Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Armored Core VI: Fires of Rubicon

Self-Ejected

Dadd

Self-Ejected
mech game still need some flesh in its gameplay~ Particularly, female flesh~
So an Evangelion style game?

somerandomdude

Learned
Can someone with experience with the series describe what the game feel is like, and how is it structured?

Are we talking linear action game with hefty feeling combat? What are your expectations for this new iteration. I'm excited in being completely new to this :)
It's an action based game with a ton of loadout and customization options. Choices like running extra defenses, or extra armaments, running a mobile frame, or a tankier frame.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
I don't think any of the original AC staff still works for FromSoft and it's obvious based on their previous entries that they didn't really get what made them tick.
One of the 'original AC staff' directed Left Alive.

You're welcome.
Don't forget Daemon X Machina which sucked. And AC2 was my favorite one.. Maybe mecha is just cursed.

lightbane

Arcane
Finally! Now I hope my PC is good enough to run this. And that it's not just Dark Souls with mecha.

BlackGoat

Arbiter
Hidetaka Miyazaki will be involved as the Initial Game Director. Based on the initial development, Masaru Yamamura has taken over as Director.
Nice, Yamamura was the lead designer on Sekiro

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
1670560148725614.jpg

laclongquan

Arcane
mech game still need some flesh in its gameplay~ Particularly, female flesh~
So an Evangelion style game?
Which part of Evangelion is flessssssh? All thin twig and flat chopping boards~In term of mech game, Eva is no go~

This one is good mech, is fine, no need to fix that part. Just add some more flesh.

The problem of mech games is they think just metal, circuit, guns, is fine~ Which is why mech games are always niche games. Add some flesh part in term of human pilots (face, quest, avatar, full body visual) and it can go far.

But they wont add that part. There is something baked into the bones of those mech marketing guys is that just machines is fine, is enough to attract gamers~ But in actual fact they are not enough. so they can only attract the weirdos that think just those parts is fine... turn out the weirdos are minorities~

BlackGoat

Arbiter
No, he indicates as much in the vid. He only has footage from For Answer (probably cause he googled it and that's the one people say is the most Miyazaki-ish), and he emulates it poorly so there's wack textures all over his AC

NzgarQE.png

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
*cough* FromSoft games before Demon's Souls suck balls and Sekiro is a strictly inferior game to their Soulslikes.*

* To be fair, I never played King's Field, so it's possible that could change my mind. I have tried and watched a friend play Eternal Ring though and that was ass. I'd heard Eternal Ring is kinda-sorta related in style to KF, so if that's true...

Last edited:

Late Bloomer

Scholar
Copies sold

Dark Souls 3 - 10 Million
Sekiro - 5 Million
Elden Ring - 17.5 Million

I am curious as to how well a mech game can sell. Any predictions?

Self-Ejected

Dadd

Self-Ejected
Way too little information to tell right now

mediocrepoet

Patron
Copies sold

Dark Souls 3 - 10 Million
Sekiro - 5 Million
Elden Ring - 17.5 Million

I am curious as to how well a mech game can sell. Any predictions?
I don't have a number in mind because it is a departure from the dark fantasy of Souls/ER, but I think it will do fairly well given From's general exposure these days.

I think it will depend though on what the systems end up being, like is it basically a fairly pure action game like Sekiro, or does it have customization mechanics like Souls? Also, what the relative popularity is of mechs vs. a dark take on Japanese mythology. I suspect that mechs are more popular, but that's even more of an asspull than the other things I'm guessing.

Matador

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Watch how soulsfags pretend to be lifelong Armored Core fans now.
Well it didn't take long:

Did this shameless shill even play a single Armored Core title? I strongly doubt it.

Let's keep this thread clean of Vaati, please.
Watch how soulsfags pretend to be lifelong Armored Core fans now.

I'm actually watching all the AC fags pretending this series is actually prestigious.

Bitch, talk to me when they make a new King's Field.
And Elden Retards.

Last edited:

mediocrepoet

Patron
Has From indicated anywhere what this game will actually be like? I haven't played any of them, but even if I had, it's been 17 years(!) since the last one was released and will be 18+ by the time this comes out, so... I think it's fair to say that the main resemblance will probably be the title and that there are mechs in it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom