Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Armored Core VI: Fires of Rubicon

Self-Ejected

Dadd

Self-Ejected
But no, it doesn't matter. Unless you have that person personally in your life, who fucking cares. Depending on how much it isn't like their Dark Souls stuff it could even be funny seeing people going in expecting Dark Souls.
Souls fans who couldn't stop talking about about how difficult and punishing Souls games were memed the difficulty into existence. So in Elden Ring, the enemies got unintuitive, staggered attack patterns, unrealistic tracking, and so on. Early Souls games were not difficult, only they required patience picking apart your enemies. So, these people's opinions matter.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
You could side dash in AC1. One useful tactic to fight other mechs was to dash your way in and swipe them with the moonlight swords at point blank range. If the series begun focusing heavily on PvP it's not surpring that they made everything faster. Have you tried playing a modern shooter online with slow run speed? It's a fucking nightmare.

You could side dash in AC1. One useful tactic to fight other mechs was to dash your way in and swipe them with the moonlight swords at point blank range. If the series begun focusing heavily on PvP it's not surpring that they made everything faster. Have you tried playing a modern shooter online with slow run speed? It's a fucking nightmare.

I haven't played the first Armored Core since the demo, (I'm not sure I played the first full game anyways, but I do remember that demo) so it's been a while, but I don't think you have a side dash in that game like I'm talking about. You have a booster, and you can move to the side while using it, but Quick Boost didn't get introduced until Armored Core 4, and Quick Boost acts like an actual dash. You look up Armored Core 4 Quick Boost on YouTube and you'll see a handful of videos showing it off...if do look at them you might want to turn the volume off for some.

agentorange

Arcane
Patron
rpghq (cant read codex pms cuz of fag 2fa)
Codex 2012

I haven't played the first Armored Core since the demo, (I'm not sure I played the first full game anyways, but I do remember that demo) so it's been a while, but I don't think you have a side dash in that game like I'm talking about. You have a booster, and you can move to the side while using it, but Quick Boost didn't get introduced until Armored Core 4, and Quick Boost acts like an actual dash. You look up Armored Core 4 Quick Boost on YouTube and you'll see a handful of videos showing it off...if do look at them you might want to turn the volume off for some.
You had boosters and strafing so you could quickly move to the side, which is what I assume Lryice Suite is talking about, but yeah there was definitely no sort of dedicated mechanic for quick boosting or quick dodge/dashing in the original Armored Core.

https://armoredcore.fandom.com/wiki/Quick_Boost

This is what I mean when I'm talking about stuff like quick boost/side dodging.

DeepOcean

Arcane
1670560148725614.jpg
I watched footage of Armored Core 1 to Verdict Day and I got the impression there is a big chasm between the games up to Last Raven and the later titles, Armored Core 4 and 5, I liked the gameplay I saw much more on the earlier titles, the later titles, they seem like they are going for this Gundam animu thing with you zipping around nonstop and your mech having zero weight that I really, really dont enjoy and it seems they were more balanced on the earlier titles, it was my impression, am I wrong?

Thinking of starting with Armored Core 2 and then Nexus up to Last Raven that seem to be the biggest inclines and ignore the rest, would I miss much?

Last edited:
it will be yet another series that will infested with faggot newcomers who watch an endless stream of ARMORED CORE EXPLAINED videos on youtube and use some Reddit tier HOW TO GET INTO guides.

It already started. :|
Does this matter though (outside of being cringe and annoying)? Isn't AC primarily or completely single player?
Up until AC V, yes. But V was MP focused, even though no one really played it outside Japan. I've never played the V line, though, so I wouldn't know.

But yeah, I echo the sentiment. The worst part of From software games is definitely all the 4deep5u faggots who churn out a video every week about muh completely original view of the LORE.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
What's the difference between difficult and hard and hard and ⭐hard? Or medium and ⭐medium? etc.
The games marked with a star are recommended for AC beginners.
Yeah I saw that later. The thrust of the question is more about what's the difference between difficult and hard. I added the star thing later.

Having difficult and hard together on a rating system is like having a scale where I rate the rustyness of a post by a distinction between "douche" and "asshat". These things may have some subtle differences but they functionally mean the same thing, so it's unclear what distinction the writer would be trying to draw.

I mean, whoever wrote that thing is clearly not a native English speaker, so anything goes. I think "difficult" is less hard than "hard", since they used "fucking hard" for LR, widely considered the hardest game in the series.

Matador

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Maybe we are in track for classic March From Software release. Seems rushed but not impossible.

Derringer

Prophet
Master of Arena is fun but Armored Core like a lot of other video game series are a mixed bag, the ones I've played are all fun games (Ninebreaker isn't really a game) but they also get samey after a while, I never played 4 or 5.

I think we would’ve maybe seen a bit more of this game by this point if it was coming out in March. They just officially revealed it a month ago. If it was coming in March, we definitely would have had some big E3 trailer for it last year; and the leak from January of last year seems like they could’ve shown off the actual game during last year’s E3 if March was the date they were shooting for.

If it is March, then that’s maybe the fastest a major release has went from official announcement to release. Fallout 4 was fast, and that was five months and got a E3 showing in. This would be just a little over or under three months from the Game Awards reveal.

was it any good? has this any hope of being good?

Steel Battalion wasn’t made by FromSoftware. At least that one. I’ve heard good things about, but it costing $200 meant I never got it when it came out.

This has hope of being good. The Armored Core series is more good than it isn’t, and the little they’ve talked about it sounds like they’re making some changes that’ll make it better.

Theodora

Arcane
Patron
Glory to Ukraine

Was about to ask if Armoured Core was that mech building game. Great graphic, thanks! I know someone that'll love this, and presumably 99% of them will run well on a Steam Deck -- itself already a controller -- bar maybe the PS3 titles.

Looks neat, but are they (historically) a pain in the ass to control? Never tried a mecha game, and feel like I've heard that complaint somewhere along the way. Wonder if FromSoft will manage to pull off their usual success, given such a different context, and one conventionally limited to Japanese and weeb audiences. Certainly looks flashy enough to pull in a wide audience if they market it enough.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
This guy did alot of Armored Core reviews
Here's his summary of the entire series :

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom