Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Assassin's Creed Odyssey, set in ancient Greece - it's definitely an RPG now

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Companies are like high school/college popular girls - imitating what the hottest ones currently wear and do. And currently in for Ubisoft relevant market playground two hottest girls are Netflix (almost direct comparison made in video) and CD Projekt. No wonder Ubi is buying attention by trying to act like them. For better or worse...

Self-Ejected

RNGsus

Self-Ejected
What the hell's a season pass? Isn't that your tickets to Six Flags?

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
What the hell's a season pass? Isn't that your tickets to Six Flags?
Should be, apparently isn't only that. I know what is Ubisoft pass though. You can buy them cheap from me. It gives you lifetime pass on everything with Ubisoft's logo on it. Saves bunch of money and even more time. And will cost you mere 9,69 $.

Real best deal!

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Oh look, it's the same Riposte 2 Win gameplay ever AssCreed has.

e: Okay the Eye-in-the-ass scene was pretty funny.

Astral Rag

Arcane
SLZBerw.jpg

TemplarGR

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
As a Greek person, i always cringe when popular media are attempting to portray ancient Greece. They get it so wrong, 99% of the time... Greek history is so freaking rich it is a huge surprise to me why it hasn't been exploited more by the gaming industry. Yet, when they do it, instead of being accurate they just copy a retarded movie based on a retarded comic book...

Modron

Arcane
As a Greek person, i always cringe when popular media are attempting to portray ancient Greece. They get it so wrong, 99% of the time... Greek history is so freaking rich it is a huge surprise to me why it hasn't been exploited more by the gaming industry. Yet, when they do it, instead of being accurate they just copy a retarded movie based on a retarded comic book...
Yeah I liked the 1960s' 300 Spartans more than 300.

Paul_cz

Arcane
Ubi seems to be putting in at least some effort though. The visuals seem pretty on point and they made it a point to hire as many greeks for VA as possible.

Self-Ejected

RNGsus

Self-Ejected
Welcome to the rootless, deconstructed hellscape of contemporary western entertainment.

Also, not black enough. We wuz Play dough an shieeet

Molina

Savant
I watched the preview from a French Youtuber. In fact, this AC would have more RPG mechanism and more C/C than TW3. I'm very glad that Ubisoft is replacing Bioware in AAA RPGs.

And you can meet Stantor, so GOTY.

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
After watching this youtube commentary I am deeply saddened by the fact the creators of this game went a long way not to show any sign of ancient Greek sexism. A pity because it will completely break the immersion, despite all the effort they put into recreating the cities or finding proper, Greek-sounding voice actors.

I will have to play Alexios not Kassandra (whom I really wanted to try) because I want to exprience ancient Greece and not some Disney style egalitarian fairy tale.

Codex Year of the Donut
After watching this youtube commentary I am deeply saddened by the fact the creators of this game went a long way not to show any sign of ancient Greek sexism. A pity because it will completely break the immersion, despite all the effort they put into recreating the cities or finding proper, Greek-sounding voice actors.

I will have to play Alexios not Kassandra (whom I really wanted to try) because I want to exprience ancient Greece and not some Disney style egalitarian fairy tale.

why do the greeks look like subsaharan africans

Deleted member 7219

They don't.

Codex Year of the Donut

They don't.

100% GREEK
ZTBHbOR.jpg

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
They look White Enough (tm) for me and you can judge my stance on race from my posts in the politics forum if you wish. :hmmm:

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron

Ever heard of this place called "Outside"? If you spend enough time there, you get this thing called "Tan". You get it extra faster if you're spending time sailing.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom