Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Archmage Rises - the play-how-you-want mage simulator - now available on Early Access

ntonystinson

Scholar
The problem is complaining about it.
The dungeon is literally disconnected with the Rest of the game. It's only there because the developer figures RPG therefore dungeon. It's totally out of sync with the game

Viata

Arcane
The problem in this case is because the developer has no fucking idea what he should be doing. That is what happens with people that has no manager, they need someone to tell them what they should be focusing. The 3D was totally unneeded and it even makes the game worse. It's not the dungeon that is out of sync, it's the dev that has no fucking idea what he should focus on.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The team is assembled:

http://www.archmagerises.com/news/2019/12/2/update-105-meet-3d-artist-emily

This week I have the privilege of introducing you to another team member on Archmage Rises: Emily! Emily comes with 4+ years of experience doing 3D art on action games shipped on PC, XBox, and Playstation. She’s been working on Archmage for a few months already, but I hadn’t introduced her yet.

The team currently working hard to bring you Archmage Rises is:
Michel - programming
Daniel - programming
Rogier - 2d/concept art
Emily - 3d art

I’m excited to have team I need to finish the game!

Henshull wastes half of the update blowing on about teaching game dev at college, has nothing to fucking do about Archmage Rises. Emily is easy on the eyes tho.

thesecret1

Arcane
Guys, guys, I have a great idea. I'll make the best RPG ever made, with everything from world simulation and choice and consequence to 3D dungeons and religion system and what not, and I'll assemble a team of teenagers to help me do it. Anyone who watches sunday morning cartoons knows that a team of teens can do anything – look at Scooby Doo, for example. I'll teach them all I know and give you regular updates on what great people they are, it's gonna be great.

Delterius

Arcane
Guys, guys, I have a great idea. I'll make the best RPG ever made, with everything from world simulation and choice and consequence to 3D dungeons and religion system and what not, and I'll assemble a team of teenagers to help me do it. Anyone who watches sunday morning cartoons knows that a team of teens can do anything – look at Scooby Doo, for example. I'll teach them all I know and give you regular updates on what great people they are, it's gonna be great.
I conquered asia when I was 16.

ntonystinson

Scholar
Well a top rated RPG/Sandbox did have lots of teenagers putting in a lot of work
For free btw . So maybe thats the new chapter in gamedev

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2

Remember all those great games you played when you were young your dad played before you were born?

Made by 18-year-old kids in their bedrooms/garages.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

http://www.archmagerises.com/news/2019/12/14/update-106-getting-close-on-3d-dungeons

I apologize for how long 3D dungeons have taken. It’s been all of 2019. Oops. But they do look nice. :)

For this last update of 2019 I show you a tiny slice of what Daniel and Michel have been working on. We’ve solved the dungeon generation performance issue and now are in the final tweaking and polishing phase. Rogier is even getting involved again by doing some concept art for Emily to model.

I started this year working alone on the game. I end with Daniel, Michel, and Emily all helping me finish this crazy indept procedurally generated living breathing world mage simulator.

Adventures are always better with friends!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year from the Archmage Rises team!

Viata

Arcane
Tbh, it's been a long time since I saw any new video that made me want to play this game. Somewhere along the way even the dev forgot what he wanted to make.

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
That's why noone appreciates the wisdom of Tynan Sylvestr - to release what you can in early early alpha and then build upon what you have with the feedback from players.

Nutria

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Yeah, even going back to Sid Meier, that's something he always emphasized. Get a playable prototype out early and build on that.

Brancaleone

Liturgist
Ok, seeing the way the situation of Archmage Rises has evolved, I'd say we need a brand new Fremdscham tag.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member

http://www.archmagerises.com/news/2020/2/1/update-107-3d-dungeon-test-build-coming

We are real close on pulling together all the 3D dungeon tech into a playable build. Before we do the full build release of the dungeons, we are going to do a test build for system performance and see how the dungeons work on your computer. We may need to do some optimizing.

These dungeons have been a long time coming. Normally I do a “year in review” update in Jan but I don’t see a point until we get a build out. So stay tuned for that.

The team is working hard to get this game done and with the quality you deserve!

ntonystinson

Scholar
http://www.archmagerises.com/news/2020/2/1/update-107-3d-dungeon-test-build-coming

We are real close on pulling together all the 3D dungeon tech into a playable build. Before we do the full build release of the dungeons, we are going to do a test build for system performance and see how the dungeons work on your computer. We may need to do some optimizing.

These dungeons have been a long time coming. Normally I do a “year in review” update in Jan but I don’t see a point until we get a build out. So stay tuned for that.

The team is working hard to get this game done and with the quality you deserve!

New year always brings in optimism

Last edited by a moderator:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom