Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Arcanum Now Compatible With Windows 7 on GOG

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Arcanum: of Steamworks and Magick Obscura; Troika Games

<p>Exactly when I thought I should make a Troika game newspost <a href="http://www.gog.com/en/news/more_games_windows_7_compatible/" target="_blank">Good Old Games announced</a> that <strong>Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura</strong> is<strong> </strong>now compatible with Windows 7.</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p><a href="http://af.gog.com/en/gamecard/arcanum_of_steamworks_and_magick_obscura?as=1649904300" target="_blank">Learn more about <strong>Arcanum</strong></a>, arguably the best RPG since Arcanum and quite possibly the best RPG ever according to Vault Dweller:</p>
<blockquote>
<p>Welcome to an industrial revolution in a world of magic! Imagine a place of wonder, where magic and technology coexist in an uneasy balance, and an adventurer might just as easily wield a revolver as a flaming sword. A place where great industrial cities house castle keeps and factories, home to Dwarves, Humans, Orcs and Elves alike. A place of arcane runes and steam-works, of magic and machines, of sorcery and science. Welcome to the land of Arcanum!<br /><br /> In this one-of-a-kind cRPG the world adapts to your decisions! Whether you choose the path of magic or technology, good or evil, characters will react differently to your character. You can finish each quest in many ways &ndash; bribing, dueling, negotiating and more! With a huge map, more than 300 unique characters and monsters, plus many different endings to unravel, this game will keep you busy for a long, long time.</p>
</blockquote>
<p>&nbsp;</p>

Last edited by a moderator:

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
...I've never had a problem running my old CD-based copy Arcanum on Windows 7. So yeah.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
Their installer hasn't been Win7 compatible until now?

What kinda fucking operation system have I been running then?!

Self-Ejected

Jack

█▓▒░
Patron
Insert Title Here
Xor said:
...I've never had a problem running my old CD-based copy Arcanum on Windows 7. So yeah.
I was just thinking the same thing.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
I think it's more about the fact that they couldn't certify yet that the game was 100% compatible with 7.

Black

Arcane
If it's not Drogg approved, I don't want it.

baronjohn

Cipher
Arcanum is also compatible with Linux and Wine. Why would you want to run that piece of shit, Windows?

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Sceptic said:
Oh yeah Chakwas :oops:

:P

You know I was thinking that for ME3, they should do like at the end of Moonraker, where Jaws and his ho float away on the space station, only with Shep and Chakwas doing the same here after sacrificing themselves to slaughter the big bad at the end of the game. Shep finally realises that old=gold and sacrifices himself for the ultimate experience....

timong

Novice
baronjohn said:
Arcanum is also compatible with Linux and Wine. Why would you want to run that piece of shit, Windows?
being a kind of 'linux advocate' tried that when got gog version. it was slow to unusable under wine. luckily i have dualboot.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
commie said:
baronjohn said:

Mass Effect 2 doesn't run on Fagnux.. :smug:

I didn't even know that and i use linux exclusevily.

Who is the fag here?

:smug:

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
:M
Enjoy your 'cinematic' experience manly hetero guy. Don't forget to try all the romances.

For the content.

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
SCO said:
:M
Enjoy your 'cinematic' experience manly hetero guy. Don't forget to try all the romances.

For the content.

Yes, I shall. Yes. I. Shall. :smug:

Wait...

ME2 cinematics?

:rage:

CrimHead

Scholar
Andyman Messiah said:
Their installer hasn't been Win7 compatible until now?

What kinda fucking operation system have I been running then?!

Since there is no chance of getting anything new from Arcanum and this is quickly devolving into just-because-you-have-not-encountered-any-bugs-does-not-mean-there-are-no-bugs-you-fucking-noob, I'm requesting that we derail the thread into the more entertaining if-you-think-there-are-too-many-fetch-quests-please-point-them-out-in-this-table-you-fucking-noob

AlaCarcuss

Arbiter
baronjohn said:

Once apon a time, I would have said the same thing.

I now think though, Windows with version 7, after what?.... 17 or so years in development, has finally reached a point where Linux no longer seems as attractive an alternative.

Unless you need your OS to be free (though I've never bought a copy of Windows in my life), run on antiquated hardware and/or just like being different, Linux simply offers no advantages over Windows 7. In fact for many people, Linux has pleanty of disadvantages.

That's not to say I don't still tinker with it from time to time, but I just don't see the point.

On Arcarnum - yeah, they (GoG) are only now getting around to certifying their games as 'Windows 7' compatible, not necessarily having to do anything to make them compatible.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
baronjohn said:
commie said:
baronjohn said:

Mass Effect 2 doesn't run on Fagnux.. :smug:
Good thing it runs on Linux then. :smug:

With issues. You just don't get the total pant creaming experience with fagnux. Chakwas doesn't look half as fuckable.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Clockwork Knight said:
Since there is no chance of getting anything new from Arcanum and this is quickly devolving into just-because-you-have-not-encountered-any-bugs-does-not-mean-there-are-no-bugs-you-fucking-noob, I'm requesting that we derail the thread into the more entertaining if-you-think-there-are-too-many-fetch-quests-please-point-them-out-in-this-table-you-fucking-noob

Arcanum does have too many fetch quests. Like the one to bring mithril to that one dude, or the one to give a guy a shoe, or the one to bring some jackass a camera, or the one where you have to find a painting...

baronjohn

Cipher
AlaCarcuss said:
I now think though, Windows with version 7, after what?.... 17 or so years in development, has finally reached a point where Linux no longer seems as attractive an alternative.
Windows 7 = Vista with better social media marketing.

AlaCarcuss said:
That's not to say I don't still tinker with it from time to time, but I just don't see the point.
That's because you're a know-nothing retard.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom