Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Are regular brofists ever coming back?

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
DarkUnderlord Would it be possible for you to make the "Brofist" button hook into the original underlying Like/Brofist system? So pressing that button would make the post show up as Liked on Tapatalk and increase "Brofists Received".
That would make Brofists the de facto only positive rating, making the other "approval" buttons redundant.

Better to count any rating given as a brofist. Is not generating butthurt and parrots the truest measure of a BRO?

Don Peste

Arcane
Latest update on the matter:

Lt5VFn2.jpg

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Better to count any rating given as a brofist. Is not generating butthurt and parrots the truest measure of a BRO?
This, or generate separate counters for each rating. Currently this positive/neutral/negative classification with respect to ratings is pretty vague to say the least, and it could be debated indefinitely as to which category each of the rating really belongs.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
DarkUnderlord Would it be possible for you to make the "Brofist" button hook into the original underlying Like/Brofist system? So pressing that button would make the post show up as Liked on Tapatalk and increase "Brofists Received".
If ratings are back can I get my fisting privileges restored for a while?
Wanna see what ratings were added this time.

I find that being unable to brofist fosters a more sober and reflective mindset. Removal of the fisting buttons should be considered a privilege, not a punishment.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
No. Brofists were inflated into meaninglessness. This new system ensures a diverse arrange of investment options which allows brokers to spread their risk with a diversified portfolio.
And what if the ratings were made junk grade too? What then?

Can I take a short option on ratings now?

dibens

as seen on shoutbox
Patron
This new system ensures a diverse arrange of investment options which allows brokers to spread their risk with a diversified portfolio.

Sounds familiar.

http://newsroom.fb.com/news/2016/02/reactions-now-available-globally/

We’ve been listening to people and know that there should be more ways to easily and quickly express how something you see in News Feed makes you feel. That’s why today we are launching Reactions, an extension of the Like button, to give you more ways to share your reaction to a post in a quick and easy way..

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
No. Brofists were inflated into meaninglessness. This new system ensures a diverse arrange of investment options which allows brokers to spread their risk with a diversified portfolio.
And what if the ratings were made junk grade too? What then?

Can I take a short option on ratings now?
If any single rating is spammed, it's not only negated by the larger choice of ratings, but can simply mean the removal of that rating and replacement with a new and yet similar option. And all ratings can't be spammed as you can only choose one rating per post. Thus leading to the perfect system.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
If any single rating is spammed, it's not only negated by the larger choice of ratings, but can simply mean the removal of that rating and replacement with a new and yet similar option. And all ratings can't be spammed as you can only choose one rating per post. Thus leading to the perfect system.
What and how many ratings are there anyway?

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
What and how many ratings are there anyway?
Theoretically infinite.

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
It's already dubious enough for me to be hanging around this place with the insanity outside the legitimate CRPG forums. I don't like the racism and other undertones here but I just ignore/keep away from it. Nail in the coffin would be the ability for griefers to brand my posts as racist with a fucking hitler smiley.

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
It's already dubious enough for me to be hanging around this place with the insanity outside the legitimate CRPG forums. I don't like the racism and other undertones here but I just ignore/keep away from it. Nail in the coffin would be the ability for griefers to brand my posts as racist with a fucking hitler smiley.
Reported for hitlerfist harvesting.

AW8

Arcane
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I would brofist but I couldn't resist giving you a good ol' Adolf.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom