Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview AoD locations at RPG Watch

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Tags: Age of Decadence; Iron Tower

<a href=http://www.rpgwatch.com>RPG Watch</a> posted an <a href=http://www.rpgwatch.com/show/article?articleid=64&ref=0&id=2>article</a> showing seven AoD locations:
<br>
<br>
<blockquote>The next item of interest is this "archeological" site. In the AoD world new discoveries aren't made in labs, they are dug out from ancient ruins and old battle sites. So when this ancient arc decorated by the long forgotten cuneiform symbols was discovered, it attracted many factions' attention. The arc is tied to the main quest, but it's an optional "item". You can beat the game without paying any attention to it or you can use it to influence the final events. You'd have to know how to power it up first, which requires skills and specific "how to" knowledge. </blockquote>

MountainWest

Scholar
I think it's safe to say that if you prove to be as good a developer and 'weaver of stories' as your ideas sound one by one, then AoD will be one hell of a ride.

And cudos to Ehloim (I'll never get your name right). It looks fucking awesome.

Vault Dweller

Developer
MountainWest said:
I think it's safe to say that if you prove to be as good a developer and 'weaver of stories' as your ideas sound one by one, then AoD will be one hell of a ride.
Hopefully.

User was nabbed fit

Fuck Crysis and everything else. I want to play AoD! And that's coming from an FPS fan.

TrustNo1

Scholar
I just wanted to comment on how great all of this looks. Of what read I gather that you are making a short (fallout length?) game with lots of replayability questwise. Looking forward to it.

Now is Thursday here yet? :cool:

Kos_Koa

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
The locations seems very distinctive from one another yet still hold a cohesive style. I'm definitely looking forward to exploring the world you created VD. Btw did you ever find an artist to help you with location differentiation? Are these screens the pre or post AoD locals? Just curious.

VonVentrue

Cipher
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
The environmental diversity is astounding.The game has truly come a long way since its... announcement. It not only promises to be a deep, engrossing role-playing experience, but also seems to look absolutely spectacular.

Congratulations to Oscar, he's done a wonderful job!

Twinfalls

Erudite
Lookin hawt, keep it up, keep up the work on AoD as well wayhayhayhay

Amasius

Augur
AoD? WTF is AoD? *pretending to be a casual visitor* :P

Looks great, VD surely is capable to gather talent in his little team but it was this little clause that delighted me: "the most valuable AoD loot: information. " :D

Ion Flux

Savant
Project: Eternity
Nice work peeps! It's looking really good. AoD is looking like the only future title that will have any real lasting value. Thanks for keeping us all up to speed on development too.

denizsi

Arcane
Mountain pass looks so underwhelming compared to the other places with many polygonal details. That mountain pass, it's the only one that doesn't hold up graphically. All the others are really fine.

Is some form of shading similar to phong-shading available in the engine to make the lighting differences between adjacent faces with different angles more transitional, instead of sudden brightness changes? This is especially disturbing in, again, Mountain Pass.

Elhoim

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
denizsi said:
Mountain pass looks so underwhelming compared to the other places with many polygonal details. That mountain pass, it's the only one that doesn't hold up graphically. All the others are really fine.

Is some form of shading similar to phong-shading available in the engine to make the lighting differences between adjacent faces with different angles more transitional, instead of sudden brightness changes? This is especially disturbing in, again, Mountain Pass.

Yep, I agree. Mountain pass is one of the earlier works I made, and it needs a little more love.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Wow, didn't know Elhoim was the creator of Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul...

Also, I'm hyped now. Looking forward to AoD even more than to the Witcher. If it turns out to be only half as good as it sounds, it will be a gaming experience almost as wonderful as Arcanum was, which was one of the most amazing games I ever played regarding athmosphere and roleplaying.

Keep up the good work, guys, and don't diappoint us. I also want to see some Codex gaming theory put into action there.

Amasius

Augur
JarlFrank said:
Wow, didn't know Elhoim was the creator of Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul...
Article said:
Oscar worked on several mods for Oblivion (including Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul)
I think Elhoim isn't the creator of OOO but he contributed to it.

Vault Dweller

Developer
Monolith said:
How many quests are there per town per playthrough?
Depends on what you do. Overall, there are 20-25 quests per town. I'd say that most likely you won't be able to do more 12-15, but don't call me a liar if someone finds a way to do 16.

callehe said:
Vault Dweller said:
Is it a bad thing?
it depends ;)... how big are they though? like junktown, the hub, new reno or Athkatla?
I tried to keep things small as I don't like walking from one town's end to another (traveling through BG2's city maps was a chore), so the size doesn't really matter here. It's the number of quests and the local politics that count. Still, to answer your question, one town is huge, one town is medium, and two towns are small.

Mr Happy

Scholar
The arc is tied to the main quest, but it's an optional "item". You can beat the game without paying any attention to it or you can use it to influence the final events. You'd have to know how to power it up first, which requires skills and specific "how to" knowledge.

Excellent. It always bugs me when games come up with great main-quest optional tie in quests, but then fail to really make those quests useful beyond the experience. I saw this a lot in Fallout 2 and Prelude to Darkness, in situations like the Salvatore's Enclave trade operation, and uncovering the traitorous watcher agent.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom