Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Are regular brofists ever coming back?

A horse of course

Oh, I didn't realize "racist" was contributing negatively to people's brahma rating. I'm not going to stop doing it though.

This new system reminds me of post-modern art. You had the beautiful classical art, which tried to be photorealistic. Later came Impressionist art, which wasn't as photorealistic, but it was still high quality stuff that really evoked emotion. This was like the old brofist system. Maybe it wasn't perfect, but it was pleasant to log in and see someone appreciate your post. But then someone decided that this simple and straightforward enjoyment is for plebs, and we must have a tiny black square on a white background, or an upside down unicycle on a stool, cause that shit pushes the art forward. Kinda like the new clown procession of brosmileys.

Caim

Arcane
Ok I'm not sure if someone else already made the same suggestion, and if they did I obviously agree and reinforce it, but here's what I have to say about this fucking clusterfuck:

I completely hate the button parade but I know a lot of people really like it and have a lot of fun with all the options, so I think it's ok if it stays. As someone who much prefers the simple and sole brofist option, I really like the latest changes that kinda brought it back but it's still very half-assed. What we need is a clearly divided 2 forms of post rating. One, at top right corner of each post, is our good 'n old brofist, and just it, like it used to be. Brofist counter also should be brought back below the messages counter. And then separated, below (just as it is now) as another form of rating, the buttons. If the overlords want to create another counter for those like the positive/negative meter, that's probably good too.

tl;dr separate the brofist from the parade and make it unique as it was before. Let the parade continue to exist and probably create a relevant counter of sorts for it too. But the main thing is, isolate the brofist. Put the little brofist icon on top right.

The brofist is not yet another option among a billion of those little shits. It's THE bro option, the bro check, it's a very intimate touch with the author of a quality post. When I brofist someone, I immediately imagine our wet balls touching and rubbing each other's. I has to be special.
I had to check the plantation to see if I had no escapees because you, sir, are my niggah.

:brodex:

Caim

Arcane
The brofists will come back. This is just temporary.
7e3.jpg

Don Peste

Arcane
You rated me butthurt because the dice rated you disagree? Wouldn't that be you being butthurt at RNG (the ultimate RPG sin)?

Sometimes when people rate my posts informative, I feel as though they are doing it sarcastically. I think we need an informative and a informative (sarcastic).

Wow, 10 shit ratings in a row from scrooge in here. That is some butthurt to the extreme.

("Old" tags go down here.)

Ok Infinitron you rate this dumb

Butthurt ? No i am just telling the truth

Ok guys, you're not understanding.

I'M STILL RECEIVING NEGATIVE RATINGS!!

You think you're fucking funny or clever? Well guess what, you're not. Rating my posts negatively is a display of your chilly room temperature IQ for all of the codex to see. Now everybody knows you're a dipshit idiot.

Every fucking time I log in, I see you jokesters rated one of my posts "prosper" or "shit" or "bad spelling" or "disagree". Well if you don't have anything nice to rate then DON'T RATE AT ALL.

Much props to those who rate my posts positively. If you rate my posts positively you're obviously a genius or at least on the right path. That said, I don't want to see ANY MORE negative ratings, ok?
Looks like people has embraced the ratings system. They like it, they care about it, everything is working as intended.

mission%20accomplished%20banner%2023423423.jpg

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
There wasn't. DU removed the feature to include quote boxes in other quote boxes from the forum, and I was one of those that suggested that the feature should be brought back. (I wasn't even the OP.)

It was brought back, but DU said that it was at the cost of posting privileges for everyone that had seconded the suggestion.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Wait, so some of you still have the button parade? On my end it's back to normal brofist status quo.
Maybe it's based on your account age.

Caim

Arcane
Wait, so some of you still have the button parade? On my end it's back to normal brofist status quo.
Maybe it's based on your account age.
Giving a brofist in the button parade works for the brofist count, but it's not brofists only for me nor can I see number of brofists per user.

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
Standard brofists will come back. Cleve will release Grimoire. Developers will stop lying on kickstarter. Everything is fine.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom