and uninteresting compared to PoQ. Uninstalled after 2 hours.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom