Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ARMA 3

zwanzig_zwoelf

Got a look at it. It seems that this alpha version is less buggy and runs better than the release version of Gaea Mission.
Going to pick it up again once I upgrade my GPU.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Yeah the updates are coming out almost daily (excluding weekends). They are really polishing it. Best part is that nothing is finished (as in - you can whine and they do listen) and they add new stuff.

With AllInArmA mod you can now play with all content from ArmA1, ArmA2 and Take On Helicopters incl. many user mods except for DLCs (encrypted) and infantry models (which crash ArmA3 due to new animation skeleton in the latter). AllInArmA replaces the infantry with A3 models though so it's fine.

Chernarus on ArmA3's engine looks seriously good.

zwanzig_zwoelf

Yeah the updates are coming out almost daily (excluding weekends). They are really polishing it. Best part is that nothing is finished (as in - you can whine and they do listen) and they add new stuff.
I hope they didn't fix the bug that sent soldiers in space?

thesoup

Arcane
How did this get back to page 2? Unacceptabru.:rpgcodex:

Been playing with 4channers. Aside from the occasional sperger, it's fun. Installed a shitload of mods as well.

Some quality BIS programming screenies:
GLLO3IS.jpg

1cyIvO6.jpg

Data4

Arcane
Whole vidya is pretty cool, but if you don't have time, go to 54:00 for the Oh Shit sequence.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Yesterday's update brought improved sound system. It's really cool. No more abrupt disappearing of the sound in the distance, pinpointing units firing from afar is harder now since sound disappears over distance a lot smoother using a curve, weapon sounds were also improved, if the amount of sound sources goes over the limit of sounds set in options there's no more sound crackling. And AR MX variant now sports a detracted bipod which hints at deployable weapons coming soon.

Unfortunately this update breaks the rest of the game (half of the sounds are missing as well as some objects and missions are bugged because of it) because new sound system config is in progress.

CreamyBlood

Arcane
Yes, those updates. Fixed some of my missions, quite happy.

I have three, made for groups of 2-6 people. One is a night mission and nobody gets goggles, dead at night. Creepy, crawly, stealth.

Second is scuba, ship wrecks, helicopters and gang bangers, plus enemy military.

Third is the lighthouse mission, but is actually kind of fun.

Fourth is for mod guy, I'm using vanilla, and they are tactical. Especially the lighthouse mission, had to dumb it down for myself, not even you.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Bohemia Interactive said:
Unlimited saves will be disabled for all difficulties except "Recruit". This means you'll have only one save slot per mission, which you cannot overwrite. It should motivate you not to be reckless and stimulate you to plan your every step. Scenario designers should take this into consideration and balance their scenarios appropriately; offering automatic checkpoints and tweaking enemy strength is a good place to start. We hope to expand upon this decision in a blog post at a later date.

http://alpha.arma3.com/sitrep-00012

:bro:

Bonus: on Friday sniper models and sniper rifles will be added, as well as a portable rangefinder.

Data4

Arcane
In the same boat as Konjad with school shit, but once that's done. I'm game.

Fair bit of warning, however...

I suck. Maybe playing MP with you guys will help me get better.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
In the same boat as Konjad with school shit, but once that's done. I'm game.

Fair bit of warning, however...

I suck. Maybe playing MP with you guys will help me get better.

So do I. I'm likely just going to get Skyway to yell at me the whole time.

thesoup

Arcane
Links

My Arma 3 folder thus looks like this:
http://gyazo.com/05163fa1e695f3d3e399a914e2a393aa.png

Oh and then there's this .bat through which I launch the game with all the mods. You can use it too. Just make a shortcut on you desktrop after you've extracted the file into your a3 folder. Also edit it so you can write your own number of cores and ram. Should be easy to spot without me explaining.
http://www.sendspace.com/file/y8y2zd

CreamyBlood

Arcane
Okay, thanks. That makes it super simple.

Except that I get 'Connection Closed by the Remote Server' on the Content Pack.

CreamyBlood

Arcane
Yeah, worked on FF, not Opera though. Didn't ask me where to save it either until the GB was downloaded. A bit of wankery at that site. System still seems to be clean though.

potatojohn

Arcane
Arma.Tactics.THD.v1.1912-Tabx0r

android only :D

Still probably has more gameplay than the PC shit.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom