Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Arcanum : Is it possible to open Doors by force ?

Lannister

Novice
Hello,

I have the following question:
Is it possible to open doors or chests or barrels by smashing them. I am stuck in front of the doors to the factory with the siamese skulls in Tarant. The only way i seem to be able to open them is with dynamite. However i wanted to ask:

Is there another way, cause i dont have any skill points left for picking locks in the Moment ?

Thanks in advance,
L.

Psilon

Erudite
Be warned, though, it'll turn your weapon to splinters in no time. Once that happens and you go hand-to-hand, you lose HP every time you punch a solid object. Neither you nor your party members can die from this damage, however, and your party members will quickly join in the attack.

I leave the obvious cheap strategy as an exercise for the reader.

Lannister

Novice
What is force attack ?

what is force attack ? I cannot find this button ?

Thanks in advance,
L.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Force attack means initiating an attack and usually refers to objects that wouldn't initiate attacks themselves like doors, chests, peaceful npcs, etc. All you need to do is hit attack button (I believe it's the round button with a shield symbol above the money/ammo counter), or use alt-click (according to the manual) and target something.

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
Yep, didn't know about that when I first played the game, causing me to waste precious dynamite and grenades. Guess that taught me to RTFM as the saying goes around here.

EEVIAC

Erudite
Psilon said:
Be warned, though, it'll turn your weapon to splinters in no time. Once that happens and you go hand-to-hand, you lose HP every time you punch a solid object. Neither you nor your party members can die from this damage, however, and your party members will quickly join in the attack.

I leave the obvious cheap strategy as an exercise for the reader.

Doors were pretty tough enemies in Arcanum, but did they really need 80 HP? One shot from an Elephant Gun into the locking mechanism would surely leave the door swinging around on its hinges.

Seven

Erudite
I believe you can also ALT-attack to force an attack.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom