Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Assassins Creed Valhalla - set in the Viking age - now on Steam

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Actually Witcher 3's quality is entirely in its story and characters writing. Anything gameplay-related leans heavily on the accessibility side

Oh yeah, I meant intellectual accessibility. As for the interactive aspect of those games, I think they're equally bad. I'd even say the nuAC combat is less bad than the vanilla TW3.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Yeah, imposing target lock on someone playing with mouse and keyboard was uniquely bad.

Oracsbox

Every single wombyn in this is exactly the same..fucking ugly, stronk and don't need no man, and more often than not, tells the men especially husbands what to do, half of them are also bigger/fatter than the men, it's a feminists wet dream, and because of it, they aren't interesting in any way.

The kung fu nuns were a particularly bizarre moment.

I'm assuming with the recent removal of the last few moderating elements (straight men) at Ubisoft, the next game will be even worse.

AwesomeButton

Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Why anyone with any feeling of self respect would invest his time in this corporate semimanufactured food, boggles the mind.

Last edited:
Unwanted
Dumbfuck
This is a degenerate game made for trannies and she-men. No one wonders why the female version of the MC looks like a butch on steriods?
Vikings are like dwarfs, so if anything she should have a big bushy beard. Would be more true to history too, half of them were black and the other half were bearded women. I saw that on History channel.
When is Iran or Somalia going into games development?
Soon hopefully, they would bring the edge back, and hot women, and gore for sure. Janky but fun games. Instead financiers throw their money at gays in Poland to polish turds.

What the flying fuck is this thread doing in the RPG section of the forums anyway?

J1M

Arcane
And when you imagine that they don't make it shit and boring on purpose, it's simply the best they can actually do.

I wouldn't be so sure about that. When I played Origins and Odyssey I kept thinking: "This could've been so much better if the suits stopped constricting their devs and told them: You have creative freedom, go nuts".

This is the fundamental difference between stressing quality and stressing accessibility. If you do the former, you'll get Witcher 3. If the latter, you'll get nuAC. If you're constantly obsessing about the lowest common denominator, if you're constantly asking "Isn't our game too smart? Too challenging? Too different?" you can never produce anything better than a drab average.

I just feel the heavy hand of management in these Western AAA products, not the lack of development talent.
Having watched all of their GDC presentations, I can assure you that the dev and design talent is also lacking.

Self-Ejected

TheDiceMustRoll

Game Analist
whats the level cap in this game? I ran out of levels long before i ran out of content in Origins and I want to be rewarded in my dopamine receptors for clearing all of the ?'s on the map :popamole:

Self-Ejected

TheDiceMustRoll

Game Analist
Actually Witcher 3's quality is entirely in its story and characters writing. Anything gameplay-related leans heavily on the accessibility side

Oh yeah, I meant intellectual accessibility. As for the interactive aspect of those games, I think they're equally bad. I'd even say the nuAC combat is less bad than the vanilla TW3.

nuAC combat doesnt cycle between a half dozen different animations when you press the attack button. How anyone could stand playing TW3 on death march is beyond me when Geralt can at any time do a dive roll with zero i-frames

AwesomeButton

Patron

nuAC combat doesnt cycle between a half dozen different animations when you press the attack button. How anyone could stand playing TW3 on death march is beyond me when Geralt can at any time do a dive roll with zero i-frames
Have you even played witcher 3? Your roll and dodge animations are completely invincible.

Self-Ejected

TheDiceMustRoll

Game Analist

Have you even played witcher 3? Your roll and dodge animations are completely invincible.

Must have changed it since I beat it in 2015 and went back to replaying Dragon Age Inquisition endlessly. You know. A Good game.

AwesomeButton

Patron
Must have changed it since I beat it in 2015 and went back to replaying Dragon Age Inquisition endlessly. You know. A Good game.
Good sense of humor there.

I played DAI only a little - just 80 hours, to 100% the Heartlands. ;) It was the release version and playing with mouse and keyboard, I had to put up with their moronic port where I had to make a separate click for every weapon swing. You know. A Good game. :lol:

Later they patched some of the crap, but then I couldn't put up with their clumsily tacked on woke shit, so I never progressed past there.

Back to Witcher 3 though, playing with the Enhanced Edition mod solves your complaint.

I found the vanilla system very confusing and it took me a long time to get used to the logic that my camera highlights the enemy I'm going to strike towards, and from then clicking the mouse will either hit that enemy or make me execute a hitting animation while moving towards that enemy, regardless of what direction the character is facing.

In the EE mod, this is completey fixed. One click makes an attack and a step in the direction the character is facing. One click while holding a modifier key makes an attack after a bigger movement animation, for attacking an enemy which is at a distance of more than that one step, and a click with another modifier key is for reaching even further enemies. There is a video demonstrating it. It's from an old mod version but it's about the basics which are unchanged:

AwesomeButton

Patron
um, no. You didnt need to click to make every swing, and it took you 80 hours to 100% the hinterlands, you're the slowest dipshit alive.
Ok, I see you are a retard, but if you're defending DAI that's already highly probable.

https://fextralife.com/forums/t1796...-for-pc/?sid=c8374d6f334c0a074875c974b4874379
Have played around 4 hours and the lack of auto attack is still frustrating me.. Actually A LOT of the PC controls bother me but I'm sure there are over 100 topics on this so I won't start that rant. We do however NEED the auto attack brought back, at the very least on PC.. Please Bioware., listen to the fans for this one.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dragonage/comments/8rv6hk/no_spoilershow_do_i_toggle_autoattack_in_dragon/
[No Spoilers]How do I toggle auto-attack in Dragon Age Inquisition for the PC?

AwesomeButton

Patron
I played DAI only a little - just 80 hours, to 100% the Heartlands.

Well saying Geralt doesn't have i-frames and DAI is a good game is obviously retarded.

But bro, 80 hours just for the Hinterlands? That IS p. slow :lol:
I was thrilled of collecting goat skins for refugees.

I also experimented with some mods and cheatengine, in order to turn off respawning mobs. I was trying to play this garbage as an RPG but it turned out impossible.

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I played DAI only a little - just 80 hours, to 100% the Heartlands.

Well saying Geralt doesn't have i-frames and DAI is a good game is obviously retarded.

But bro, 80 hours just for the Hinterlands? That IS p. slow :lol:

True. I'm playing DAI now (completionism is a bitch) and after 35 hours I finished Hinterlands (without dragon), Storm Coast (without dragon), the mire with the undead and advanced far in several regions of Orlais. Propably I'll finish it around 120 hours mark.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I 100%-ed DAI a year ago, took me 100+ hours. Here was my BRUTALLY HONEST revioo.

I gave DAI a spin a few months ago, during a particularly bad open world RPG boner, while waiting for Warhorse to finally fucking finish Kingdom Come patching.

I tried to give the game a chance but it's painfully obvious it's a nuBioware product. The writing, characters and story oozes a soft, soyboy, estrogen-laden vibe. You could almost smell the vegan farts and hair dye. The main villain is straight outta some Sunday morning cartoon for retarded children. He could give Skeletor a run for his money. The overall plot is shockingly dumb.

Aight, some positives. First, the visuals. DAI came out in 2014 and to this day it remains one of the prettiest games on the market, which just shows the powah of the Frostbite engine. Bioware had been known for making ugly games with excellent writing. Now it's the exact opposite - their environmental design is jaw dropping (DAI, Andromeda, Anthem) but their writing is burning hospital refuse.

Second, there are pockets of greatness, even in writing. I guess a few talented writers still remained in Bioware after the founders left and it shows. (Andromeda is already a 100% pure turd tho.) I think I even laughed once or twice during the convos with your companions. The main quests are p. good. The "talky" quest in the Empress' castle is a great example. Children and retards could find it booooring I guess but as simulating court intrigue and high politics goes this part is great. There was a lot of moaning about the MMO collectible quests. I didn't mind those because due to my severe OCD I happen to like collecting useless shit and hoovering up question marks on the map. That's just me tho.

The combat is bearable. Parts of it are even done well. The different classes and specializations actually play very differently, some of the skills are fun to use and you can really feel the resistances and vulnerabilities of various enemies, I've always liked that. But it's still RTWP so overall it's shit.

Itemization and crafting is shit too of course but it's mainly because VERY few developers understand how to do itemization well and crafting is shit always and everywhere. That said I could list many RPGs with much worse itemization than DAI.

Dunno if anyone can call those positives but I tried.

AwesomeButton

Patron
What's up with the "fucking POS of a game" and playing it for dozens of hours and even 100%-ing it?
Speaking for myself in DAI's case - it was a mix of me trying various things to make it palpable, a desperate attempt to "get my money's worth", it's stupid, I know, some hours of play time which my gf had, and restarting with different characters. Also, I was curious about unlocking the stronghold, and wanted to at least reach that. I liked the stronghold mechanics in DAO-Awakening. By the end of the hinterlands area, I knew it wasn't getting any better, and I had accumulated enough hours to be fed up with the gameplay.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom