Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Aod News Main Thread

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Age of Decadence has been noticed again: https://www.inverse.com/article/28332-best-pc-rpgs-like-torment-tides-of-numenera

The 5 Best PC RPGs Like 'Torment: Tides of Numenera'

ApQS8oz.jpg

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Well, if a problem is reported, we'll definitely fix it, but the content and mechanics are final.

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Age of Decadence is being recommended as a great way to deal with August depression:
https://kulturalnemedia.pl/ciekawostki/gry/alternatywne-gry-na-wakacyjna-depreche/

Age of Decadence is an atmospheric and intricate role-playing RPG. However, the story is simple - centuries ago the Empire (modeled on ancient Rome) was swept away from the surface of the earth as a result of war and mysterious catastrophe. The post-apocalyptic world has become a deformed habitat of betrayal, religious fanaticism, and arguing organizations.

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
http://www.irontowerstudio.com/forum/index.php/topic,6828.msg152143.html#msg152143
AbounI said:
Sad news guys.

I won't be able to promote ITS at the "famous" site RPGFrance, as I already told Vince. After a serious shitstorm, I've been expelled from there. I asked them to erase all my posts (including those concerning ITS), but I doubt they will answer my request.
Fortunatly, former members moved to an emerging site (Loutrage.fr), and in a few time, the site be will ready to promote ITS there. Time for me to turn over a new leaf.

Stay assured it won't have any impact of the AoD's French translation on which I'm working.
salute.gif
WTF? Now I'm intrigued.

Grab the Codex by the pussy
AbounI said:
I won't be able to promote ITS at the "famous" site RPGFrance, as I already told Vince. After a serious shitstorm, I've been expelled from there. I asked them to erase all my posts (including those concerning ITS), but I doubt they will answer my request.
Fortunatly, former members moved to an emerging site (Loutrage.fr), and in a few time, the site be will ready to promote ITS there. Time for me to turn over a new leaf.

Stay assured it won't have any impact of the AoD's French translation on which I'm working.
salute.gif
New massive drama thread?

AbounI

Colonist
Patron
Hm, let's say I gave dem some honest feedback about how the staff members behave since few months, letting their site literraly decline. I was invited to make my own introspection while one moderator insulted the codex as "some elitist people", when I answered him codex is just exigent in cRPG matters.

Of course he erased his post and mine too where I was just asking if they lost their flame, why they didn't participe any more in the life of the site excepted for some shitty & mainstream news, while lesser projects didn't have any cover anymore (hello TNW), as if the site will turn as a specialized translation site, since the most active staff member has also build his own translator team which seems to be very effective and motivated (not a bad thing though, but still, it's strange he's the most active staff member here). Of course, it's a work I salute.
It was a simple warning, and two bros who did approve my post before its deletion were expelled along with me.For that, I'm sad for them.
The most fun thing is that this particular translator implied that the grass behind the curtain wasn't as green as one could think (before he auto-censored).Something tells me he will move from there in not a so long time.
So, after more than 10 years of serving, I took a backstab and a permadeath here. BTW, I'm particulary proud for having given Vince its own portal here in the dedicated forum section along with majors title. At least, I could give ITS a well deserved promotion. But now, it's over.

And, I can also tell you, concerning the Dex, that they don't hesitate to consult this "elitist place" when it a matter to post news. I can't remember how many times I gave them some infos, but without any thanks. Only for the last one I was given thanks, concerning Realms Beyond, when Peter directly PMed me to let me know about the rebirth of Chaos Chronicles. Not a real problem, but at least, it shows the state of spirit of their conductors. Another bro asked them if they will allow him to post a review, they didn't answered him, ignoring him. What a professionalism !
So, I would say this RPGF is now in decline until he totally sink.
So, it's time to turn over a new leaf, and to move at Loutrage, an emerging site composed by former RPGF members. The forum is still under construct; but when it will be open, I will have the freedom to speak about Realms Beyond, ITS and other lesser projects there that RPGF no longer want to speak of.

flofrost

Barely Literate
Yeah, it's your fault if i'm ban too !
In fact, support you was only a part of the reasons i'm ban, but it's a good thing, because i finaly come here.
I simply hope that if i make criticisms of a game someone like, he will not be content to complain and will have arguments other than "you're a frustrated white man", with the support of the moderators as a bonus ^^

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom