Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Arkham Horror: Mother's Embrace releasing on March 23rd, available for preorder

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Arkham Horror: Mother's Embrace; Artefacts Studio; Asmodee Digital

Arkham Horror: Mother's Embrace, the upcoming Lovecraftian tactical RPG from Asmodee Digital and Artefacts Studio we reported about earlier this month, was scheduled to come out this quarter. As expected, it didn't take long for them to announce an exact release date. The game will be out on March 23rd, and is now available for preorder. Here's a new cinematic trailer produced for the occasion along with the accompanying press release. Watch for the Baldur's Gate spell chants!

PARIS - February 23, 2021 - Asmodee Digital, a leader in video game entertainment inspired by board games, has announced that Arkham Horror: Mother’s Embrace, the upcoming narrative-driven tactical RPG based on the award-winning Lovecraftian adventure board game, is now available for pre-order at a 20% discount on Steam, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch, at $15.99 / 15,99 €. In tandem, Asmodee Digital also announced that the game will launch on March 23, 2021 on Steam, Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch.

In a new trailer showcasing the events that set the story’s wheels in motion, Asmodee Digital gives players a glimpse of the horrors that await them in iconic locations from H.P. Lovecraft's fantastical universe.

The year is 1926, and a professor of astronomy is found dead in her mansion, the apparent victim of a heinous murder. Players must pick from 12 of the most iconic protagonists from the Arkham Horror universe, each with a unique skill set, and assemble a team of investigators to uncover the secrets behind this mysterious death.

As investigators face off against Lovecraftian horrors, they will descend deeper into the depths of madness, affecting their level of sanity and causing traumas that will impact the course of their investigation. Along with facing curious science, living nightmares and a sinister cult, players will combat an array of enemies in turn-based combat, all while attempting to retain their sanity. Developed by Artefacts Studio and featuring an original story, Arkham Horror: Mother’s Embrace plunges players into the engrossing pulp world of 1920s America to combat unseen supernatural and psychological horrors true to the Lovecraftian spirit.

Care about your sanity and make the right choices…the Ancient Ones are preparing their return. Madness begins when reality departs.

As stated, Arkham Horror is now available for preorder on Steam for $20, with a 20% discount until launch day. That's pretty cheap. Despite the fancy cinematics, this clearly isn't a big budget game.

sser

Arcane
Developer
upload_2021-2-23_18-40-22.png

hmm

I love Lovecraft but there's such an oversaturation of pseudo-Lovecraft that doesn't even touch on the strengths of the original material. I avoid games that namedrop him for that reason. This looks to be no different.

karnak

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In I helped put crap in Monomyth
I love Lovecraft but there's such an oversaturation of pseudo-Lovecraft that doesn't even touch on the strengths of the original material. I avoid games that namedrop him for that reason. This looks to be no different.
To this day it seems that people still think that lovecraftian horror = big, ugly monsters with tentacles who want to eat the world and can't really grasp what the guy (conscious or subconscioulsy) was implying on his stories. I guess most of the "blame" relies on the CoC RPG and the fact that he didn't live long enough to write more stories and explore more themes.
In fact I think that the works who do his ideas more justice are precisely the ones which never reference any of his Mythos.

Red Hexapus

Learned
"Asmodee Digital, a leader in video game entertainment inspired by board games" - this sentence made me chuckle like that dog from Wacky Races. Maybe "the leader" in how many board games they push to digital, but the quality is lacking to say the least. Just check "Terraforming Mars" or "Scythe" discussion hubs on Steam, to see the problem. And don't even start me on Asmodee proper xD

This is super bizarre - just watched the movie three days ago... I would recommend another movie starring Sam Neill, which nails the Cosmic Horror perfectly:

Jrpgfan

Erudite
Thought I'd have wasted 1 min of my life clicking once again on a shitty game release news thread but the movie recommendations made it worth my while. Thanks.

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Wow pre-order! Wow 20% off! Such epic NEWS! Totally not shill spam for a shit game, this is peak journalism in fact.

*Zio-Zed slam dunks!*

Tomas

Educated
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Lol I was wondering where that came from. Overall I am intrigued: like the setting and have enjoyed the board games but will wait for a review before deciding.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom