Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Are we an RPG Discussion website or a Free Speech website?

Are we an RPG Discussion website or a Free Speech website?

• RPG Discussion

Votes: 246 46.1%
  • Free Speech

Votes: 260 48.7%
  • Anime is shit

Votes: 28 5.2%

• Total voters

Oberon

Learned
Is RPGnet an RPG discussion website or a tyrannical SJW hivemind?

Archwizard Hank

Learned
I think you guys are misunderstanding what DU is proposing.

[snip]

He's either mentioned or hinted at splitting the forum multiple times throughout the poll topics and this thread, but I'm with you on this, this is a better way to go about it.

Archwizard Hank

Learned
What would replace the "RPG" in the sites' name though?

Just insert a colon. R : PGCodex, as in... Rated PG? Because we're edgier than the average site? Yeah we'd have to workshop that one. The joke is shit but on the upside the SEO would only get mildly confused

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Well i do feel for DU,it is pretty hard to run a server/forum from a fucking gulag.

why, you have more time for doing nothing in a gulag
Shitty internet connection.

Well i do feel for DU,it is pretty hard to run a server/forum from a fucking gulag.

Australia started as a prison colony, it's just returning to its roots!
Sure,but DU is some 20th century liberal fag,not a hardened criminal chav,he will get wrecked in the first week.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
What would replace the "RPG" in the sites' name though?
How about this:

1ef4d9-20161112221237_1.jpg

We should become an RPG fan site,talking about different types of RPGs and begin talking about explosion radius and accuracy stats.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I would probably not post any more online. I'm too old and too comfy here and just the thought of having to look for something else just sounds depressive and too much work. Internet for me would just be relegated to gaming, just like the TV is only for movies.
I'll probably just go back to posting on nfohump, almost dead as it is.
Yes, some of us will fade away, quite possibly me included. This is nothing new. Yet, as long as we still have electricity, there will be basements and PCs, and as long as we have basements and PCs there will be new generations of Codexers, under that name or another. One man's monocle may be lost or broken but the spirit of bitching about video games will rise again.

Last edited:

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
This division would greatly benefit the people on codex who don't like to read "whining" about SJWs/political agendas in games, because they can immediately shut it down as being "off-topic" even when the developer is open about their intentions.
No it wouldn't, hands-on moderation would scare away a lot of good posters and disrupt a lot of good discussion and we're all perfectly aware. We don't want those people banned, we want them to stop perpetually whining about SJWs voluntarily :fabulouslyoptimistic:

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Now I realized why these Numenera Collector's Edition avatars haven't been implemented yet:

PWOfeyN.png
GMP603n.png
zaryPJN.png
MguBLHz.png
GeMaC1v.png
Ipx1mhT.png

They're potentially against new regulations, aren't they? Rest assured, I'll take personal legal responsibility for them, so feel free to put them into use, ok?

gaussgunner

Arcane
If you want to be "free speech", that's fine. But you can damn well put your name next to it and stand by what you said.

And how are those crying "free speech" going to feel when I'm ordered to hand over your identifying details to law enforcement authorities? You expect me to refuse and go to jail on your behalf?

Over an RPG website?

We know that a large number of the shit-posters register with free dodgy email accounts and use proxies. Are you going to tell me they're really here to discuss RPGs?

How would you feel if I require personally identifying information in order for you to post on the Codex? Enter your credit card details here so I know who you are, just in case someone decides to play games over some shit you posted.

NO. Absolutely not. Anonymity has long been recognized as essential to freedom of expression, especially in print, moreso online where anyone with a grudge against you can simply google your name and go fishing for gotcha's. Even the most innocent wording is bound to piss off some lunatic, and simply knowing your name and general location is enough for them to harrass you at your home, workplace, etc. It happened to me and my wife a few times before I joined the Codex, and that was before GamerGate and ClownWorld and Trump. I will NEVER AGAIN use my real name on social media or forums.

But even then, that's not enough. They can come after me now. They don't have to care about you. And knowing half the shit-posters and trolls we have here, I guarantee you someone's already thinking about how much "fun" they can have with this.

We already had someone try to shut us down earlier this year.

I'm surprised you've lasted this long, considering the cuckening of Australia and NZ especially since the Tarant massacre. You people never should have given up your guns - that was the time to fight your government. Now you're being muzzled and enslaved like the Chinks.

Under GloboHomo repression, it was always a matter of time until centrally hosted sites like this would be forced into compliance by ISPs, hosts, registrars, banks, lawsuits, and criminalization of free expression. If you can't fight it, you might as well pull the plug.

Decentralization will fill the void if we still have electricity and shit, but the decline is real. There will be no place for video games or the internet when reality is a cyperpunk-going-on-medieval RPG.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom