Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ArcheAge Alpha

Data4

Arcane
I'm playing it. It's pretty good so far. Starts off themeparky to introduce all the features, then turns you loose to do whatever, though I think there is a main questline that goes on through to level cap.

There's farming, trading, crafting out the wazoo, house building, castle building and sieges, ship building, piracy, PVP, a criminal trial system for gankers, an open, seamless world, all kinds of mounts and pets that will help you in battles, and probably more I can't think of at the moment.

In before "Shitty Asian mmo".

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
So I did some snooping around and the game offers Founder packs with prices of 45, 90 and 135 euros, well I think Ill just wait for open beta.

Angthoron

Arcane
Err, what exactly is the subscription model on this one? I just gave it a bit of a look and it looks rather confusing. Since you're in beta, you probably know what it'll be for EU/NA?

Data4

Arcane
F2P with optional sub. Subs come with perks like owning land. Some may not like that, but I'm thinking it's to reduce the number of squatters since house, farm, and castle-building are all in the open gameworld and not instanced. F2P players have public farms they can raise their produce and livestock on. The game is still in alpha, though. I got the Archeum Founder Pack, which is allowing me to play now. They also randomly give out alpha keys to people who've registered.

Subs will be the standard $15/mo. Not sure if there's a "box" price, but since it's F2P, I'm guessing no. Otherwise, the F2P model will be similar to Rift's. Since I don't play Rift, I don't know if that's good or bad. Personally, if I like a game well enough, I just sub. I don't like the nickel-and-diming of F2P.

Suicidal

Arcane
Playing it right now on the Russian open beta. Pretty fun game cause you can kill anyone almost anywhere and watch them rage and threaten to kill you IRL in chat.

Angthoron

Arcane
F2P with optional sub. Subs come with perks like owning land. Some may not like that, but I'm thinking it's to reduce the number of squatters since house, farm, and castle-building are all in the open gameworld and not instanced. F2P players have public farms they can raise their produce and livestock on. The game is still in alpha, though. I got the Archeum Founder Pack, which is allowing me to play now. They also randomly give out alpha keys to people who've registered.

Subs will be the standard $15/mo. Not sure if there's a "box" price, but since it's F2P, I'm guessing no. Otherwise, the F2P model will be similar to Rift's. Since I don't play Rift, I don't know if that's good or bad. Personally, if I like a game well enough, I just sub. I don't like the nickel-and-diming of F2P.
Sounds good. I was reading some confusing and conflicting info, like "pay per hour", which was just making me go "wat".

Data4

Arcane
Sounds good. I was reading some confusing and conflicting info, like "pay per hour", which was just making me go "wat".

That sounds like an Asian thing, and it wouldn't surprise me if that's how the SKorean pay model is set up. That wouldn't fly for western audiences, I don't think.

As to the question above about baking cookies, not sure if srs. I can tell you that with the metric ton of shit you can cook and make in the game, I honestly wouldn't be surprised if cookies are in it somewhere.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom