Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Arcanum: a more balanced XP cap remover

1eyedking

Erudite
-> Download here <-

Code:
Exponential Cap Remover v2.0
========by 1eyedking========

- Instructions:

Extract into the directory where you installed Arcanum.
(e.g.: C:\Program Files\Arcanum)

Run "arcanum50patch.exe". When asked for level cap,
insert 127 (or the maximum level you want to achieve).

Works with *all* versions.

- Description:

This is a more balanced level cap that adds experience
requirements for levels above 50 exponentially rather
than lineally.

The addition of experience between level differences
was made through exponential breaks at levels 70, 90,
110, and 125.

Example: in most cap removers, you would require about
6,600,000 experience to reach level 90, which isn't
that difficult (trust me, you can get there). With
this remover you'll need exactly 8,000,000. At level
110, you'd have needed just about  11,050,000. Now
you need a whopping 16,603,700! Stupendous!

- History:
v2.0: Now includes Alqualos' Universal Cap Remover.
v1.0: Initial release; .mes file only.

This is basically for those who are particularly resistant against less precise calculations. I'll upload the excel chart I used for it here.

xpcapeb9.png

Have fun!

Last edited:

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I remember having to edit arcanum.exe manually to change the cap from 50 to 127 because of drog's patch last time I played arcanum.

Also, is it just me or do world map encounters stop when you hit 50? Because without them, it's pretty much impossible to get much further than 55 or so.

rroyo

Novice
Yes they do. The random encounters table - WMap_RND.mes - has the maximum levels set at 50. In order for the level cap remover to be utilized fully would require editing this to the higher levels.

Dnny

Educated
This is so fucking useless. By the time you hit the cap you aren't that far from being quite the incarnation of some nameless god, unless you botched your character to the extreme. Are you the kind of people who enjoy grinding in japanese RPG just so you can get über high levels ?

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I got to 53 just doing quests on my last playthrough.

1eyedking

Erudite
rroyo said:
Yes they do. The random encounters table - WMap_RND.mes - has the maximum levels set at 50. In order for the level cap remover to be utilized fully would require editing this to the higher levels.
Supposedly there should be a MaxLevel entry for every random encounter table in that file. There isn't: any clue as to how it's calculated without said value?

Modron

Arcane
Anyone still have this?
If no one does it shouldn't be that hard to recreate from any of the other level cap removers, you can easily edit the experience levels in the xp_level.mes files with just a text editor using the quoted values as a guideline granted figuring out reasonable values after level 110 might be a bit trial and error. Hopefully 1eyedking comes back after the holidays or something been a month since he last bothered to log on.

Game always felt somewhat limited at 50 levels because if you went all autistic on it you could get to level 48 before doing any questing outside of the first town just by killing everything that came out the portal in ashbury could get you to the high 40s on combat xp alone.

Black

Arcane
Is it possible to somehow trick Arcanum into giving every new character the teleport spell?

Modron

Arcane
You could probably make a custom background that gave you enough willpower and I don't recall if you could add spell points but you might be able to been a long time the .mes files were simple enough to modify in your choice of text editor and basically all the various bonuses could be found if you read through the another one of the mes files.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom