Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Assassins Creed Valhalla - set in the Viking age

Discussion in 'General RPG Discussion' started by Oracsbox, Apr 7, 2019.

1. Avarize Arbiter

Avarize
    Silver linings. Maybe they'll eventually stop gender divisions of gender in sports when they go crazy enough with this. Just imagine some genderqueer stepping into the cage with Brock Lesnar.

• incline incline x 3
    • Excited! Excited! x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. AwesomeButton Personally falsified the US election results Patron

AwesomeButton
    PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Actually Witcher 3's quality is entirely in its story and characters writing. Anything gameplay-related leans heavily on the accessibility side, so much so that you can play without care for most of its systems.

AC is on the accessibility side just as much as Witcher 3 is, making sure that every braindead exhausted middle aged guy will be able to trudge through one hour of repetitive combat when he gets home from work. But the writing which adds nothing to the "difficulty" being so inept is really the product of the writers' ability. I don't mean the complexity of plots, merely how the writers use language and where the inspiration comes for the stories.

• Brofist Brofist x 6
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • retadred retadred x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. cvv Arcane Patron

cvv
    Oh yeah, I meant intellectual accessibility. As for the interactive aspect of those games, I think they're equally bad. I'd even say the nuAC combat is less bad than the vanilla TW3.

• Balanced Balanced x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. AwesomeButton Personally falsified the US election results Patron

AwesomeButton
    PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Yeah, imposing target lock on someone playing with mouse and keyboard was uniquely bad.

^ Top  
  5. Oracsbox Arcane Douchebag!

Oracsbox
    Every single wombyn in this is exactly the same..fucking ugly, stronk and don't need no man, and more often than not, tells the men especially husbands what to do, half of them are also bigger/fatter than the men, it's a feminists wet dream, and because of it, they aren't interesting in any way.

The kung fu nuns were a particularly bizarre moment.

I'm assuming with the recent removal of the last few moderating elements (straight men) at Ubisoft, the next game will be even worse.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Someone has issues Someone has issues x 1
    • Disgusting! Disgusting! x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. AwesomeButton Personally falsified the US election results Patron

AwesomeButton
    Why anyone with any feeling of self respect would invest his time in this corporate semimanufactured food, boggles the mind.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2020
    • Brofist Brofist x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Shit Shit x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. Donut Touch Unwanted Edgy

Unwanted
    Vikings are like dwarfs, so if anything she should have a big bushy beard. Would be more true to history too, half of them were black and the other half were bearded women. I saw that on History channel.
    Soon hopefully, they would bring the edge back, and hot women, and gore for sure. Janky but fun games. Instead financiers throw their money at gays in Poland to polish turds.

What the flying fuck is this thread doing in the RPG section of the forums anyway?

• incline incline x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. J1M Arcane

J1M
    Having watched all of their GDC presentations, I can assure you that the dev and design talent is also lacking.

^ Top  
  9. TheDiceMustRoll Game Analist

TheDiceMustRoll
    whats the level cap in this game? I ran out of levels long before i ran out of content in Origins and I want to be rewarded in my dopamine receptors for clearing all of the ?'s on the map :popamole:

• feels good man feels good man x 1
    • Someone has issues Someone has issues x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. TheDiceMustRoll Game Analist

TheDiceMustRoll

nuAC combat doesnt cycle between a half dozen different animations when you press the attack button. How anyone could stand playing TW3 on death march is beyond me when Geralt can at any time do a dive roll with zero i-frames

• Agree Agree x 1
    • [citation needed] [citation needed] x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. Dedicated_Dark Arbiter

Dedicated_Dark
    Anyway, technically speaking there are no gays in this game, only lesbians even if you chose a male.

• FAKE NEWS FAKE NEWS x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. AwesomeButton Personally falsified the US election results Patron

AwesomeButton
    Have you even played witcher 3? Your roll and dodge animations are completely invincible.

• retadred retadred x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. TheDiceMustRoll Game Analist

TheDiceMustRoll
    Must have changed it since I beat it in 2015 and went back to replaying Dragon Age Inquisition endlessly. You know. A Good game.

• not sure if serious x 2
    • Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • M'lady x 1
    • Grab the minigun, there are demons here to smite x 1
    • Disgusting! x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. ERYFKRAD Barbarian Patron

ERYFKRAD
    Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker

• Funny Funny x 4
    ^ Top  
  15. AwesomeButton Personally falsified the US election results Patron

AwesomeButton
    Good sense of humor there.

I played DAI only a little - just 80 hours, to 100% the Heartlands. ;) It was the release version and playing with mouse and keyboard, I had to put up with their moronic port where I had to make a separate click for every weapon swing. You know. A Good game. :lol:

Later they patched some of the crap, but then I couldn't put up with their clumsily tacked on woke shit, so I never progressed past there.

Back to Witcher 3 though, playing with the Enhanced Edition mod solves your complaint.

I found the vanilla system very confusing and it took me a long time to get used to the logic that my camera highlights the enemy I'm going to strike towards, and from then clicking the mouse will either hit that enemy or make me execute a hitting animation while moving towards that enemy, regardless of what direction the character is facing.

In the EE mod, this is completey fixed. One click makes an attack and a step in the direction the character is facing. One click while holding a modifier key makes an attack after a bigger movement animation, for attacking an enemy which is at a distance of more than that one step, and a click with another modifier key is for reaching even further enemies. There is a video demonstrating it. It's from an old mod version but it's about the basics which are unchanged:

^ Top  
  16. TheDiceMustRoll Game Analist

TheDiceMustRoll
    um, no. You didnt need to click to make every swing, and it took you 80 hours to 100% the hinterlands, you're the slowest dipshit alive.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • retadred retadred x 1
    • Shit Shit x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. AwesomeButton Personally falsified the US election results Patron

AwesomeButton
    Ok, I see you are a retard, but if you're defending DAI that's already highly probable.

https://fextralife.com/forums/t1796...-for-pc/?sid=c8374d6f334c0a074875c974b4874379
    https://www.reddit.com/r/dragonage/comments/8rv6hk/no_spoilershow_do_i_toggle_autoattack_in_dragon/

^ Top  
  18. cvv Arcane Patron

cvv
    Well saying Geralt doesn't have i-frames and DAI is a good game is obviously retarded.

But bro, 80 hours just for the Hinterlands? That IS p. slow :lol:

^ Top  
  19. AwesomeButton Personally falsified the US election results Patron

AwesomeButton
    I was thrilled of collecting goat skins for refugees.

I also experimented with some mods and cheatengine, in order to turn off respawning mobs. I was trying to play this garbage as an RPG but it turned out impossible.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • hopw roewur ne hopw roewur ne x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • cuck cuck x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. Lord_Potato Arcane

Lord_Potato
    True. I'm playing DAI now (completionism is a bitch) and after 35 hours I finished Hinterlands (without dragon), Storm Coast (without dragon), the mire with the undead and advanced far in several regions of Orlais. Propably I'll finish it around 120 hours mark.

• Participation Award Participation Award x 1
    • Prestigious Prestigious x 1
    • Salute Salute x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. AwesomeButton Personally falsified the US election results Patron

AwesomeButton
    Ok, you're the fastest gun in Ferelden, congratulations.

• Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. cvv Arcane Patron

cvv
    I 100%-ed DAI a year ago, took me 100+ hours. Here was my BRUTALLY HONEST revioo.

• Brofist x 3
    • Funny x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Thanks! x 1
    • Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. Lord_Potato Arcane

Lord_Potato
    Nah, Angry Joe finished the whole ordeal in 60 hours.

^ Top  
  24. Deflowerer Arcane

Deflowerer
    What's up with the "fucking POS of a game" and playing it for dozens of hours and even 100%-ing it?

• it is a mystery it is a mystery x 2
    ^ Top  
  25. AwesomeButton Personally falsified the US election results Patron

AwesomeButton
    Speaking for myself in DAI's case - it was a mix of me trying various things to make it palpable, a desperate attempt to "get my money's worth", it's stupid, I know, some hours of play time which my gf had, and restarting with different characters. Also, I was curious about unlocking the stronghold, and wanted to at least reach that. I liked the stronghold mechanics in DAO-Awakening. By the end of the hinterlands area, I knew it wasn't getting any better, and I had accumulated enough hours to be fed up with the gameplay.

^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.