Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Armored Core VI: Fires of Rubicon

Yeah, the last few months he’s been going playing and playing the whole series. They seem good from the bit I watched of them.

Matador

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I post here the best solution I have tried to improve AC 3 controls. (PCSX2 emulator). Improves camera handling a lot.

I've found a solution to the original problem. The drifting experienced by mapping camera controls to the right analog stick can be offset within PCSX2's controller plugin. I can confirm the following works with the current nightly build (v1.7.3941) on Windows 10:

• Go to [Settings] -> [Controllers].
  • In the new window select [Controller Port 1], default should be set to [DualShock 2].
  • Under [Bindings] map your controllers right analog stick to the camera controls.
  • Under [Settings] find [Button/Trigger Deadzone] - Second from the bottom in the window.
  • Set it to any value of 10 or more.
This reduces the sensitivity of buttons and triggers and keeps controls from spazing out when mapped to sticks. It's not as elegant as proper dual analog controls. Up/down will still be extra sensitive; adjusting deadzone values above 10 helps. Left/right are still tired to leg performance. Higher deadzone values will make buttons potentially unresponsive in menus.

For even better handling I would recommend changing the IN-GAME controls to the following:

• Go Forward = D-Pad Up
  • Go Back = D-Pad Down
  • Move Left = D-Pad Left
  • Move Right = D-Pad Right
  • Look Up = Triangle
  • Look Down = X
  • Turn Left = Square
  • Turn Right = Circle
  • Fire Weapon = R1
  • Arm Unit L / Event = R2
  • Boost = L1
  • Change Weapon = L2
That will allow you to move, aim, and act without ever having to take your thumbs off of the analog sticks.

Note, any function mapped in-game to the d-pad will work with the left analog stick by default. Make sure to map the right analog stick to face buttons for camera control. Any controller function in PCSX2 can have multiple inputs assigned to it. For example: using a DualShock 4, click [Triangle] in the PCSX2 controller configuration window, hold [Up] on the DS4's right analog stick and press [Triangle] on the DS4. This will assign both simultaneously allowing you to use the right stick for camera in missions and face buttons for menus navigation otherwise.

Self-Ejected

Dadd

Self-Ejected
Do they have nothing more interesting to talk about with online play, than exchanging emblems?

The Dopamine Cleric

Prospernaut
Shitposter

https://www.gematsu.com/2022/01/rum...ls-and-screenshots-leaked-via-consumer-survey

Rumor: Armored Core 6 details and screenshots leaked via consumer survey

Set in a world devastated by a planet-wide disaster.
Sal Romano
Jan 10 2022 / 9:12 AM EST

First details and screenshots for a a new Armored Core game have reportedly surfaced via a consumer survey, according to a post by ResetEra user Red Liquorice.

The survey included a description, screenshots, and two short gameplay videos—one of a boss fight and one of a snowy area. The screenshots and videos were ID-watermarked, but the user was able to obscure the watermarks on the screenshots and shared them publicly.

“That’s all there was—four pages of four images,” Red Liquorice said. “The two videos I couldn’t save, no idea how even.”

The description featured in the survey is as follows:

About

Melange, an unknown substance that could dramatically advance human society. In the past, this substance caused a cosmic catastrophe on planet Bashtar that engulfed the surrounding star systems, and eventually its very existence was lost. Decades later, the Melange reaction was confirmed again on planet Bashtar. In search of the unknown substance that should have been lost, various speculations begin to swirl. Various parties are getting involved; The government, corporations, cultists, and unknown mercenaries… The protagonist is one of them.

The game is a TPS (third-person shooter) mecha action title that lets you move around an overwhelmingly scaled map that represents a unique sci-fi world with dynamic mech action. You will face strong enemies and fierce battles both long and short range using guns and blades.

Key Features

• The Sci-Fi World Created by Hidetaka MiyazakiFromSoftware‘s unique and deep sci-fi worldview and multi-layered story. Set on the planet Bashtar, a sci-fi world devastated by a planet-wide disaster, with an overwhelming sense of scale that only mecha can provide.
  • A Vast Field that Represents a Multi-Layered World – In a massive and three-dimensional map, you can feel the scale of the mecha universe. A wide variety of maps offer an array of challenging enemies and carefully crafted situations that are worth taking on again and again.
  • Feel the Tension, in Long and Short Range Battles – This game offers not only long-range combat with guns, but also short-range combat elements such as blade and shield, that add a sense of urgency to gameplay. Decide between defensive tactics during tense and challenging battles against powerful enemies.
  • Three-Dimensional, Dynamic Action – The game’s dynamic, three-dimensional movement is something no human can imitate. You can move freely around the vast map with the unique mobility of a mech.
  • High Degree of Freedom in Customization – Reconfigure body parts and weapons in order to upgrade your mech. With a high level of customization, you can build a mech to suit your play style; from a build that focusses on close-range combat and mobility, or a build that emphasizes firepower to wipe out swarms of enemies at once.
Red Liquorice shared the following additional impressions of the footage:

The boss fight seemed very Souls in terms of speed and style. It looked like an industrial-looking brown room, the player started afar, locked on firing guns, then closed in and attacked; melee and the speed / movement all seemed very familiar Souls style. [If I recall correctly] the boss had a domed head and was bigger than the player, but not huge. If I had to guess, I’d say this was like an Asylum or Taurus Demon style early boss, obviously total speculation there, but it didn’t seem grandiose or particularly impressive as an encounter. Boss had a life bar on screen (at the top of the screen [if I recall correctly])—very simple, but it was more red LED-styled, futuristic as you might expect—angular edges on the life bars rather than straight rectangle.

The second video didn’t seem to include any combat, just moving towards this big wall or gate in the snowy area, following either other players or enemies ahead of the player, relatively small in the distance, but they had circular ‘target’ effects on them—perhaps not a target, but just identifying them other mechs. The snow reminded me of the Capcom mech game from a while back, just because of the snow.

As for the title of the game, Red Liquorice said, “The survey listed a choice of titles for the game, so I guess that hasn’t been decided on yet. Most of them were Armored Core: [Something], including just ‘Armored Core‘ and both Armored Core 6, Armored Core VI, and other subtitles I can’t remember—some of the choices didn’t include Armored Core in the name at all.”

Way back in September 2016, FromSoftware confirmed in an interview that it was working on a new Armored Core title. Two years later, company president Hidetaka Miyazaki suggested that the title was still in development, despite no official announcement.

Armored-Core-Rumor_01-10-22_001-768x432.jpg

Armored-Core-Rumor_01-10-22_003-768x432.jpg

Armored-Core-Rumor_01-10-22_002-768x432.jpg

Armored-Core-Rumor_01-10-22_004-768x432.jpg

I'd buy that.

WOW! I love the Armored Core Series!!!!

Too bad I won't be able to play it because I'm not fully vaccinated yet. Since I my dentures fell out I can't get good money sucking dick to afford the ride to see the Dr. at uptown, so now I'm half-white-supremacist. Heil Hitler faggot.

Wait, why does this trailer look like shit?! I remember jerking off my friends playing Armored Core on PS1 after school. This looks nothing like that. This look like a retarded swiss mgtow took a shit in an AI generator and made a japanese ladyboy edit it together. What the fuck is that thing?

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron

Sources – Armored Core 6 to Release August 2023

Armored Core 6 Announced

Insider Gaming sources have revealed that Armored Core 6 will release in August, specifically on August 25, 2023.

The news comes following last week’s findings by Gematsu that Armored Core 6 had officially been rated in Korea. The findings prompted relief for fans, who had thought the game could have been delayed until 2023. Although age ratings are not an indication of whether or not a game will be delayed.

It has already been highly speculated that the game will make an appearance at Summer Game Fest on June 8th, but our sources have suggested that the information was obtained in a way to suggest that an announcement could come soon (although not 100% confirmed).

Armored Core 6 was first mentioned by FromSoftware president Hidetaka Miyazaki in September 2016, stating that a new entry in the Armored Core series was in development. After a leak in January 2022, it was officially revealed at the Game Awards in December 2022.

Armored Core 6: Fires of Rubicon is in development for the PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Windows, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X/S.

What do you think about the Armored Core 6 release date?

I'd be okay with that.

lightbane

Arcane
I may be mistaken, but isn't that blue robot from the trailer a variant of the White Glint model of AC4 and 5?

Also, for newcomers, don't expect the story to make too much sense, especially in regards to previous titles. Each game is pretty much self-contained and always postapocalyptic, although at least it doesn't descend into incoherent gibberish like Souls games.

Ivan

Arcane
The first FromSoft title I'm not D1P sold on. Just me? What I love is the sense of place each game has. This one, idk, looks like it has other priorities which may make me wait for a sale or reviews (have 0 experience w/the series)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom