Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Art

Akratus

Self-loathing fascist drunken misogynist asshole
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Stumbled into this thread just now, and I must say, this is top notch art. Especially the animation! My hat goes off to you, sir(s)!

Sneaky Seal

Aurum Dust
Developer
Stumbled into this thread just now, and I must say, this is top notch art. Especially the animation! My hat goes off to you, sir(s)!
Awesome, thank you. It's hard to spread the word - so if you know someone that might be interested - feel free to share. Are you ino the drawn 2D yourself?

Meanwhile we have a new art ready.

VqdLGoJ.jpg

We have another character to show. His name is Lon.
This guy is the always sullen and disgruntled master of Friga's guards. His facial expression changes neither before the eyes of the king, nor in the face of death.
Despite the fact that he has long hated his work Lon is still the best, performing his duties flawlessly. He is prized as a strong, reliable and loyal warrior.

What do you think?

Sneaky Seal

Aurum Dust
Developer
Lon's got a fancy medallion.

Yep, that's a captain's medallion, all the officers of the guard wear them. Nobody really remembers their purpose, but once the Reaping (a major game event) starts it will become clear.

does it turn him into an anime magical girl?

That would be a game changer *wink-wink*. I'll show myself out.

Meanwhile, Arbalest's miniature is ready.

nKR7rK0.jpg

We are looking forward to animations. Can't wait to show you this unit in motion. Do you like him?

Sneaky Seal

Aurum Dust
Developer
As you may know we are trying hard to make animations for our characters as real as it possible. That's why we are using rotoscoping technique recording every little move in studio.

This is Atraah the Reaper walking animations. Do you think it looks reliably?

giphy.gif

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
As you may know we are trying hard to make animations for our characters as real as it possible. That's why we are using rotoscoping technique recording every little move in studio.

This is Atraah the Reaper walking animations. Do you think it looks reliably?

giphy.gif
Atraah obviously needs more alcohol.

Sneaky Seal

Aurum Dust
Developer
I've never seen an actual Reaper walking, so I can't say for sure, but it looks convincing enough.

Man, you gotta get out of the house more often. You life might just pass by without you seeing an actual reaper.

Atraah obviously needs more alcohol.
This might be true, we actually had some drinks while recording.

Actually, the actor was trying to show a freshly dead possessed body, thus the clumsiness and stiffness of the movement - it should demonstrate how the creature is not adjusted to its body and doesn't operate its limbs too well.

Sneaky Seal

Aurum Dust
Developer
This is Hederlig, our another character.

szr3leu.jpg

Hederlig is a prince of Isana but unlike a lot of spoiled royal people, he is not arrogant, doesn't like excess and empty bragging. Known for his nobility, kindness and wisdom. Got respect from many ordinary people.

A fine warrior, tall and perfectly built, ruthless to the enemy on the battlefield.

What do you think?

BlackGoat

Arbiter
Yeah, I think it's important but I'm partial to the Myth series which really sold the horror of melee, people hacking at eachother, crumpling into piles of gib. So few games seem to have it. Battle Brothers does it nicely.

Sneaky Seal

Aurum Dust
Developer
Yeah, I think it's important but I'm partial to the Myth series which really sold the horror of melee, people hacking at eachother, crumpling into piles of gib. So few games seem to have it. Battle Brothers does it nicely.
Yeah, but I guess we won't have - it's not that it's hard to animate but it is a challenge to sync it with different types of attacks.

Meanwhile, we are working on enses' animations. Looks like this guy is cursing or healing someone but nobody knows for sure.

giphy.gif

It is just a rough draft so the truth will be revealed when it's done.

Old One

Arcane
Yeah, but I guess we won't have - it's not that it's hard to animate but it is a challenge to sync it with different types of attacks.

A nice middle ground might be Fallout-style death-animation gore. It's a nice reward for the player to have "burned alive," " melted," "electrocuted," and "incinerated to ashes" deaths.

For those special occasions, you know.

Sneaky Seal

Aurum Dust
Developer

A nice middle ground might be Fallout-style death-animation gore. It's a nice reward for the player to have "burned alive," " melted," "electrocuted," and "incinerated to ashes" deaths.

For those special occasions, you know.

We don't really have fireballs or lightnings to make it appropriate, but we will think about this sort of death animations, thank you.

Sneaky Seal

Aurum Dust
Developer
There's also the "die with a big chunk of your torso missing" one.

Yep, that is also an option, that is something we can try. Though we might ran out of actors for rotoscoping pretty fast.

Meanwhile, we are making new animations in studio with rotoscoping. Animals' animations looks really difficult so far but we trying to do our best.

giphy.gif

Trying to handle lizard's animations at the moment. Do you like it?

Old One

Arcane
The hind legs might be a problem. Lizard rear legs are way, way different from human legs, them being quadrupeds. I'd check out some alligator/crocodile videos for reference.

Sneaky Seal

Aurum Dust
Developer
The hind legs might be a problem. Lizard rear legs are way, way different from human legs, them being quadrupeds. I'd check out some alligator/crocodile videos for reference.

can they usea mini pet lizard like iguana or bearded dragon as skeleton?

Well, I could have said that it would have been hard to make a lizard go a specific path with a constant speed and perform various attacks and animations but we simply didn't have an actual lizard on hands. Then this guy went "I'm a lizard king!" and he kinda delivered on it.

Sneaky Seal

Aurum Dust
Developer
Continue to create unit's miniatures.

FiMbQZg.png

This is a Berkan guard. He's armed with a heavy morgenstern that pacify everyone who puts himself above the law very quickly.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom