Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ARMA 3

MetalCraze

Arcane
Was meant to post this in CDS thread lul

Shit.

I guess I had one too many indeed

AstroZombie

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin
3D SCOPES!

untitled-1wcua4.gif

MetalCraze

Arcane
Bro now film the same when you are on your belly

Also you are a giant faggot for using 3rd person and is a cancer that is killing ArmA

AstroZombie

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin
This faggot is angry because the DayZ fad is over, and it aint coming back. No more cash cow fantasies for him, and his toxic staff :incline:

You're quite wrong, I'm afraid. Even that shittier rip-off managed to sell 1 million copies, they'll be rolling in dough as soon as this garbage launches.

CreamyBlood

Arcane
Don't we already have a DayZ thread here? It died a year ago, in August 2012 when the morons learned how to make basic scripts in the A2 engine. Maybe rocket will build a game by December 2012, we'll see.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
Which ArmA 3 SP missions are worth downloading? My internet connection is a bit flaky at the moment so MP is out, but I'd like to play some ArmA3 seeing as I haven't played it in more than two months.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Which ArmA 3 SP missions are worth downloading? My internet connection is a bit flaky at the moment so MP is out, but I'd like to play some ArmA3 seeing as I haven't played it in more than two months.
beta comes in 2 or 3 days, better wait for it anyway

CreamyBlood

Arcane
As anyone that's interested in this stuff already knows, the Beta came out the other night. I was making my own mission to test everything out but Jester made a video and a mission. Here's a quick look at some of the new stuff.

Too bad about the new machine gun not having any kickback, seems cheesy.

The mission file (goes in your x:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\MPMissions directory)

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/11546627/A3 Missions/Jesters_Beta_Showcase.Stratis.pbo.7z

CreamyBlood

Arcane
Can the AI cross bridges yet?

Sort of. I planned on doing a convoy mission and decided to test. The vehicles do okay although they sometimes get 'confused' trying to navigate through Agia Marina (the only place I could find any bridges). They seem to cross the bridges without issue.

The infantry tend to only cross one or two at a time and sometimes clump up at the beginning of the bridge. I couldn't get them to march across in a staggered column. Once a guy stopped almost after getting to the other side and started spinning in circles indefinitely, preventing everyone behind him from getting over.

I'd say it still needs work.

CreamyBlood

Arcane
Now that we're all on a (possibly) clean vanilla beta install, I thought I'd post some links to the very few mods that should be installed if playing CDS. You don't technically need them to play with us but I consider them 'essential'. Namely, CBA, Shacktack Hud and ACRE.

I liked the content pack that thesoup posted earlier but who knows what versions of what it's installing at this point. I can't find a new version so these need to be installed individually.

==========
CBA
==========

CBA is used by other mods, so how it works or what it does isn't important unless you're a mod creator. At this time it's CBA v4 for the the Arma 3 Beta but that will change in the future.

Direct Download from dev-heaven.net:

https://dev-heaven.net/attachments/download/20793/CBA_A3_beta4.7z

BIS Forums Page if you're interested in updates, etc:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthre...ARMA-3-Alpha&p=2422849&viewfull=1#post2422849

Installation:
---------------

Unzip with 7zip or whatever and copy the @CBA_A3 into your Arma 3 directory:

x:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3

If you already have an older @CBA_A3 folder in there, delete it first. Should look something like this:

1702988-9IAAB6K.jpg
http://

Go to your Steam Library and right click "Arma 3 Beta". Then Properties->SET LAUNCH OPTIONS... and add:

-mod=@CBA_A3

1703005-JR7ACNT.jpg

I like to add -nosplash -world=empty to speed up loading the game.

If you don't want to use LAUNCH OPTIONS or a .BAT file you can enable it in-game from Options->Expansions.

Verify:
---------

When you load the game you should see the CBA icon under the Info Box in the top-right corner and a version number in the bottom-right:

1703024-NEARUZ5.jpg
http://sadpanda.us/images/1703024-NEARUZ5.jpg

======================
ShackTac HUD (STHUD)
======================

This is used for orientating with your fire team members. Here is a video on how it works:

Direct Download from dev-heaven.net:

https://dev-heaven.net/attachments/download/20270/130307_sthud_a3_v1.7z

Installation:
--------------

Unzip with 7zip or whatever and copy the @sthud folder into your Arma 3 directory:

If you already have an older @sthud folder in there, delete it first. Should look something like this:

1703092-VUA47BR.jpg
http://sadpanda.us/

Go to your Steam Library and right click "Arma 3 Beta". Then Properties->SET LAUNCH OPTIONS... and add:

-mod=@sthud

Verify:
--------

I don't see anything on my load screen showing it's there but go to:

PLAY->SHOWCASES->INFANTRY

Once the game starts you should see this in the bottom middle of your screen:

1703129-S3OWMM6.jpg

==================
TEAMSPEAK 3
==================

Most people should know what it is, we need it to use ACRE (next section). Make sure you have this installed and configured properly before installing ACRE.

Download and install the appropriate client for you machine:

http://www.teamspeak.com/?page=downloads

Verify and configure that it works. There's plenty of guides out there, here is one of them:

Just make sure your mic and speakers are working. If you don't have a mic you can use in-game chat but it makes you a lot less effective as a player. Buy a $4 microphone if you have to.

=================
ACRE
=================

Advanced Combat Radio Environment (ACRE) allows players to communicate over several types of radios on different channels. This isn't officially supported on Arma 3 yet but works for some people.

WILL ADD NEW POST WHEN I VERIFY IT'S WORKING

Here is a tutorial on how to use it:

If you have CBA v4 installed (above) then this version will probably work for you.

Direct Download:

http://raceriv.com/arma2/acre/ACRE_V1.4.10.500.zip

Installation:
---------------

(I'll be brief here as I'm not sure it works for sure at this time)

Unzip with 7zip or whatever and copy the @ACRE @JayArma2Lib Keys and userconfig folders into your Arma 3 directory:

Add this to your steam LAUNCH options : -mod=@ACRE -mod=@JayArmA2Lib

Copy the DLL (32 or 64bit) into your teamspeak\plugins folder.

That should do it. But I haven't tested yet. If you can connect to a Teamspeak 3 server then you can load up the game and if you get the error "can't connect to TS Server" then it isn't working. But I don't have that error so we'll see.

thesoup

Arcane
Btw you don't have to add shit to your launch options. You can enable all mods via ingame options -> expansions.
I'll post some other mods I'd recommend later.

CreamyBlood

Arcane
Yes, I mentioned that already. I prefer batch files myself to keep the vanilla clean as in Arma 2 at least, if you accidentally start making missions with mods enabled they'll be dependent on them for anyone who joins your server even if they aren't used.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom