Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Are we an RPG Discussion website or a Free Speech website?

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by DarkUnderlord, Sep 16, 2021.

?

Are we an RPG Discussion website or a Free Speech website?

1. RPG Discussion

177 vote(s)
    46.3%
  2. Free Speech

205 vote(s)
    53.7%
  1. Owlish Dumbfuck! Dumbfuck Douchebag! Village Idiot Repressed Homosexual Possibly Retarded Edgy Shitposter

Owlish

I'm Ridin' with Biden I'm Ridin' with Biden
    There are about a billion video game websites that already cater to your sensibilities.

• Brofist Brofist x 25
    • Yes Yes x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Ranselknulf Arcane Patron

Ranselknulf
    PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
    The split already exists. You can block GD and not have to see it.

Are you are complaining about stuff posted outside GD, or just that people with viewpoints you despise are discussing games?

• Brofist Brofist x 15
    ^ Top  
  3. Hobo Elf Arcane

Hobo Elf
    I find it a bit surprising to see even a few people suggest that it's OK to lock the RPG Codex and just migrate to the Watch if they remove our freedoms. The implication that the only difference between the Codex and Watch (or any other gaming forum) is that you can say naughty words and go unpunished here is a bit sad and shows how maybe some people haven't really interacted with the gaming component of this site. It certainly goes much deeper than that. Freedom to express yourself using vulgarities is all well and good, I do it myself as well, but even if you censor that part of this site it would still stand unique among all the other gaming sites. Even the Watch can't claim to have the in-depth conversations that we have on video games across multiple generations, platforms and genres.

• Brofist Brofist x 5
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Salute Salute x 1
    • (autism) (autism) x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. fantadomat Arcane Edgy Wumao

fantadomat
    A few people doesn't mean majority lol. Most people don't even know about this thread. But yeah,we do have a lot of people that come here for the political garbage and not for the game aspect.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • retadred retadred x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. Storyfag Perfidious Pole Patron

Storyfag
    Grimwulf updating his LP... oh, dreams, beautiful dreams.

:negative:

• Funny Funny x 8
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Despair Despair x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. ㅤㅤㅤ Novice

ㅤㅤㅤ
    That's a lot of words when all you are asking for is to have you and your inflamed vaxx balls watchwitzed.

• Brofist x 3
    • Funny x 2
    • Participation Award x 1
    • Edgy x 1
    • it is a mystery x 1
    • retadred x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. Atlantico unida e indivisible Patron

Atlantico
    Make the Codex Great Again!
    [​IMG]

(except your proposal goes even farther than RPG Watch with a complete disregard for privacy)

• Funny x 7
    • Brofist x 6
    • Agree x 1
    • Disagree x 1
    • FAKE NEWS x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. Humanophage Arcane

Humanophage
    Personally, I see it as a free speech website for people with good taste and real in-depth non-mainstream interests in life. Having a vivid interest in good RPGs is a filter. It typically correlates with other interests like certain films, music, etc. And also certain political views.

You have to be truly slow on the uptake to like RPGs and not see the damage inflicted on them by "the current year", the console trend, the corporate agendas, the censorship, the cancelling, the lying bottom-feeder journos, the woke who infiltrate companies with boards and taskforces, and so on. Anyone who values good RPGs must also be deeply suspicious of woke impulses in other cultural domains.

This is a complete misdiagnosis. The woke RPG websites are the leftie Anglo echo chambers with a very narrow focus. The Codex has an international audience which represents the distribution of opinions among youngish men in broader areas where people like RPGs. Sites like RPGWatch and ResetEra have a mainly Anglo audience and aggressively censor other people. Now, where are good RPGs popular - are they popular in Anglo US and the UK, or are they popular in the likes of Poland and Russia? What do you think are the prevalent opinions on wokeness in Poland and Russia - or even among white Americans? RPGCodex is the actual international website where everyone can share their views, while RPGWatch and such are parochial echo chambers.
    [​IMG]

• Brofist Brofist x 28
    • Interesting Interesting x 6
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Deus Vult Deus Vult x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. Parsimonious cook Augur Patron

Parsimonious cook
    Strap Yourselves In
    So the solution is to create a different echo chamber in which a bunch of cucks jerks each other off over their strong opinions on how removing Miranda´s ass shots from ME remake is a decisive blow against patriarchy? Yeah, no thanks. You think that Retardera has a higher "diversity of viewpoints" than Codex does? LMAO.

I wouldn’t really overestimate the current echo chamber on the Codex either. We have a huge number of cucks posting here (Morgoth being their uncrowned king), who are free to post whatever they want and many of them have post counts in thousands (how many posts could an average Codexer make on Retardera btw, I would say between 1 and 3 depending on how fast their mods are). These people could influence the general discourse on the forum much more, they don’t because they are cowards and cucks, not because a group of evil racists would shout them down or get them banned.

Dunno man, the first time I heard about the Codex was in circa 2008 on TTLG. There was this “proto-cuck” there (I am sure he grew up to be a strong BLM supporter and properly self-hating white boi since then) who at one point tried to insult people by responding to their posts with “What is your RPG Codex handle?”

Obviously I wasn’t around here back then but the reputation of the Codex seemed to be basically the same 13 years ago as it is now.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2021
    • Brofist Brofist x 24
    • Funny Funny x 2
    ^ Top  
  10. Black Arcane

Black
    On Codex I can use every word imaginable to describe Bethesda, Toddler, Hines and what they did to Fallout. I cannot do that anywhere else.

• Brofist x 10
    • Funny x 5
    • incline x 1
    • Rage x 1
    • Salute x 1
    • Makes you think... x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • Useful x 1
    • Balanced x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. Ranselknulf Arcane Patron

Ranselknulf
    PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
    I love how all the alts come out for threads like this.

If your arguments are so good, you shouldn't need to spam them across multiple accounts.

Astroturfing is gay.

• Brofist Brofist x 9
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. Darkwind Savant Patron

Darkwind
    Strap Yourselves In
    Can you blame them? So there are like, what, 3 places left on the internet you can go where the fucking thought police are not breathing down your neck and looking for CrimeThink™. And in typically lefty fashion your proposed solution, which I'm not going to repost the entirety of here is--- "Welllllll, a -little- moderation is ok on topics A, F, G, T, and Z." Because those are naughty. But that's it... Return a year later and now Topics A-M, and P through Z are thoroughly banned / verboten. Do you know how I know this? Because I have eyes and the ability to watch the trajectory of time and historical precedent.

This 'compromise' approach is how radical leftists have infiltrated every single organization in the West over the past 6 decades. You always come with an Olive Branch in one hand until you reach a critical mass of other shitlibs and wokesters. Then you terraform the place in short order turning it into Tumblr/Reddit v2.0. Fuck that noise. I've seen it happen too many times and watched it collapse other places both virtual and physical. It is old & tired and we are VERY hip to the methods now. Take your Olive Branch and find a dark place for it.

You want to start the Lefty terraforming of one of the last places left where you can hear unmoderated, unfiltered, and truly free speech. Because Muh Modern Day Sensibilities & Feelings. Nah son... as was stated above 99.5% of the internet already works like that. Find another home. Either shut the entire thing down and cave to the Woke Agenda or find a -creative- way to sidestep it as was offered earlier. You can easily move this entire domain, its public contact / holder, etc. into any number of countries & people's names were the Thought Police will have great difficulty attempting to destroy one of the last good and pure things left on the interwebz. Act Accordingly...

• Brofist Brofist x 30
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Salute Salute x 1
    • "It was Aliens" "It was Aliens" x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. fantadomat Arcane Edgy Wumao

fantadomat
    Well the best way is to just ban all the kwan retards that pollute this place with their political shit.

PS: I am surprised that a lot of people take DP that seriously lol. He is negro gay dude from california larping as a fucking conservative lol.

• Funny x 13
    • Shit x 3
    • Yes x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • (autism) x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. Atlantico unida e indivisible Patron

Atlantico
    Make the Codex Great Again!
    Yes, ban the eternal anglos

• Brofist x 5
    • Racist x 3
    • incline x 2
    • Yes x 1
    • Despair x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. Storyfag Perfidious Pole Patron

Storyfag
    Better yet, ban (((their masters))). Tough shit, we'll have to manage without T*vi.

• Funny x 12
    • "It was Aliens" x 4
    • Racist x 2
    • Brofist x 1
    • nice x 1
    • Deus Vult x 1
    • Balanced x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. fantadomat Arcane Edgy Wumao

fantadomat
    90% of all the sjws in here are kwans,the rest of kwans are just some limp dicked liberal muh taxes and muh constitution retards. The amount of quality kwan posters compared to the retards,is within the acceptable loss.

• Brofist x 3
    • Disagree x 2
    • Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 1
    • STOP! posting x 1
    • Shit x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. Twiglard Unwanted Sad Loser

Unwanted
    Some 7 years ago everyone was fine with casual racism. It's not like they forgot how to deal with it.

• Brofist Brofist x 7
    ^ Top  
  18. fantadomat Arcane Edgy Wumao

fantadomat
    More like 10.

• It's a matter of time It's a matter of time x 2
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Shit Shit x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. Ehrenmann Another obvious alt

Ehrenmann
    Why do some people here not realise that there is no such thing as restrained moderation. People out there are gonna destroy your life just for saying the n word. They don't care if Codex bans the most vile spammers. They see even the mildest case of racism and whole Codex bears the collective guilt. Solution is to transfer the ownership somewhere where it is legally doable.

People who think that we can tweak this and that rule to make it work are dreamers at best.

• Brofist x 10
    • Agree x 6
    • Funny x 1
    • rolleyes x 1
    • Disgusting! x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. Verylittlefishes Sacro Bosco Patron

Verylittlefishes
    Codex is literally the last woke-free place in the web. We are not woke, we are sleeping and having a beautiful dream about what is RPG.

• Friendly x 8
    • Brofist x 2
    • FAKE NEWS x 2
    • When words are not enough x 2
    • Yes x 1
    • it is a mystery x 1
    • :M x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. Tacgnol Shitlord Patron

Tacgnol
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    I think the bigger issue is that even if the Codex did manage to pull off a restrained moderation policy, as near impossible as that is, the line for what is acceptable under Aus defamation rules would constantly shift.

The moderation would become harsher and harsher out of the simple necessity of skirting the laws.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Brofist Brofist x 5
    • sheeeeiiiit sheeeeiiiit x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. Ed123 Arcane Patron

Ed123
    Serpent in the Staglands Wasteland 2
    None of this shit would've happened had the Prisoner of Ice LP just been updated on time.

• Funny x 9
    • Despair x 4
    • It's a matter of time x 1
    • Yes x 1
    • Grab the minigun, there are demons here to smite x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. There is no such thing as "restrained and unbiased moderation". You can see it with Rogue's "icky people" comment that she spent several days thinking about, apparently. What is this universally-accepted without discussion meaning of "icky people" that should just be banned outright? Completely different things to different people. If you ask me, DoublePenetration and BurningBridges are "icky people" who should be banned for outright demanding the purge of everyone who disagrees with current_year and their fee-fees. So, you had better hope that whatever mod is evaluating your comment for wrongthink happens to have similar political beliefs to yourself. Oh wait, they probably won't, given that the whole point of this exercise is to be in lockstep with Australian censorship laws.

Expect a slew of wokinista mods vomiting mentally ill accusations and flagrantly abusing their mod powers to the applause of lefturds, as normal people leave this place. The Nudex is an army of pink-haired demon clowns raging about drumpf and qanon, forever.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2021
    • Brofist x 13
    • Bad Spelling x 2
    • cuck x 1
    • /facepalm/ x 1
    • honk honk! x 1
    • retadred x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. fantadomat Arcane Edgy Wumao

fantadomat
    I agree,instead we should fine a way for DU to not end up in a smaller gulag than australia. After all,this whole discussion is because he is afraid,not about ideological garbage.

• Brofist Brofist x 7
    • Shit Shit x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. Ed123 Arcane Patron

Ed123
    Serpent in the Staglands Wasteland 2
    Regards of the context, it's true that there are people on this site who do nothing but start drama and cause headaches for moderation rather than contributing to the community. I don't understand why they weren't banned in the first place.

• Brofist Brofist x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Acknowledge this user's Agenda Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 1
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.