Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Are certain RPGs for the mentally deranged?

honko

Educated
Hello members of the codex. I have a cunning thesis. I happened upon by chance the other day an opportunity to play a popular codex title(pathfinder). I was playing this utter tripe for several hours. And eventually I came to a good hypothesis. That this game is enjoyed by the biggest of idiots and wierdos. There was alot of strange things. Like lizard sex. Also some other weird stuff.

Then I got to thinking of Morrowind. And some of the utter retards who enjoy this game. Imagine the man who is willing to enjoy spend his time walking around shitty brown mushrooms with so much fog. With all that terrible combat system. They must for sure have some real mental problems!.

Look at Falksi for exhibit A. He is too retarted to play Arcanum or Planescape torment. Yet he is willing to play Morrowind.

Look at Atlet for exhibit B. He is an insane degenerate and has over 15,000 lines of text talking about pathfinder WOTR in the codex discord.

What is it that makes certain people susceptable to playing these terrible games over and over? What drives them? I drive a bentley so I know what drives me.

Atlet

Arcane
Vatnik
I dont have a single line written in pathfinder discord, dumbass. I dont even use discord since a long time.

And yeah, I liked pathfinder kingmaker besides the cringe writing and kingdom management. its a very flawed game with good aspects in the in between. So what?

TheImplodingVoice

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
⠄⣾⣿⠿⠿⠶⠿⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣦⣤⣄⢀⡅⢠⣾⣛⡉⠄⠄⠄⠸⢀⣿⠄
⢀⡋⣡⣴⣶⣶⡀⠄⠄⠙⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣴⣿⣿⣿⢃⣤⣄⣀⣥⣿⣿⠄
⢸⣇⠻⣿⣿⣿⣧⣀⢀⣠⡌⢻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⠿⠿⠿⣿⣿⣿⠄
⢸⣿⣷⣤⣤⣤⣬⣙⣛⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡿⣿⣿⡍⠄⠄⢀⣤⣄⠉⠋⣰
⣖⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⢇⣿⣿⡷⠶⠶⢿⣿⣿⠇⢀⣤
⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣽⣿⣿⣿⡇⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣷⣶⣥⣴⣿⡗
⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡟⠄
⣦⣌⣛⣻⣿⣿⣧⠙⠛⠛⡭⠅⠒⠦⠭⣭⡻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡿⠃⠄
⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡆⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠹⠈⢋⣽⣿⣿⣿⣿⣵⣾⠃⠄
⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⠄⣴⣿⣶⣄⠄⣴⣶⠄⢀⣾⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⠃⠄⠄
⠈⠻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡄⢻⣿⣿⣿⠄⣿⣿⡀⣾⣿⣿⣿⣿⣛⠛⠁⠄⠄⠄
⠄⠄⠈⠛⢿⣿⣿⣿⠁⠞⢿⣿⣿⡄⢿⣿⡇⣸⣿⣿⠿⠛⠁⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄
⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠉⠻⣿⣿⣾⣦⡙⠻⣷⣾⣿⠃⠿⠋⠁⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⢀⣠⣴
⣿⣶⣶⣮⣥⣒⠲⢮⣝⡿⣿⣿⡆⣿⡿⠃⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⣠

Unwanted

†††

Patron
It's time to admit RPGs are the transsexuals of video games. Just think about it. You play and pretend you're someone you aren't. Of course it leads to mental derangement.

Unwanted

†††

Patron
There's a Codex discord, wtf? I feel left out.

:negative:

Also a genre for the blind

Screenshot from 2022-01-18 17-46-56.png

quixotic

Learned
The man who lets Morrowind, a game he despises, live rent free in his head calls everyone else deranged.
You just know he wakes up in a cold sweat every night at the thought of people actually enjoying TES3, despite it’s many flaws.

PorkaMorka

Arcane
Yes, Bioware type RPGs have an obvious appeal to the mentally deranged.

Just look at the modding community, in a normal game the modders add in new enemies or something, in Bioware games they added in new creepy new romanceable companions

Falksi

Arcane
I dont have a single line written in pathfinder discord, dumbass. I dont even use discord since a long time.

Well you used to post in there all the time before you had a mental breakdown.

a) didnt have any mental breakdown

b) didnt post there

whose alt are you faggot?

I'm guessing he's Beans00, both seem to be too poor to buy their own games.........

uAsCSWJ.png

I get the Morrowind hate now. It's more than £10 and that's way out of Honko's budget.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
Human brain is too weird. A lot of what you do in gaming is just arranging things properly, and people love it. Human race seems designed to sort stuff. Protect those lizard eggs.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom