Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Armored Core VI: Fires of Rubicon

jaekl

Educated
Patron
Finally tried this. My aging computer struggles a bit, but it's more or less fluid. The first boss, the fucking helicopter, as expected exposes the camera having trouble tracking enemies. I know I can sword it to death, but sometimes hits don't seem to connect when they should, and I believe you should be able to destroy the missile launchers but it doesn't seem to be possible, or perhaps it is, I'll experiment further. Still, it indeed feels very Dark Souls-y compared to previous AC games.
Don't worry about that part, it has nothing to do with this game, just bear with the retardation and then Armored Core 6 will start afterwards. I believe it's there to kill youtube and twitch sensations so they make a dumb face and yell at the camera, which is part of the marketing strategy for video games in these troubled times. Either that or they put a different game in the prologue accidentally and are too embarrassed to admit it.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Finally tried this. My aging computer struggles a bit, but it's more or less fluid. The first boss, the fucking helicopter, as expected exposes the camera having trouble tracking enemies. I know I can sword it to death, but sometimes hits don't seem to connect when they should, and I believe you should be able to destroy the missile launchers but it doesn't seem to be possible, or perhaps it is, I'll experiment further. Still, it indeed feels very Dark Souls-y compared to previous AC games.

Souls stuff is overestated. There's like half a dozen boss fights or something like that with telegraphed attacks compared to a gazillion of AC encounters, and some of those bosses feel like glorified ACs to begin with (Ibis, Ayre etc).

Helicopter is also the jankiest one of all, because they shoved it in a tiny arena and it has a tendency to go out of bounds. There's a mission later on where you meet the thing again in a wide open space and i wouldn't be shocked if it wasn't originally designed for this mission first. In the mission in question you have ACs shooting long distance lasers at you while the helicopter just makes long dinstance sweeps and it feels its movements make more sense in a much wider area.

I heard some people say some of the other bosses can go out of bounds but i never saw it. Only tutorial boss did that to me.

Last edited:

Mojobeard

Augur
The helicopter is there to make you realize to use your entire arsenal, and to learn how to watch your energy usage when boosting and hovering, and stagger meter, and when to heal, why your shots aren't doing damage from far away, etc. EVERYTHING.
It probably also makes you think of things like "I'd like to be tankier, I'd like just one more of X type of weapon, I'd like to be faster, I'd like to hover for a longer time".
Like Gascoigne, like Gundyr, etc, they're an introduction to the speed and mechanics of the game. It's a formula that works.

Is it jankier than I'd like? Sure, but it's genius to have that boss there.

jaekl

Educated
Patron
Oh shoot one quick follow up q: why did they add the tutorial missions right after the genius helicopter to re-teach us what we already learned because it was so genius?

Mojobeard

Augur
Oh shoot one quick follow up q: why did they add the tutorial missions right after the genius helicopter to re-teach us what we already learned because it was so genius?
They were made just for you specifically

jaekl

Educated
Patron
They were made just for you specifically
Well they were useless to me, just like the helicopter, I went through those with one hand while texting on my phone with the other. It's an insult to even try and teach something so basic to a seasoned gamer such as myself, you'd think these "geniuses" would know that by now.

Crayll

Liturgist
Parts balancing patch. The meta trio (Zimmerman, Songbirds, Stun Needle Launcher) got nerfed, along with a few more minor nerfs to some other weapons. Lots of underused weapons got buffs along with some frame part adjustments.

TedNugent

Arcane
Yooj balance patch, virtually everything touched.

https://en.bandainamcoent.eu/armore...re-vi-fires-of-rubicon-regulation-update-1031

Cliff notes

Missiles buffed
Bazookas buffed
Shotguns nerfed
generic bipeds buffed
quad legs nerfed
Wheelchair nerfed
needle guns nerfed
Recoil control buffed across the board
System recovery buffed across the board (anti stun)
Lots of boosters upward thrust buffed
Attitude recovery better on lighter ACs
Some nerfs to assault boost, heavier ACs are slower

Last edited:

Correct_Carlo

Arcane
I have all achievements except the S Rank one. Don't know if I want to bother, but I'm kind of torn. It doesn't take that long to S Rank most levels, but some can be annoying.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom