Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Assassins Creed Valhalla - set in the Viking age - now on Steam

Van-d-all

Erudite
Standin' pretty. In this dust that was a city.
In reality neither greeks,romans,vikings or egyptians were faggot societies and looked or even hunted down that shit lol.
Emperor Hadrian literally made his faggot boyfriend into a god. The cult lasted over 200 years, especially in Egypt and Greece.

Last edited:

Dwarvophile

Liturgist
The question isnt that it existed but at that time being a feminine male, showing excessive kindness to other males and behaving like a woman, being associated with feminine qualities was a serious insult worthy of death, you are seen as weak, inferior and not worthy of being a citizen. Even when there were cases of homosexuality, it was just implied, never openly assumed. Actually, such shows of open kindness with you woman was discouraged and you were considerated weak, let alone with other males.

Yes, I've just read about the insults of "argr" and "ergi". Anyway, I won't try to defend Ubisoft here. But the gay viking character is so fucking hilarious I don't get the anger. Hey, it's Monty Python's level of fun ! I even suspect some irony here.

Last edited:

Matador

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
"Ass Creed Valhallah". I should have known from the start that this thread would be full of sodomites looking for action.

You do realize that consensual homosexual intercourse requires one of the two men to take the passive role
What if they're really flexible?

EU42m2y.png

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Since when did all Vikings start to have their hair shaven from the sides so that they look like modern day lesbians? Is this the horned helm of this era?

since that TV show had one or two characters wear their hair like this, now everyone copies the protagonists of that show

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I've seen some non-Viking themed games (fantasy, post-apoc) where the long braided hairstyle with shaved sides is called "Viking", so yes.

Ass Creed Butthala! Can't wait for the empty pointless MMO sized world. Looks pretty but soul crushingly boring and pointless.

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
Hello everyone I was just wondering if this thread could be deleted?

Thanks in advance
You going to post this low-effort comment in the thread of every game you don't like?

Edit: Oh, I forgot I'm on your ignore list. Fuck you.

Last edited:

Nifft Batuff

Prophet
When I was a kid, I remember enjoying this game a lot:
BL4g7yi.png

Now, from that game, we have this legacy:
hOC6rkp.png

I am tired. I need to sleep a bit.

I wonder when Ubisoft makes these games, if some innocent young developer stands up in the design room, coughs, and goes "hey guys, do you think maybe it's time to stop making this utter shit for sub 70 IQ morons, and maybe create an interesting historical game instead, with actual game mechanics, a serious story, etc?" And then if the senior designer pulls the lever under his chair, and the young dunce falls through the floor to Rancor's cage.

It's not that I like Ubisoft, I can't stand them, but if you think these games are tedious to play, can you imagine how tedious they are to make, if you have the faintest interest in actual gaming and a half-functioning brain?

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I wonder when Ubisoft makes these games, if some innocent young developer stands up in the design room, coughs, and goes "hey guys, do you think maybe it's time to stop making this utter shit for sub 70 IQ morons, and maybe create an interesting historical game instead, with actual game mechanics, a serious story, etc?" And then if the senior designer pulls the lever under his chair, and the young dunce falls through the floor to Rancor's cage.

It's not that I like Ubisoft, I can't stand them, but if you think these games are tedious to play, can you imagine how tedious they are to make, if you have the faintest interest in actual gaming and a half-functioning brain?
Nah,they do force you to take an IQ test before hiring you,only sub 70IQ are allowed to work in there.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
i don't understand how it looks less graphically impressive than Origins or Odyssey. I can tell that it has more polygons or whatever but it looks less impressive, I dunno maybe it's the bad attempt at copying The Witcher 3 aesthetic.

Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
i don't understand how it looks less graphically impressive than Origins or Odyssey. I can tell that it has more polygons or whatever but it looks less impressive, I dunno maybe it's the bad attempt at copying The Witcher 3 aesthetic.
I don't understand how every post-unity asscreed instalment looks less graphically impressive than AC: Unity.

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

Medieval ages were generally less impressive than the glorious antiquity.

At least they got that right.

Curratum

Imagine thinking antiquity looked anything like the fabulous bullshit they put in the last two games!

fizzelopeguss

Arcane
Game just looks wrong and nothing like my beloved England. The oppressive, overcast sky is a complete fail. And not to mention the hideous looking vikings and shit weaponry and armour. It looks like that crappy for honour game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom