Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Assassins Creed Valhalla - set in the Viking age - now on Steam

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Caring for historical accuracy in Ubisoft games is like caring for the taste of popcorn while watching a movie.

You don't understand, this is not about historical accuracy, is about mass demoralization and cultural subversion.

Enjoy your homo-afro viking games for 70$, consume and don't think.

Yeah it's not just video games, it's movies, TV shows, historical fiction books, even (((educational))) programs on BBC are pushing the idea that Europe was always """diverse""" even in ancient and medieval times!!

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I know they gave up on realism forever ago but for fuck's sake, a gay viking would have been stoned to death ASAP.

Edit: No they wouldn't.

Last edited:

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
You had the right to kill someone if he accused you of practicing female magic.

Not even directly calling you gay.

Just saying "Yeah he performs magic... but the kind that women usually do lol."

That's enough of an insult to legally allow you to kill whoever said that.

But lmao GAY VIKINGS amirite?? They were soooooo tolerant just like modern Sweden!!

Delterius

Arcane

But lmao GAY VIKINGS amirite?? They were soooooo tolerant just like modern Sweden!!
tbh that just seems like gay men > women magic in this case

rip shieldmaidens

Old Hans

Arcane
some bits of this game remind me of dragons dogma. if only this game had skeletons and dogs

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

To be honest here,faggotness of ancient times has nothing to do with today shit. It was all about show dominance and power,in most cultures the one doing the fucking was seen as manly because he managed to subdue and humiliate another one. Also it was looked the way that the one getting it in the ass was not seen as a man.

Today's dumb libtard "scholars" try to paint every ancient society as faggots because they themself are faggots and want some validation. In reality neither greeks,romans,vikings or egyptians were faggot societies and looked or even hunted down that shit lol.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy

To be honest here,faggotness of ancient times has nothing to do with today shit. It was all about show dominance and power,in most cultures the one doing the fucking was seen as manly because he managed to subdue and humiliate another one. Also it was looked the way that the one getting it in the ass was not seen as a man.

Today's dumb libtard "scholars" try to paint every ancient society as faggots because they themself are faggots and want some validation. In reality neither greeks,romans,vikings or egyptians were faggot societies and looked or even hunted down that shit lol.

Nah, there's bits in the Sagas that outright state a homo gets the death penalty.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron

Nah, there's bits in the Sagas that outright state a homo gets the death penalty.

Yeah but the definition of homo is "likes to receive it up his bum". If you rape another man you're not gay in most ancient societies, it's a demonstration of power, and you turn the man into a woman through that act. If you're a man who enjoys receiving, you're considered to be not a man because you willingly put yourself into the sexual role of a woman, the passive receiver.

That doesn't mean it was normal or accepted for people to regularly fuck other men in the ass, because it was a humiliating and degrading act and everyone you did it to would be so heavily insulted in his honor the only way to redeem himself would be to kill you. So if both men willingly engaged in it, it's pretty clear they're both faggots and get thrown in the bog. Simple as.

Two viking men kissing in public, like in that one screenshot, would likely result in the village coming together for a nice public execution with free drinks and music.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

Yeah but the definition of homo is "likes to receive it up his bum". If you rape another man you're not gay in most ancient societies, it's a demonstration of power, and you turn the man into a woman through that act. If you're a man who enjoys receiving, you're considered to be not a man because you willingly put yourself into the sexual role of a woman, the passive receiver.

That doesn't mean it was normal or accepted for people to regularly fuck other men in the ass, because it was a humiliating and degrading act and everyone you did it to would be so heavily insulted in his honor the only way to redeem himself would be to kill you. So if both men willingly engaged in it, it's pretty clear they're both faggots and get thrown in the bog. Simple as.

Two viking men kissing in public, like in that one screenshot, would likely result in the village coming together for a nice public execution with free drinks and music.
That is my point,and yeah those two faggots would have been getting the blood eagle in minutes of kissing lol. Ahhh ubisoft is the worst company because it tries to rewrite history and show it in perverted modern way. I really do hate them and wish the pox on them!

gerey

Arcane
Zionist Agent

Rated W
Sd4GA3N.png

Tim the Bore

Scholar
Caring for historical accuracy in Ubisoft games is like caring for the taste of popcorn while watching a movie.

You don't understand, this is not about historical accuracy, is about mass demoralization and cultural subversion.

Enjoy your homo-afro viking games for 70$, consume and don't think.

1) Nothing is more important for a game than its mechanics. If mechanics are flawed, the game is flawed. Everything else is secondary to that.

2) The story in video game can only be as good as its mechanics will allow it to be. Flawed mechanics = flawed story.

3) Even if there would be some kind of conspiracy, you can't effectively manufacture propaganda through flawed and shitty pieces of work. The better something is, the more persuasive it can be. On the other hand, if that work is deeply disfunctional, it may actually backfire - it'll mock the whole idea instead. So if you really believed in what you wrote, you should be grateful to Ubisoft for sabotaging this whole thing.

4) On the other hand, maybe you believe that they are much more cunning than that – that they are destroying us by lowering our standards when it comes to critical thinking of things that we are consuming, by making shitty games. In that case my concerns are correct, because I actually care about the gameplay. But this would obviously be some kind of tin-foil conspiracy. More likely they don't want to make this game too demanding, afraid that this could make they fanbase smaller. If that's the case, again, my concerns are about more important things than yours.

It's not the story that is too inclusive, but the gameplay itself.

5) My concerns are based on Ubisoft's inability to create satisfying gameplay – which is related to what kind of premise I think the game is trying to have. Your concerns are focused on some small, insignificant things, irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. But it's easier to get butthurt over things like that.

Ergo: To paraphrase: start thinking, instead of just consuming.

Dwarvophile

Liturgist

You're mistaking behaving like a woman (being "argr") with being homo. Look at Rome, it was allright to have homosexual intercourse, as long as you were not in the passive role. I mean why on earth wouldn't vikings have had people with contextual homosexual preferences ? They were fucking sailors ! Seriously, they surely did despise anybody taking the passive position, but that is something else.

I mean, I didn't agree with the way they represented the Greek culture in Oddysey, I also find ridiculous the way the woke culture look at the past with google glasses on, but the gay vikings stuff, that doesn't really shock me. I just find it hilarious. Especially since they, of course, imagine it by using nowadays standards and representations.

Last edited:

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron

You're mistaking behaving like a woman (being "argr") with being homo. Look at Rome, it was allright to have homosexual intercourse, as long as you were not in the passive role. I mean why on earth wouldn't vikings have had people with contextual homosexual preferences ? They were fucking sailors ! Seriously, they surely did despise anybody taking the passive position, but that is something else.

I mean, I didn't agree with the way they represented the Greek culture in Oddysey, I also find ridiculous the way the woke culture look at the past with google glasses on, but the gay vikings stuff, that doesn't really shock me. I just find it hilarious. Especially since they, of course, imagine it by using nowadays standards and representations.

You do realize that consensual homosexual intercourse requires one of the two men to take the passive role, therefore turning him into an honorless man? And no viking, nor Roman worth his salt would ever consent to taking that role unless his standing within society doesn't matter to him?

Dwarvophile

Liturgist

You do realize that consensual homosexual intercourse requires one of the two men to take the passive role, therefore turning him into an honorless man? And no viking, nor Roman worth his salt would ever consent to taking that role unless his standing within society doesn't matter to him?

Yes, of course I understand that. But my understanding is also that sexuality has always had 2 sides, one which is reflecting the social, cultural and evolutionist factors ; and one which is anti-social, transgressive and which answers to the tension created by the first and will always find its expression in secrecy.

Were the rumors about Caesar and Nicomedes true ? We'll never know. But the fact that they existed means that it was concievable to Romans, that a consul of Rome would have been in such a situation.

My reasoning is that if homosexuality existed in puritan, martial societies, why not in the viking society ?

Last edited:

DeepOcean

Arcane
The question isnt that it existed but at that time being a feminine male, showing excessive kindness to other males and behaving like a woman, being associated with feminine qualities was a serious insult worthy of death, you are seen as weak, inferior and not worthy of being a citizen. Even when there were cases of homosexuality, it was just implied, never openly assumed. Actually, such shows of open kindness with you woman was discouraged and you were considerated weak, let alone with other males.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Since when did all Vikings start to have their hair shaven from the sides so that they look like modern day lesbians? Is this the horned helm of this era?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom