Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Are drow inherently evil? And other D&D racial restrictions that have been loosened over the years

Aarwolf

Learned
If you were on quest to save the world from eternal darkness and you spent many nights around a campfire with the likes of the beautiful and seductive Isabella
Who?

or Viconia

Why would I want to romance her? Only weak manlets fall for her, true men kill her on sight as any sane overworld creature would do.

BruceVC

Magister
If you were on quest to save the world from eternal darkness and you spent many nights around a campfire with the likes of the beautiful and seductive Isabella
Who?

or Viconia

Why would I want to romance her? Only weak manlets fall for her, true men kill her on sight as any sane overworld creature would do.

Isabela from Dragon Age, she is a great Romance arc in DA2

Why would you kill Viconia? She is smoking hot and she can change her nefarious ways if you support her and Romance her in BG2. Also she provides the Cleric\healer role nicely in my party and I always select party members first on combat effectiveness

I just finished Oblivion and their was a Viconia adult mod that I used. It was very well done and apart from the dialogue options and side quests she was a very effective combat companion :hug:

Self-Ejected

underground nymph

I care not!
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
nefarious ways
But what are these ways btw? What ugly things did she do that player is aware of. And the answer is we know shit. The only story BG2 could have come up with is about her ‘befriending’ a fucking farmer and get ‘raped’ by him and his son, and she basically is and always was a victim. Rejected by surface dwellers poor black person bitter about cruel world. That love arc is retarded tier teenage writing with some heavy woke aspects in it.

tldr: Branwen>>>>>>>Viconia

BruceVC

Magister
nefarious ways
But what are these ways btw? What ugly things did she do that player is aware of. And the answer is we know shit. The only story BG2 could have come up with is about her ‘befriending’ a fucking farmer and get ‘raped’ by him and his son, and she basically is and always was a victim. Rejected by surface dwellers poor black person bitter about cruel world. That love arc is retarded tier teenage writing with some heavy woke aspects in it.

tldr: Branwen>>>>>>>Viconia
Her nefarious ways would be her upbringing which included sacrifices to Lolth and other general evil deeds that people who worship her are involved in

That influenced her character despite how badly she was treated but that doesnt mean she cant change or be redeemed

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
She worships Shar. Viconia is evil still. Tits don't change that. Also, only thirsty virgins think romance shouldn't involve sex. Lmao A relationship without sex is just friendship or a non southern family connection.

Aarwolf

Learned

Oh boy...

Why would you kill Viconia? She is smoking hot and she can change her nefarious ways if you support her and Romance her in BG2. Also she provides the Cleric\healer role nicely in my party and I always select party members first on combat effectiveness

You do like your women to take advantage on you, don't you? Say, one is a lying bitch who wants to steal a book making a fool of you in the process, the other one is murder loving and men hating harpy, who wants to watch men crawl under her feet. Bro, you've got strange taste in women, but I won't kink shame you.

BruceVC

Magister
She worships Shar. Viconia is evil still. Tits don't change that. Also, only thirsty virgins think romance shouldn't involve sex. Lmao A relationship without sex is just friendship or a non southern family connection.
Yes she is NE and she use to worship Lolth but once she became a Drow outcast she now worships Shar. But so what if she is evil? She was raised like that in the Underdark and then she had to survive on the surface. We can forgive her a few things and anyone can be redeemed and change

Oh boy...

You do like your women to take advantage on you, don't you? Say, one is a lying bitch who wants to steal a book making a fool of you in the process, the other one is murder loving and men hating harpy, who wants to watch men crawl under her feet. Bro, you've got strange taste in women, but I won't kink shame you.
That wasnt my overall experience with either of the ladies, I didnt feel used because the Romance worked out in the end and they were useful combat and party members

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Drow aren't born evil. It is a choice. Doubly so for Viv. She knew enough to realize drow life is shit even as a female... yet she chooses Shar another clearly evil goddess. Lmao

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
Drow aren't born evil. It is a choice. Doubly so for Viv. She knew enough to realize drow life is shit even as a female... yet she chooses Shar another clearly evil goddess. Lmao
My kind of gal.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
1656318698923.png

tl;dr: Fucking cop-out

Cael

Arcane
What did Viconia do that marks her as Evil?

BruceVC

Magister
View attachment 25627

Its an interesting perspective but I dont agree that Drow are always evil and cannot change. Their are good Drow in the FR and no baby is inherently evil, this type of behavior is inculcated in someone through their upbringing. So if a Drow baby is raised by good people it will be good

Besides Viconia is hot, we always allow exceptions for hotness :hug:

BruceVC

Magister
Small steps Volo, small steps

Remember the liberal code, we respect peoples religious choices :salute:

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
View attachment 25627

Its an interesting perspective but I dont agree that Drow are always evil and cannot change. Their are good Drow in the FR and no baby is inherently evil, this type of behavior is inculcated in someone through their upbringing. So if a Drow baby is raised by good people it will be good

DND is a setting where Evil and Good are measurable objective forces.

In 2E Drow were still considered inherently Evil because of the taint of Wendonai.

BruceVC

Magister
View attachment 25627

DND is a setting where Evil and Good are measurable objective forces.

In 2E Drow were still considered inherently Evil because of the taint of Wendonai.
So how do you explain Drow that worship the good Elven gods or good gods like Drizzt with his belief in Mielikki. He was evil and changed?

https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/wiki/Drizzt_Do'Urden

Sarathiour

Cipher
Greenwood would shamelessly insert his most depraved kink by explaining in detail how drow mother get a kick from her twin having a fight to the death inside her womb, but would backpedal the moment someone suggest drow could be inherently evil.

By the way, it's way more interesting to have someone be able to overcome his evil nature than just being a dindu nuffin who's been raised wrong, even Todd fucking Howard realized it lul.

Cael

Arcane
Greenwood would shamelessly insert his most depraved kink by explaining in detail how drow mother get a kick from her twin having a fight to the death inside her womb, but would backpedal the moment someone suggest drow could be inherently evil.

By the way, it's way more interesting to have someone be able to overcome his evil nature than just being a dindu nuffin who's been raised wrong, even Todd fucking Howard realized it lul.
Halistra Melarn and Ryld Argilth. War of the Spider Queen series.

Too bad the idiots turned Halistra into a wobbie of the worst sort.

BruceVC

Magister

Thats a good idea for any game, someone who strives to overcome their inherent or " raised lived experience " evil nature

It would make for some exciting RP in the game and general party interaction :cool:

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Drow aren't born evil.

No, they are. Their deities made then so. A good drow is an aberration, similar to how a herbivorous lion would be IRL...

no baby is inherently evil,

Disagreed. We are NOT talking about "humans with different skins". Good/Evil and Law/Chaos in D&D verse aren't merely concepts. They are COSMIC FORCES. Making an analogy with star wars, some races like sith pureblood leans towards the Dark Side. Putting the same moral relativism and "everything is cultural" bs from IRL into a fantasy game is pure :decline:

In fact, the decline started in 3E, which removed racial requirement for certain classes.

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter
Drow aren't born evil.

No, they are. Their deities made then so. A good drow is an aberration, similar to how a herbivorous lion would be IRL...

no baby is inherently evil,

Disagreed. We are NOT talking about "humans with different skins". Good/Evil and Law/Chaos in D&D verse aren't merely concepts. They are COSMIC FORCES. Making an analogy with star wars, some races like sith pureblood leans towards the Dark Side. Putting the same moral relativism and "everything is cultural" bs from IRL into a fantasy game is pure :decline:

In fact, the decline started in 3E, which removed racial requirement for certain classes.
thats-racist-racist-meme.gif

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Dude. Drow have a fukkin good goddess to worship and she has existed since nearly their beginning. Lmao I do agree that drow aren't humans but this idea that they are literal monsters with zero choice is ridiculous. FFS Driders exist as punishment for drow who dare stand up against Lloth's tenets. They're not ircs.

Harthwain

Magister
Self-fulfilling Prophecy is a thing.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom