Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Aod News Main Thread

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
b_083048.jpg
J_C
What can you tell us about it? Unless you're Matt Burton.
Not much, since I don't buy the magazine for a long time now, neither I work there. They got AoD as a bonus game this month, that's all. I read the article of the game on their site, and it was very positive. The guy who reviewed it totally appriciated the game.

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
https://kulturalnemedia.pl/gry/kolejna-promocja-na-gog-com/

On the occasion of GOG wishlist promo games such as Ghost of a Tale and Age of Decadence have also been mentioned. This is what they said about AoD (something along those lines anyway):

RPG's connoisseurs will also be interested in Age of Decadence (-66%), which is an incredibly ambitious and difficult game. You will not find grandiose graphic effects in it, instead you'll enjoy the game over a dozen times and each time the history and gameplay will be different.

Grab the Codex by the pussy
Meanwhile, on the steam AoD community...

Fanboys of this game
Maybe someone can explain this to me.
I have written several reviews on Steam about various games, both negative and positive.
Usually they get a few votes, so I think at least some people go through a few reviews before buying a game.

Some attitude problem over here.

Goral in combat mode!

Goral said:
Why are you crying here? Oh, right, because of your IQ.

Your review has lies, untrue insinuations and inaccuracies and you're butthurt that the game isn't easy and that it's ugly even though you're claiming that you like hard games and don't care about graphics.
xD

agris

Arcane
Patron
It sounds like he was expecting a Skyrim-style game, didn't pay attention to dialogue and didn't like the fact that there are consequences for stat allocation and dialogue decisions.

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
EDIT: I must say I'm quite surprised by the reaction of the raging fanboys of this excuse of a game, both here and in the relevant forum.
After a brief scanning of other rieviews and threads, I noticed it's quite a common practice in this (fortunately small) community. The slightest form of criticism is answered with a barrage of insults and salty replies filled with rage and blind fanboy-ism.
Not really a surprise. Bad games tend to attract bad communities and this one seems to be made of teenage edgelords raging about their favorite band. Quite fitting, I must say.

EDIT 2: two weeks after this review, I'm still getting notifications of random ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ commenting with insults. I'm not getting into another debate about this trash game, so I'll just delete any offensive comment. Zero effort for maximum fanboys saltyness.
:lol:

PlanHex

Arcane
Patron
Yeah, I recently did a similar playthrough.
Here's my leaving-teron-save stats:
gm9qzDX.jpg

Did everything peacefully until it was time to leave, then pumped points in offensive skills to take out the guys next to the tavern so I could scrounge enough SP to kill Militiades' thugs.

Behold the massive endgame skillpoint penis:
9p54WNY.jpg

Could probably have done without Steal and most of the points in Traps though (don't think you need 5 to get the scroll during the palace infiltration in Teron). Also didn't use crafting for any actual crafting of armor or weapons beyond Teron.
Etiquette and trading was purely from training and not really used. Impersonate was just for the prophet in ganezzar.
Skipped out on some of the harder fights like the thugs in the Slums blocking the way to the Temple and the Demon in the tower.
Killed Thoragoth, but think I only did it using the serum and bolas.

Last edited:

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy

almondblight

Arcane
What happened to the Iron Tower Studio forums? That place used to be quite busy before AoD came out. Now AoD is out, Dungeon Rats is out, and Colony Ship is in early access - all pretty well received and with good sales - and the forums are dead.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
Totally unrelated, I just wanted to thank felipepepe for reminding of that RPS interview. It's been 15 years and I think they still don't know struck them.

agris

Arcane
Patron
What happened to the Iron Tower Studio forums? That place used to be quite busy before AoD came out. Now AoD is out, Dungeon Rats is out, and Colony Ship is in early access - all pretty well received and with good sales - and the forums are dead.
I was never more than a passerby in the ITS forums, but my hunch is that Discord mostly killed them. The hardcore fans went there.

It's a shame, discord sucks in many ways. It's more distracting for the developers, the knowledge is harder to tap into if you aren't experiencing it in real-time - it's very difficult to surface information after a discussion takes place - but it's where fan communities are today. Mostly for the worse.

Technomancer

Liturgist
We are tying to kill steam with discord now :cool:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom