Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Turn-Based Tactics Archrebel: Tactics - A reincarnation of the classic Rebelstar.

Ularis Badler

Arcane
Developer
This is what it looks like blasting through doors in Archrebel. The grenade launcher isn't supposed to be doing this much damage to doors; it's just like that for demonstration purposes.

Ularis Badler

Arcane
Developer
Another update showing more base appliances. I'm still not happy with some of them, but you get the idea of where I'm heading, I hope. :)

Ularis Badler

Arcane
Developer
Well, this video is probably more boring than usual, but I still wanted to share it with you all; it showcases the game's main menu with a WIP background.

Ularis Badler

Arcane
Developer
Hi, everyone! I'm sharing Archrebel's 3rd promotion video, which showcases the most relevant features developed this year. Cheers.

Ularis Badler

Arcane
Developer
Hey, everyone. I would love to hear your thoughts on this.
How do you feel about a couple of abstract mechanics for tactics games like X-Com/Laser Squad?

For example:
"There's X chance you won't consume the grenade after throwing it".

Is this something you don't mind or something that you prefer to avoid at all costs?

Naraya

Arcane
Is consuming grenades a hardcore feature?* :cool:

Answering your question - I don't have strong opinion on this but I'd rather avoid such mechanics.

*) In my mother language "to consume" almost always means "to eat".

Ularis Badler

Arcane
Developer
Yeah, I was looking into those mechanics and they didn't sit well with me as well. I already ditched the idea of such mechanics; just wanted to make sure people were on board with that idea, and if my view wasn't somewhat skewed.

Regarding the term "consume", I see the term is often used with the army, mostly regarding ammunition, or items that are consumed by other items, like ink cartridges for printers.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom