Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Arcanum 1024x768 Edition [Discontinued]

Excellent mod, problem I'm having though is that after about 10 minutes the scrolling speed of the game slows to a crawl. I have to save, exit and restart the game for it to smooth itself out again.

While this is happening everything else including animation speed is as normal. Its just when I press the arrow keys or move the mouse to the edge of the screen to scroll its very, very slow and choppy.

Self-Ejected

Drog Black Tooth

Self-Ejected
Noodle on the Bum said:
Excellent mod, problem I'm having though is that after about 10 minutes the scrolling speed of the game slows to a crawl. I have to save, exit and restart the game for it to smooth itself out again.
This is a video card related problem, it occurred on one of my PCs once. It was resolved by updating the video card drivers in my case. However, if that doesn't help, you can just run the game in the safe mode (use the safe mode shortcut or "-no3d" command line argument).

cynik

Novice
Drog Black Tooth said:
Pozo said:
Hey there Drog, could you give me a reply to my post on the 1st page of this topic? As I said I'll be happy to do the modification myself, but I haven't got a clue as to where to start nor the time to look for it.
OK, I made a simple mod. Here

Install the 1024x768 mod for art fixes.

Hey man, thanks for the mod, it works almost perfect on eee pc 901. One issue though - I get eyeburning blue background in upper and lower corner of the screen. How do I fix it? It would be splendid if the interface menus were centered with black background but otherwise plain black background is fine as well. Thanks again, you saved my day, one of the reasons I bought this netbook was to play arcanum in trains etc. since I don't have much free time at home :mrgreen:

BTW i see no links in your first post, is there any alternate place of download?

cynik

Novice
Drog Black Tooth said:
Pozo said:
Hey there Drog, could you give me a reply to my post on the 1st page of this topic? As I said I'll be happy to do the modification myself, but I haven't got a clue as to where to start nor the time to look for it.
OK, I made a simple mod. Here

Install the 1024x768 mod for art fixes.

Hey man, thanks for the mod, it works almost perfect on eee pc 901. One issue though - I get eyeburning blue background in upper and lower corner of the screen. How do I fix it? It would be splendid if the interface menus were centered with black background but otherwise plain black background is fine as well. Thanks again, you saved my day, one of the reasons I bought this netbook was to play arcanum in trains etc. since I don't have much free time at home :mrgreen:

BTW i see no links in your first post, is there any alternate place of download?

lordfrikk

Scholar
Drog already states the reason in the UAP topic. v81004 resolution patch .EXE doesn't contain latest engine fixes, thus some critters might be broken.

cynik

Novice
here's what my issue looks like:

arcfails.jpg

I've used this simple widescreen fix quoted in my previous post.

If only those blue rectangles would be black I wouldn't mind. I have manually changed the color in windows system.ini byt it works only for BSOD, not the game itself.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom