Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anybody need a good animated 3D model?

MrBuzzKill

Arcane
My main job is in the mobile games industry as a 3D modeller/animator.
Here's an example of my work:
kirill-buzmakov-27-06.jpg

This is from 2019. I've been wanting to make a new asset like the one above to update my portfolio, but my current job only requires me to do low poly, not very impressive stuff. And I can't find the motivation to do it "just for myself". Just posting here in case anybody needed a mid-poly model or two modelled and textured for their game, preferrably in a realistic to semi-realistic style. Please post or PM me here or at my Artstation.

Unwanted

DoctorJew

Unwanted
just curious, how much you charge, do you accept Bitcoin or only satan's/jewish forms of payment, and if u can port objects/animations for skyrim le mesh format.

MrBuzzKill

Arcane
Finished up another model that took very long due to my mismanagement and some mistakes interpreting the concept. This is for another user, also making an RPG. Grateful for the opportunity.
This was meant to have a retro-futuristic vibe, don't know how well that comes off though. Thanks for checking it out.

oMj2wdu.jpg
wMO7kPo.jpg

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard
looks great. where do you find your inspiration for your models? for that retro futuristic space suit in particular

MrBuzzKill

Arcane
looks great. where do you find your inspiration for your models? for that retro futuristic space suit in particular
Thanks! In this case, this was done based loosely on the concept art and the overall 70s sci-fi feel around the game. I mostly looked up Alien and Star Wars references as well as some retro sci-fi book illustrations.

MrBuzzKill

Arcane
Hobgoblin is next, and for this I decided to do a concept art first so I don't have to worry about it during the 3D phase. Juggling several inspirations here but mainly was looking at the BG1-2 hobos.

wy8aH6w.jpg

MalcolmR

Literate
That owlbear looks fantastic! Have you ever considered releasing content on the asset store?

MrBuzzKill

Arcane
That owlbear looks fantastic! Have you ever considered releasing content on the asset store?
Thanks. Yeah, I should do that at some point. Part of the reason I posted this thread was to figure out what kind of stuff people might need.

puur prutswerk

Magister
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
Finished up another model that took very long due to my mismanagement and some mistakes interpreting the concept. This is for another user, also making an RPG. Grateful for the opportunity.
This was meant to have a retro-futuristic vibe, don't know how well that comes off though. Thanks for checking it out.

oMj2wdu.jpg
wMO7kPo.jpg
It nails the retro-futuristic vibe.

This is not the first time I opened this thread just to look at it so I felt I had to say something. Good job. I am slightly envious of 'another user' now and curious about his game.

RobotSquirrel

Arcane
Developer
My main job is in the mobile games industry as a 3D modeller/animator.
Amazing, can I recommend you post tri-counts as because you're a mobile developer like I was at one point so the tri counts do matter there, similarly include the texture resolution of the atlas and how many atlases.

You're very talented. I'll keep you in mind in the future.

Jack Of Owls

Arcane
Too bad you weren't around when the community created 3D models for the Doom and Duke 3D sourceports 10 years or so ago. I can't believe I did a playthrough of both those games with those models. I was a graphics whore... and then I was found (sorta, I still like The Pretty in games).

MrBuzzKill

Arcane
Progress on the Hobgoblin, screenshot from Unity. Trying to get out of my comfort zone by including some fur.

WullbOq.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom