Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

armor and weapon modifications

Mathalor

Educated
I'm confused at what some of these do.

Armor:

quickness
nimbleness
agility
stamina
""block

weapon:
speed

upcoming:
hunter, precise, warning, berserker

Could someone tell me what these do?

Mathalor

Educated
Some are listed, some are not.

Useful links though, thank you.

hunter, precise, berserker, there's a trident of warning but it detects aquatic predators and I'd be surprised if that applies to this game.

Actually, speed is on that website and nothing else from my list.

Last edited:

Mathalor

Educated
Like the feat? Maybe it's supposed to be, I just see entries for the vanilla enchantments.

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Oh right, it will only be there next version. Sorry about that.
Warning looks a bit odd though, it gives +4 initative but I wasn't able to find it anywhere except 5ed.
Otherwise you should be able to find everything on dndtools.org.

Mathalor

Educated
Probably. I poked around the internet and found entries for nimbleness and quickness. Nimbleness tracks with what I see in game, at least the max dex increase. Quickness said it increases movement speed but by only 5 ft. not sure I can tell the difference in game.

Axeblock etc gives conditional damage reduction, I'm sure I can test how much.

Fire resist gives fire resist, obviously. I'm not sure how much or whether it's worth it over resist energy. I'm sure I can test that too.

I can't find internet entries for agility, stamina, or the four upcoming enchants. Also not sure that the internet and the game effects are the same. Sometimes I look things up on the internet and find someone's homebrew stuff and don't realize it. I tried out a swashbuckler in game and was very disappointed when she couldn't force a monster to attack her, have bonus fighter feats, and sneak attack dice, and free attacks with firearms. heh.

Mathalor

Educated
Another useful link, thank you.

I'm on dndtools, looking under items - magic items.

I found an entry for agility, for speed, and for axeblock (etc), but not the others.

If agility is a +1 resist bonus to reflex, I'm guessing stamina is the same but for fortitude. I think I understand everything that's currently implemented, and warding (again, thank you).

What does hunting, berserking, and precise do?

Endarire

Scholar
Warning (+1 mod for +5 initiative) is from Magic Item Compendium 46.

Endarire

Scholar
dechlog
"Mean" is likely an overstatement. They've likely been picky regarding me because we've had differing playstyles: I've generally preferred high optimization. They've also likely been picky because they've contributed more to Co8's modding scene than me, while I have offered many suggestions.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom