Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Apocalypse Now RPG by Monty Markland - terminated with extreme prejudice!

MLMarkland

Arcane
Developer
The clever combatant imposes his will on the enemy, but does not allow the enemy’s will to be imposed on him.

Last edited:

Cael

Arcane
Alright, Champion of Woody.

Poor persecuted company.

Very sad.
What is sad is a person so attached to his own personal judgement that he feels the need to pejoratively label someone else for pointing out that his views are personal and has no standing outside of himself. Typical SJW style of "debate".

Get it through your useless thick skull, kid: I don't care if it is Woody Allen or Homer Simpson. What I do care about is you perpetuating a myth against a person based on your own prejudices and hate.

MLMarkland

Arcane
Developer
The good fighters of old first put themselves beyond the possibility of defeat, and then waited for an opportunity of defeating the enemy. To secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself. Thus the good fighter is able to secure himself against defeat, but cannot make certain of defeating the enemy.

Last edited:

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Alright, Champion of Woody.

Poor persecuted company.

Very sad.
What is sad is a person so attached to his own personal judgement that he feels the need to pejoratively label someone else for pointing out that his views are personal and has no standing outside of himself. Typical SJW style of "debate".

Get it through your useless thick skull, kid: I don't care if it is Woody Allen or Homer Simpson. What I do care about is you perpetuating a myth against a person based on your own prejudices and hate.

I think it’s hilarious that you or anyone else believes this guy has deeply held convictions about this issue. If the Kickstarter had succeeded he’d be singing a very different tune.

Cael

Arcane
I think it’s hilarious that you or anyone else believes this guy has deeply held convictions about this issue. If the Kickstarter had succeeded he’d be singing a very different tune.
I am beginning to think he has no convictions, just surfing current fads and profitting therein.

MLMarkland

Arcane
Developer
The victorious strategist only seeks battle after the victory has been won, whereas he who is destined to defeat first fights and afterwards looks for victory.

Last edited:

Cael

Arcane
We'll see. Posting on The Codex is just a warm up.
Yeah, yeah, yeah. Some kid posting vague threats on an Internet forum is something that has never happened before evah!

Go back to programming and actually come up with good shit this time instead of the runny shit you vomit up before.

MLMarkland

Arcane
Developer
In all fighting, the direct method may be used for joining battle, but indirect methods will be needed in order to secure victory. In battle, there are not more than two methods of attack – the direct and the indirect; yet these two in combination give rise to an endless series of maneuvers. The direct and the indirect lead on to each other in turn. It is like moving in a circle – you never come to an end. Who can exhaust the possibilities of their combination?

Last edited:

MLMarkland

Arcane
Developer
Whoever is first in the field and awaits the coming of the enemy, will be fresh for the fight; whoever is second in the field and has to hasten to battle will arrive exhausted.

Last edited:

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
This Cael is the most stubborn person I have seen in a while. He still tries to convince us in the Bitcoin thread that there is a company manufacturing new actual Bitcoins in chips and putting them in physical coins. And goes on to call us kindergarten when we tell him that he is an idiot.

mogwaimon

Magister
To be fair to Markland, you have to acknowledge the possibility that Woody Allen just might have the swing to grease some wheels and evade a conviction. I'm not saying that he's 100% guilty or anything but, you know, we all know Hillary is responsible for a lot of fucked up shit but she's never been legally convicted for any of it. I don't disbelieve any of Markland's accusations, really, though evidence would be nice to seal the deal, it's just that I disagree with trying to wring millions of dollars out of these people under the guise of higher morality or getting 'justice'. It just comes across as a bit disingenuous since he says he doesn't want to work with pedophiles, which is fair enough, but then he's using that to try to wring 40 million dollars of possibly dirty money out of them.

I mean do some research, use your connections to get some dirt on them and take them out of the equation, but 40 million dollars isn't going to be the "systemic" solution he believes it to be in an industry where hundreds of millions are thrown around daily.

Cael

Arcane
This Cael is the most stubborn person I have seen in a while. He still tries to convince us in the Bitcoin thread that there is a company manufacturing new actual Bitcoins in chips and putting them in physical coins. And goes on to call us kindergarten when we tell him that he is an idiot.
Don't bring your selective misrepresentation here, kid. That topic is far deeper than your little sperg about the superiority of Bitcoin over traditional currency. The stupid part of your rant is that I don't even have a position on Bitcoin. I actually tend to ignore it on the whole. You make it out as though I was trying to put a shaft in your latest anarchic "shove it to da man" orgasm.

All I did was to define it as a commodity to be traded and you went berserk.

Cael

Arcane
To be fair to Markland, you have to acknowledge the possibility that Woody Allen just might have the swing to grease some wheels and evade a conviction. I'm not saying that he's 100% guilty or anything but, you know, we all know Hillary is responsible for a lot of fucked up shit but she's never been legally convicted for any of it. I don't disbelieve any of Markland's accusations, really, though evidence would be nice to seal the deal, it's just that I disagree with trying to wring millions of dollars out of these people under the guise of higher morality or getting 'justice'. It just comes across as a bit disingenuous since he says he doesn't want to work with pedophiles, which is fair enough, but then he's using that to try to wring 40 million dollars of possibly dirty money out of them.

I mean do some research, use your connections to get some dirt on them and take them out of the equation, but 40 million dollars isn't going to be the "systemic" solution he believes it to be in an industry where hundreds of millions are thrown around daily.
It is worse than that. When you keep accusing someone of something like paedophilia even though they have been cleared of it on multiple occassions and then cynically use that accusation to fuel your attack on a company that you accuse is helping hide and protect said accused paedophile, that is really beyond the pale. It is all a construct by Markland. He made the accusation against a man, and then use that accusation in order to sue another company that has links to the man. And then he starts playing up every distorted mainstream media article that he can in order to "bolster" his case.

Basically, he is doing what SJWs do, and artificially inflate stuff until the company involve has had enough and just pay him going away money. That is just extortion by any other name.

I wonder what kinda guy would run an orphanage, in Thailand no less. Pretty weird hobby. Perhaps somebody should encourage the authorities to pay a visit to that orphanage and check the children there for traces of sexual abuse.
Considering the city he's in, I doubt the authorities care either way. Additionally, his wife is Thai-American so it was probably her idea.

Bester you were right.
Adam Heine is a pussy-whipped cuck. No wonder Colon McCuck finds him so agreeable.

He uprooted his life in USA and moved into a third world shithole, not to buy hectares of fertile land and live like a feudal lord (I have met a few whites who did so in Thirdworldia. It can turn out quite risky if you goof-up but amazing when it works), but take care of other people's abandoned children in a faraway shithole just cause his wife said so.

That or he is really interested in "taking care" of children.

Many cases of "genourous foreigner" who "takes in" children from the "goodness of their heart" have surfaced to reveal very sordid tales of horror in Thirdworldia.

Last edited:

wyes gull

Savant
Having read the whole Heart of Dexness: The Thread, there's a few things worth mentioning:
  • MLMarkland can mambo with the best of them
  • Idiot 'dexers will argue literally any position (some to the point of nervous breakdown) because don't you dare fuck up a project
  • Call me Nostradamus but I'm convinced we're still going to see someone call X-Men Apocalypse a great movie ITT
Waaaaaait, hold on a second...

mind-blown.gif

X-Men Apocalypse - directed by Brian Singer
Apocalypse Now: the Game - "directed" by MLMarkland

Coincidence? I think not!

MLMarkland

Arcane
Developer
Fighting with a large army under your command is nowise different from fighting with a small one: it is merely a question of instituting signs and signals.

Last edited:

Mustawd

Fuck AN was a great film. How did you ever think an rpg could get better than the movie? I'm serious. I mean look at this.

EDIT: Ms. August or gtfo.

Mustawd

No. I'm legit curious. Shit is canceled. want to hear his thoughts. Also, I'm not crazy anymore. If game was still on I wouldn't care anymore. It's just video games ffs.

Last edited by a moderator:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom