Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Good Old Games
Donate to Codex
News Content Gallery About Donate Discord Contact
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Are we an RPG Discussion website or a Free Speech website?

Are we an RPG Discussion website or a Free Speech website?

• RPG Discussion

Votes: 223 46.0%
  • Free Speech

Votes: 250 51.5%
  • Anime is shit

Votes: 12 2.5%

• Total voters

Kalarion

Serial Ratist
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech Pathfinder: Kingmaker
I think you guys are misunderstanding what DU is proposing.

It seems to me that what he's saying is, if he's going to fight this out, he's not going to headline the fight as: "Obscure RPG Forum fights for right to say nigger". He takes that as a non-starter; no possibility of mainstream support, interested userbase not large enough/invested enough to support the fight, can't get media traction (because, if he opens up and goes guns blazing, it will be fought in the media eventually). Instead he's visualizing something along the lines of: "Free Speech forum fights for Free Speech principles (oh, btw, we have an RPG section, come take a look)". The idea is not to get rid of RPG discussion altogether. The idea is to make the principle of Free Speech the mast-head that people see when they look at the site, with RPG discussion being one of many things that happens on it.

It's a change of optics as preparation for a fight he knows would be coming if he sticks to his guns.

DarkUnderlord, if I interpreted you correctly, then I'd support you in what you propose. I've given a couple hundred dollars to the Codex itself, and another couple hundred dollars in support of various campaigns over the years, but I'd be willing to substantially change my spending habits to support you if you really want to make a fight of it. I'd also be willing to volunteer my time. I hadn't taken you as someone willing to lead a Movement, but if you decide to make a go of it, I'll get in harness for you.

I mean, not that I'd make any big difference or that this post isn't just a liiiittle try-hard :D. But I wanted to let you know that at least one person is willing to fight for this place with you (again, assuming I interpreted you correctly).

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Well i do feel for DU,it is pretty hard to run a server/forum from a fucking gulag.

why, you have more time for doing nothing in a gulag
Shitty internet connection.

Well i do feel for DU,it is pretty hard to run a server/forum from a fucking gulag.

Australia started as a prison colony, it's just returning to its roots!
Sure,but DU is some 20th century liberal fag,not a hardened criminal chav,he will get wrecked in the first week.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
What would replace the "RPG" in the sites' name though?
How about this:

1ef4d9-20161112221237_1.jpg

We should become an RPG fan site,talking about different types of RPGs and begin talking about explosion radius and accuracy stats.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
I would probably not post any more online. I'm too old and too comfy here and just the thought of having to look for something else just sounds depressive and too much work. Internet for me would just be relegated to gaming, just like the TV is only for movies.
I'll probably just go back to posting on nfohump, almost dead as it is.
Yes, some of us will fade away, quite possibly me included. This is nothing new. Yet, as long as we still have electricity, there will be basements and PCs, and as long as we have basements and PCs there will be new generations of Codexers, under that name or another. One man's monocle may be lost or broken but the spirit of bitching about video games will rise again.

Last edited:

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Sad Loser
This division would greatly benefit the people on codex who don't like to read "whining" about SJWs/political agendas in games, because they can immediately shut it down as being "off-topic" even when the developer is open about their intentions.
No it wouldn't, hands-on moderation would scare away a lot of good posters and disrupt a lot of good discussion and we're all perfectly aware. We don't want those people banned, we want them to stop perpetually whining about SJWs voluntarily :fabulouslyoptimistic:

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Now I realized why these Numenera Collector's Edition avatars haven't been implemented yet:

PWOfeyN.png
GMP603n.png
zaryPJN.png
MguBLHz.png
GeMaC1v.png
Ipx1mhT.png

They're potentially against new regulations, aren't they? Rest assured, I'll take personal legal responsibility for them, so feel free to put them into use, ok?

Top Bottom