Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Are there any guyz who quit gaming entirely?

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Spending way too much time doing pretty much anything is bad. This isn't unique to games. People who binge Netflix for 50 hours a week are doing something just as bad as those who play games 50 hours a week. The "modern gaming sucks" cynicism is making you guys focus on games as a "waste of time" ignoring that everyone wastes time with something, and doing it in moderation is a-okay and completely normal. Your arguments are against addiction and sedentary lifestyles, not video games.

Vatnik Wumao
With the general lack of new titles that are of interest to me and the growing number of post-release disappointments, I do think that sooner or later I will stop being an 'active gamer' as it were, keeping track of new releases and what not.

That aside, replay classics too much and you end up with diminishing returns in terms of enjoyment and beside these you can waste time playing map painting simulators only for so long.

Wyatt_Derp

Arcane
Spending way too much time doing pretty much anything is bad. This isn't unique to games. People who binge Netflix for 50 hours a week are doing something just as bad as those who play games 50 hours a week. The "modern gaming sucks" cynicism is making you guys focus on games as a "waste of time" ignoring that everyone wastes time with something, and doing it in moderation is a-okay and completely normal. Your arguments are against addiction and sedentary lifestyles, not video games.

Modern games are shit. Doing too much of something is shit. Spending too much time playing shit games is quadruple shit with a shit cherry on top.

I'm off to get drunk and stare into the Shit-abyss.

Rate shit if you agree.

So TLDR, enjoy the classics. They'll never go away so long as our our hard drives will hold them. Just don't expect a sudden new well spring of creativity from a group of designers and developers that got lucky riding a business platform during its peak.

Again, I've already reached that conclusion and it all led to following results, games to play now:
1) Something new, fresh and awesome to be expected - now it's for me SMT5 only, maybe if Drakengard 4 or Bulletstorm 2 were annnounced but that's all. I hoped for Cyberpunk but after trailers it will obviously fail to deliver.
2) Classics - I can sunk into Street Fighter 2, Doom, UMK3 or Quake 2 for hours but if you are playing the same shit for +20 years it's just a symptome of a one dead hobby.
3) Solid 6/10-8/10 gaems - they're tons of them, almost like inifinite flow but should we waste our precious time for something very decent at most, with no hope for revolution?

You don't remember how many bad games were released during nine-ties

I remember tons of shoveware back than but it only the top notch stuff that should be counted.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom